Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lions interested in page

Default lions interested in page

Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith spoke recently about the small amount of unsigned restricted free agents around the league.

"Of the 20 [restricted free agents] in the league, all of them have signed tenders -- with the exception of our two and Logan Mankins in New England," Smith said.

Smith, like many others, completely forgot about Chiefs safety Jarrad Page. (Smith forgot Donald Penn too.)

We've mentioned Page's situation a few times over the offseason. Last we heard, the agents for Page requested a trade. It now appears there may be an interested party.

According to Len Pasquarelli of ESPN, the Lions want to team Page with second year player Louis Delmas in the secondary. The Chiefs appear ready to move on from Page and we're guessing it wouldn't take more than a late-round pick to acquire him.
    i do not know if this has already been posted

i say a 4th or a 5th

3rd and 5th or make him stay

At this point I say trade him. He is serviceable for sure... But with our depth being young lets see what they got. We aren't going to the superbowl this year. I am very interested to see Washingtons transition to safety.. And I believe with Berry, Flowers, and Carr either him or Kendrick Lewis could start and be just as serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    At this point I say trade him. He is serviceable for sure... But with our depth being young lets see what they got. We aren't going to the superbowl this year. I am very interested to see Washingtons transition to safety.. And I believe with Berry, Flowers, and Carr either him or Kendrick Lewis could start and be just as serviceable.
    I would like to see Page stay for depth and to give Berry a chance to learn and get experience, instead of being put in a starter role right away. But I have the feeling Page will be traded sooner rather than later.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

i say a 4th round pick which could turn into a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    I would like to see Page stay for depth and to give Berry a chance to learn and get experience, instead of being put in a starter role right away. But I have the feeling Page will be traded sooner rather than later.
    berry needs to be the starter right away.that is what one of his strong points going into the draft was.that he had played a pro style defense and was nfl ready. throw him in let him get his feet wet from day one

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    i say a 4th round pick which could turn into a 3rd.
    I like that idea. But I would settle for less, I would rather get any round pick as opposed to just cutting a guy. If he's worth something.. get it.
    Last edited by stricken721; 07-26-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Resident Celebrity

Yes, a trade would be good considering he was a seventh round pick up. I like our secondary without him and a 4th or 5th round pick up for Page would be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    Berry will be in a starting role no matter if Page is with us or not. This will be his chance to take the leader role in our defensive backfield and set the tone for what is to come.I am not saying that Page isn't a good player just that without Page Berry will be the lead man in our backfield far as I can see. Flowers is a good player as well all though CB.I can't wait to see what our new D coordinator can do with all this young good talent.
    Chiefs Nation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast