Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Berry's Character

Default Berry's Character

Just wanted to show anyone who didn't see what Berry's been up to at training camp. All of these are tweets from Kent Babb:

"Flanked by Scott Pioli, Eric Berry is carrying Dwayne Bowe's pads up the hill."

"Berry:'yesterday was the first practice I ever missed in my whole life. It kind of hurt me.'"

"Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers said Berry apologized to the team for missing yesterday's practice."

"Berry: 'I know I passed the conditioning test. That was pretty easy, actually.'"

berry is hungry to be a great nfl football player not average but great.that goes along way especially when you have the athletic talent that he does.there is no doubt he will learn a ton from emmit and crennel and be a pro bowl safety for many years to come .

I really like this kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    $34 million........he better carry some dang pads!!!! LOL

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    excuse me but am I in the faider forum talking chit about thier players , coaches?? no im not that would make me a troll like him!! just ban him obviously he just came in here to start a e-fight.
    No matter what team he roots for, he has respected the rules of the site, so far.

Otf...While I agree that we should have addressed our run defense and O-line far more agressively, I have to believe that Weiss' quick passing game, and the early selection of a slot WR-type player suggests a lesser need for lengthy QB protection.

It puts alot more responsibilty on the QB, and I don't agree with the notion overall. But, if Cassel is capable of making the adjustments, then it will have seriously countered the need for top-flight pass protectors.

As far as run defense, by not making serious aquisitions in that area, the pressure falls heavily onto Romeo Crennel to use his LBs very, very wisely.

We have a very accomplished coaching staff. We will just have to wait and see if they can make something from, what appears to be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    excuse me but am I in the faider forum talking chit about thier players , coaches?? no im not that would make me a troll like him!! just ban him obviously he just came in here to start a e-fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No matter what team he roots for, he has respected the rules of the site, so far...

Exactly; from what I've seen he is merely stating an opposing opinion with respect to board rules. I think that perhaps a thicker skin here my be in order here.

I think your wrong Raider Fan, I think we did make improvements along both O and D Line... Lilja + Weigman + Asamoah on offense, all of which will be capable of starting a few games this year. Asamoah may come on late and replace Waters imo...

D Line we added Shaun Smith at Nose Tackle, and Crennel + another year in the 3-4 for both rookie T.Jackson and basically rookie g.dorsey (it was his first year in a 3-4 last year..) will make our D Line a lot better.

Plus, football is a team sport. our offense is going to be on the field twice as much this year, which will also help out the defensive stats.

Your not being a troll, just a raider fan. A lot more classy than most raider fans from my experience. but i still don't get the whole "im a raider fan signing up on a chief website" thing... i mean the only real reason to do something like that is to stir up chiefs fans by saying your raiders are ______. I just don't get that lol. but hey, to each his own.

say what you want, but KC still finishes better than OAK this year : )
    J5, Cassel, Tamba, Brandon Flowers, all going pro bowl in 2010, Chiefs go 9-7, make Wild Card playoffs...

Speaking of Berry anyone catch what he did on his FIRST practice? There was a huge fight that broke out because someone slammed Jammal Charles to the ground after a play, which ticked off the offense and especially Matt Cassel. Cassel goes into the middle of the scuffle all heated...and Berry, reckognizing that he is the Quarterback of our team, grabbed Cassel and pulled him out of the fight. Impressed coaches and players after practice called Berry's actions "a veteran move"

That is class.
    Resident Ambassador!

Everything I've read about this guy shows he has a great attitude and has a good head on his shoulders. Listening to his interviews he comes across as intelligent also. I prefer players who aren't headaches anyway. Good character goes a long way.

As for bolstering our lines, well we had that chance in the draft. Remember we had Berry AND Okung when our time was up. But both positions were a need and both good players. But hey, Berry is one of them talents that you just can't pass up. We did also get a new tight end that can help with blocking also.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No matter what team he roots for, he has respected the rules of the site, so far.

Otf...While I agree that we should have addressed our run defense and O-line far more agressively, I have to believe that Weiss' quick passing game, and the early selection of a slot WR-type player suggests a lesser need for lengthy QB protection.

It puts alot more responsibilty on the QB, and I don't agree with the notion overall. But, if Cassel is capable of making the adjustments, then it will have seriously countered the need for top-flight pass protectors.

As far as run defense, by not making serious aquisitions in that area, the pressure falls heavily onto Romeo Crennel to use his LBs very, very wisely.

We have a very accomplished coaching staff. We will just have to wait and see if they can make something from, what appears to be nothing.
    As usual, you hit the nail right on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    I think your wrong Raider Fan, I think we did make improvements along both O and D Line... Lilja + Weigman + Asamoah on offense, all of which will be capable of starting a few games this year. Asamoah may come on late and replace Waters imo...

D Line we added Shaun Smith at Nose Tackle, and Crennel + another year in the 3-4 for both rookie T.Jackson and basically rookie g.dorsey (it was his first year in a 3-4 last year..) will make our D Line a lot better.

Plus, football is a team sport. our offense is going to be on the field twice as much this year, which will also help out the defensive stats.

Your not being a troll, just a raider fan. A lot more classy than most raider fans from my experience. but i still don't get the whole "im a raider fan signing up on a chief website" thing... i mean the only real reason to do something like that is to stir up chiefs fans by saying your raiders are ______. I just don't get that lol. but hey, to each his own.

say what you want, but KC still finishes better than OAK this year : )
    The best thing we did for the defensive line was to add Romeo Crennel, who came up as a defensive line coach for Parcells, and then Anthony Pleasant, who actually played on the Pats super bowl d-line.

As Tyson Jackson is hitting the weight room HARD (by all accounts), we should expect to see a jump in play.

TJ and Dorsey were both consensus top defensive linemen. They need to be coached up, even though they're top -5 picks.

What were the chiefs supposed to do to improve their d-line? Draft ANOTHER top 5 pick? No. You have to coach, teach, instruct the young players you already have.

there's going to be a massive improvement on the D.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast