Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lions interested in page

Default lions interested in page

Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith spoke recently about the small amount of unsigned restricted free agents around the league.

"Of the 20 [restricted free agents] in the league, all of them have signed tenders -- with the exception of our two and Logan Mankins in New England," Smith said.

Smith, like many others, completely forgot about Chiefs safety Jarrad Page. (Smith forgot Donald Penn too.)

We've mentioned Page's situation a few times over the offseason. Last we heard, the agents for Page requested a trade. It now appears there may be an interested party.

According to Len Pasquarelli of ESPN, the Lions want to team Page with second year player Louis Delmas in the secondary. The Chiefs appear ready to move on from Page and we're guessing it wouldn't take more than a late-round pick to acquire him.
    i do not know if this has already been posted

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I say we keep Page unless we can get a 3rd rd pick and a 5th or multiple 4ths over 2 yrs!

You're all crazy. No one is going to give more than a 6th for him, more likely a 7th. If they give anything at all.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGJGTjV2WE"]YouTube- The Simpsons - No Tv and No Beer[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    You're all crazy. No one is going to give more than a 6th for him, more likely a 7th. If they give anything at all.
    We released a safety we picked in the second round, just released him outright, and here we are hanging on this 7th rounder like he is gold or something. Are you kidding me?

Page was never, ever as good as Pollard, yet we kept him... why? Because Page's is attitude was better? Really? Because all I see now is a guy who is a cancer, complainer and who is not happy. Yet we are hanging on to this guy like he is the second coming.

Get what we can for him and move on.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    We released a safety we picked in the second round, just released him outright, and here we are hanging on this 7th rounder like he is gold or something. Are you kidding me?

Page was never, ever as good as Pollard, yet we kept him... why? Because Page's is attitude was better? Really? Because all I see now is a guy who is a cancer, complainer and who is not happy. Yet we are hanging on to this guy like he is the second coming.

To be honest, I don't blame Page that much. He's a young-ish guy in a contract year, obviously not in the Chiefs' long term plans, who the Chiefs were going to play out of position (hurting his value in free agency in 2011) at SS, which is just a recipe for injury for him.

The Chiefs may be better off without him, but he's better off on another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

That is a matter of opinion and I disagree with it. Pollard was a horribly inconsistent and made his share of mistakes and didn't do much to make up for it.

At least Page made plays that won games for the Chiefs and while not the best tackler was more often in place to at least slow the runner down.

I can't count how many times Pollard was out of place or just whiffed on a tackle and he was a liability in pass covereage.

Pollard did more for the Chiefs as a special teams player.

that being said, there is no room for malcontents on this team, be it Pollard or Page.

I would like to see him around for another year......seems like he improved all of last year. I'd let him stick around another year, then try to trade. If he really wants out, he'll try even harder to make some money i.e. picks this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12