Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need your prayers please. :)

Default I need your prayers please. :)

I'm so ready for Chiefs season to begin, more than ever!! I'm really looking forward to, and soooooo ready for the MNF tailgating and game! I need a break from reality, BEER & good times!

Sorry I've been MIA, I sure miss Chiefs Crowd when I'm not here often. In my defense...my mind has been so over whelmed! First, many problems related to the x-husband violating court orders worsened in May, have continued worsening since, inflicting many struggles. Once my house sells all those problems with my 'x' will cease, I need my house to sell for emotional, physical, & financial well being. For those who pray, help me pray for my house to sell soon. It's been for sale for over a year, since May 2009...but with it's rural location, US economy in trouble, lenders cutting back...it isn't moving quickly.

I also volunteered back the first of June, to be the coordinator & person in charge of arranging a block of rooms at a New Orleans hotel for the Kid Rock 2nd Cruise in April 2011. I enjoyed doing it, but I had no idea it would be as time consuming as it was. Much of my PC time was being spent responding to tons of messages, emails, questions & concerns of fans to handle...phone calls too. What began as as an estimated 40 room block needed, ended this week with being 100 room block! Looks to be 400-500 Kid Rock fans staying at the hotel, depending on how many share rooms, usually 3-4 per room, but some will have more. My effort was a great success! This is the biggest hotel block ever within the fan clubs history! :)

In addition to handling the cruise related hotel arrangements, around the first of July my young friend Dillon had to return to St. Jude. His tumor began progressing again quite a while back, and he was to begin a new Chemo drug, as a research study patient...staying at St. Jude for at least a month. All I can do as a loving friend, is offer emotional support & comfort, which I'm grateful to do, but it can be emotionally draining at times too...feeling helpless cause I can't do more than just be there when he & his mom need me to be for emotional & spiritual support. I also keep Dillon's friends updated when he's at St. Jude, or hospitalized, so had that committment as well.

The side effects were more than he & his mom could tolerate, so he's been taken off the new Chemo drug. He may return home next week, if all the side effects have subsided. Dr's will re-evaluate, hopefully find a new treatment protocol for Dillon. Please keep Dillon in your prayers as well. I'll continue in another post, so this isn't so long for some. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Sounds like you have a lot going on. Hope that everything works out for the best and that the sale of the house gets done real fast.

Dillon was suppose to fly with me to Georgia for a mutual friends graduation from Georgia Tech, but with his being in St. Jude couldn't make the trip. We made the plans back in March. I came close to not going for many reasons, including being disappointed Dillon wouldn't be with me...but with encouragement from our friend and Dillon, did make the trip. I was gone a week, returning early morning of July 20th. I did my best to have fun, but with so much negative happening related to legalities with the 'x' & worry over Dillon...it was tough to keep my spirits up.

My friend graduated Thursday evening July 15th, then Friday...she, myself, another friend...drove to Lake Wedowee, Alabama, where her family has a lake cabin...three other friends met us there. Sunday we returned to my friends home in Georgia.

My designer/creator friend Mark Roberts happened to be in Atlanta at the same time, and he knew I'd be there, so he invited me to visit his Atlanta Merchandise Showroom, have dinner with him at his condo in downtown Altlanta afterwards. He spends a great deal of time in Atlanta, so said it's feasible to have a condo there, but his permanent home is in California, where is company & offices are also located. He said it would be okay to bring my friend along, so she joined us. I did have a good time, the Margarita's he had at the showroom were the best ever! The Chocolate wine served before & with dinner was absolutely yummy! I know...Chocolate wine doesn't sound so good, and I'm not a big fan of wine...but it was some yummy good stuff! lol

I made a discovery while at Marks showroom & later condo...I totally understand why some have a couple beers, glasses of wine, whatever...after a long stressful day, because after the Margarita's and wine...I was finally relieved of all stress it seemed, haha. I wasn't drunk, but sure had fun with much laughing...which is always good for the heart! I became clumsy dropping grapes on Marks floor when trying to pick one off the bunch, and the damn things would roll under his sofa every time! Too far for me to reach, but when we went out on the balcony Mark was able to reach them on my behalf from behind the sofa...and we enjoyed his throwing them as far as he could off the balcony over downtown Atlanta. You had to be there, but it was some good stuff! Wonderful fun memories created!

I do have some great pics, and will share a few in this thread here in a bit. Don't any of y'all make fun of my no make up & in a bathing suit at the lake either! Soon to be 54, I'm almost a senior citizen according to restaurant menus!! LOL

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Sounds like you are going through a lot with your friend Dillon, Ex and your home being for sale. I will be sure to keep you and your friend in my prayers.

Resident Celebrity

Done kiddo!

God Bless you and Dillon.

Definitely in my prayers.

Honestly, I'm weary, it's been a struggle emotionally, physically, & financially since his heart attack scare Feb. 2007, clinical depression & imbalances began...over 3 yrs. We separated April 2009, I filed for divorce soon after...haven't lived with him in well over a year. I need to sever last ties & move, find employment, re-build my life in peace closer to KC, with what time I have remaining.

He can't harm me physically, nor do I think he would, he can't legally be near me, but he torments/punishes other ways indirectly. With all he's done to harm me directly, & my kids indirectly...it would be easy to hate, but I don't. I'll never be able to forget all he did to hurt & torment me the last 3 yrs, nor could I ever love or live with him again, but I do pray someday he'll find the man who once was, now lost deep within, save himself.

This is my own fault. With all he did absusively & dishonestly, evidence to back it up...I could've taken 100% of the house, but I wanted to be fair & kind ending the marriage. Attorney warned me I was "too nice & forgiving", those were his exact words. Attorney, counselors, some family... thought I was foolish not protecting myself when I split house equity 50/50, agreed to other conditions not in my best interest. I listened, but didn't follow their advice, rather my heart...which I truly believe is guided by God. I told them he was a good guy for 34 of our 37 yrs together, worked hard too, & was entitled to his half. Well, what I didn't consider is that man died in Feb. 2007, the man now isn't the same man.

Hey, ya know what...this is the way I saw it then & still do...I may have been a fool, lose everything I worked & sacrificed hard for in our 37 years together because I'm "too nice & forgiving"...but I didn't sell my soul. My kids love & respect me, I retained their respect not being selfish, angry, vindictive. It breaks my heart they've lost respect for their dad. Our son especially...barely has anything to do with his dad now. It's been hard on them emotionally too, we were married 37 yrs, they thought mom & dad were forever...son is 33 and my daughter turned 35 today!! It would've been easier for them had we divorced when they were young. Anyway...had I been vindictive or selfish looking out for myself...I'm not sure I would've kept their respect. I truly will have nothing if I sell my soul, if my kids don't love & respect me.

Okay...no more depressing stuff...time for fun stuff!! Here are some photos of my trip to Georgia/Alabama. :)

These are friends I first met about 8 yrs ago through Kid Rock's former KRAA fan club. We've attended concerts over the years together, meeting at various venues in the U.S.

This is my friend Phyllis...she's 50, and graduated with honors from Georgia Tech, accounting degree...I'm proud of her!

This is Angie, she's an RN and lives in North Carolina...Phyllis, then me, haha.

Here we are on Friday at Phyllis family cabin on Lake Wedowee, Alabama. :)

Okay...I think this one's 'kosher'...if not, please don't ban me!...I didn't know any better, lol. HEY, no body comparisons y'all...my friend Cheryl has spent over $30,000 she said, 're-constructing' her 48 yr old body, lol. By comparison...the rest of us have spent $0...it shows, LOL. :)
    This is Shannon, then Cheryl in the two piece, her hubby Kevin, who's a guitarist/songwriter, me, & Phyllis.

This is on Sunday, our last day at Lake Wedowee. :)

This is Monday morning...me saying goodbye to Phyllis' mom and neice...then heading into Atlanta to spend the day & evening with my friend Mark prior to my flying to KCI. My plane left Atlanta that night at 11 PM...by the time I got home, it was after 2 AM Tuesday.

Okay, this is early Monday evening, after visiting Marks showroom at the Atlanta Merchandise Mart, we walked two blocks to his downtown condo & had dinner. His condo is on the 38th floor, awesome views!!

This photo includes Peter, whom I've known as long as Mark. Peter is Marks assistant, photographer, etc..

I think that's the Falcon's stadium to the far right in this photo taken from inside Marks condo.

Awesome pictures CJ! I've been to Atlanta once but it was only passing through, it's a nice place. Looks like you had a great time, and I love your Derrick Thomas HOF shirt.

Resident Celebrity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast