Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need your prayers please. :)

Default I need your prayers please. :)

I'm so ready for Chiefs season to begin, more than ever!! I'm really looking forward to, and soooooo ready for the MNF tailgating and game! I need a break from reality, BEER & good times!

Sorry I've been MIA, I sure miss Chiefs Crowd when I'm not here often. In my defense...my mind has been so over whelmed! First, many problems related to the x-husband violating court orders worsened in May, have continued worsening since, inflicting many struggles. Once my house sells all those problems with my 'x' will cease, I need my house to sell for emotional, physical, & financial well being. For those who pray, help me pray for my house to sell soon. It's been for sale for over a year, since May 2009...but with it's rural location, US economy in trouble, lenders cutting back...it isn't moving quickly.

I also volunteered back the first of June, to be the coordinator & person in charge of arranging a block of rooms at a New Orleans hotel for the Kid Rock 2nd Cruise in April 2011. I enjoyed doing it, but I had no idea it would be as time consuming as it was. Much of my PC time was being spent responding to tons of messages, emails, questions & concerns of fans to handle...phone calls too. What began as as an estimated 40 room block needed, ended this week with being 100 room block! Looks to be 400-500 Kid Rock fans staying at the hotel, depending on how many share rooms, usually 3-4 per room, but some will have more. My effort was a great success! This is the biggest hotel block ever within the fan clubs history! :)

In addition to handling the cruise related hotel arrangements, around the first of July my young friend Dillon had to return to St. Jude. His tumor began progressing again quite a while back, and he was to begin a new Chemo drug, as a research study patient...staying at St. Jude for at least a month. All I can do as a loving friend, is offer emotional support & comfort, which I'm grateful to do, but it can be emotionally draining at times too...feeling helpless cause I can't do more than just be there when he & his mom need me to be for emotional & spiritual support. I also keep Dillon's friends updated when he's at St. Jude, or hospitalized, so had that committment as well.

The side effects were more than he & his mom could tolerate, so he's been taken off the new Chemo drug. He may return home next week, if all the side effects have subsided. Dr's will re-evaluate, hopefully find a new treatment protocol for Dillon. Please keep Dillon in your prayers as well. I'll continue in another post, so this isn't so long for some. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Awesome pictures CJ! I've been to Atlanta once but it was only passing through, it's a nice place. Looks like you had a great time, and I love your Derrick Thomas HOF shirt.
    Thanks! I bought my shirt when I road tripped last August to Canton, for DT's induction ceremony. I don't wear it often...I bought two, but in different styles, so only have one each, and don't want to wear them out.

This was my 3rd time in Atlanta, but once was as a kid, & don't remember much. The 2nd time was in 2005, road tripping to 3 Kid Rock shows 3 nites in a row, haha...Chattanooga Friday nite, Birmingham Saturday nite, which was the show I arranged with Kid Rock to meet Dillon. Sunday I filled my truck with friends, we drove to Atlanta from Birmingham. I didn't attend the Kid Rock show there though, but me, x hubby, & a few friends did attend the Braves game at Turner Field/Ballpark. It was awesome...loved the design of Turner Stadium & atmosphere! The game bored me though, lol.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Love the pics Connie; you have entirely too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Love the pics Connie; you have entirely too much fun.
    Thanks! I try to have fun when I can.
    The trip to Georgia was the first fun I've had since the cruise back the end of April, and I sure needed to get out & have some fun. :)

I'm grateful to my friend Phyllis, she made my fun & memories possible. When she invited me to her graduation & celebration back in March, I told her respectively I couldn't make it, unless my house sold prior to July. Well, I had forgotten, but Phyllis didn't...that once upon a time I contributed to the cost of a round trip airline ticket as a birthday gift for her to come to Kansas City.

One night not expecting it, I received a forwarded email from the airline, Phyllis sent me the round trip airline ticket to Georgia. At first I refused to accept it, but then she became upset, reminding me of what I had done for her once, and telling me she would be hurt if I didn't accept the ticket & wasn't there with her. So, I set my stubborn pride aside, which at times can cut off my nose to spite my face, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Thanks! I try to have fun when I can.
    The trip to Georgia was the first fun I've had since the cruise back the end of April, and I sure needed to get out & have some fun. :)

I'm grateful to my friend Phyllis, she made my fun & memories possible. When she invited me to her graduation & celebration back in March, I told her respectively I couldn't make it, unless my house sold prior to July. Well, I had forgotten, but Phyllis didn't...that once upon a time I contributed to the cost of a round trip airline ticket as a birthday gift for her to come to Kansas City.

One night not expecting it, I received a forwarded email from the airline, Phyllis sent me the round trip airline ticket to Georgia. At first I refused to accept it, but then she became upset, reminding me of what I had done for her once, and telling me she would be hurt if I didn't accept the ticket & wasn't there with her. So, I set my stubborn pride aside, which at times can cut off my nose to spite my face, haha.
    I know what you mean kiddo; it's good to have such wonderful friends! Swallowing ones pride from time to time my taste bitter, but does you good like a medicine sometimes and hey, you only go around this crazy marry-go-round once so enjoy life while you can. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I know what you mean kiddo; it's good to have such wonderful friends! Swallowing ones pride from time to time my taste bitter, but does you good like a medicine sometimes and hey, you only go around this crazy marry-go-round once so enjoy life while you can. ;)
    Your advice is the same as many of my family and friends, but then you are one of my friends!

Update on my friend Dillon...St. Jude is releasing him to come home, not much more they can do right now until a new research treatment is approved by the FDA for human study, that he might qualify for. ~prayers~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Your advice is the same as many of my family and friends, but then you are one of my friends!
    Thanks kiddo; means a lot!

The feeling is mutual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12