Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a name for OC

Default Here's a name for OC

Al Saunders.

Al is currently an "offensive consultant" with the Ravens.

If Haley decides not to call the plays (I can't imagine Saunders would come on if he were going to take on those duties), I think that Saunders would be a great fit. He is good at working with QB's and was here in KC during our great offensive run from 2002-2005.

I am sure he would leave an offensive consultant position for an OC job.

I thought of his name last night. He has proven that he can put points on the board. It would just depend on how he matches what Haley and our other coaches want to do. Not a bad name to consider.

Great name but I'd say he is a longshot at best. Prolly will be someone that Haley has worked with before. If he wanted someone familiar with KC and that can score points, we'd still have chan gailey.

Oh how I wish we would've listened to Dick and hired Al Saunders as his replacement instead of trading for the Worm. I wonder where the Chiefs would be right now had we taken that approach. As far as the op goes, I like that idea. I've always liked Al Saunders.

I'd take him.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Oh how I wish we would've listened to Dick and hired Al Saunders as his replacement instead of trading for the Worm. I wonder where the Chiefs would be right now had we taken that approach. As far as the op goes, I like that idea. I've always liked Al Saunders.
    I think that's something we all wish

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Would love to see Al as OC again, but if Hailey has a problem with OC calling the plays, this will never happen.

It should be best for the TEAM not Haley

Saunders would be awesome... if Haley lets him be in charge of the offense.

Could you image him coaching up Cassel, and what he could do with Charles and McCluster?? WOW

I'd really love for Scott Pioli to tell Haley "No... we tried that whole thing with you calling the plays. Get a damn offensive coordinator."

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast