Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Chiefs Crowd NFL Pickem Challenge League Created! Info to join here >>>>

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default Chiefs Crowd NFL Pickem Challenge League Created! Info to join here >>>>


    0 Not allowed!
    With Coach's okay I have created a Yahoo NFL Pickem Challenge League for Chiefs Crowd members and their families. You're welcome to invite your good NFL buddies as well if you'd like.

    If you've never played Yahoo's NFL Pickem Challenge...it's easy, quick, and competitive fun. All you need to do is pick which NFL teams you think will win their games each week. You have a 50/50 chance of being right, haha!

    Some league members choose to pick quickly using instinct, others will invest more time competitively, such as checking injury reports of teams prior to making a pick. Yahoo also provides a Pickem "Experts Picks" page to help influence your pics. Personally, I think it's fun to compete against the experts too, I enjoy picking more accurately than the so called experts do, hahaha. It's up to you how competitive you choose to be or not related to thought invested.

    At the end of the season, whomever has picked right the most often, wins of course. This year Yahoo is including picking through the playoffs too! YEAH! Yahoo also presents the top three placements with a virtual trophy to add to their Yahoo Fantasy Sports Trophy Case.

    The information you need to join our Chiefs Crowd Yahoo NFL Pickem Challenge League is below. I recommend when you join, that you allow the option for Yahoo to send you email reminders each week to make your picks. It's easy to forget when life becomes too busy at times, and not all games are scheduled on Sunday or MNF...there will also be Thursday night & holiday games. If you do miss a week picking, it is possible to re-gain your standing in a few weeks, if you pick very good & others at the top have a bad week, so not all hope is lost.

    I have set the league up so you may make your picks up to 5 minutes before each games scheduled kick off time. If you miss picking a Thursday night game, you will still be able to pick Sunday, MNF games. As well, if you miss picking the noon Sunday games, you will still be able to pick the late afternoon games.

    To join our Chiefs Crowd Yahoo NFL Pickem Challenge League, you will need our group ID # 3860, and password ccisbest...which is simply 'Chiefs Crowd is best' abbrieviated, haha. Our League name is 'Chiefs Crowd', you may choose whatever name you prefer for your 'pick set name'...I go by Connie Jo as always, haha.

    You will need to log in to your Yahoo account prior to following the 'join up' link below. If you don't have a Yahoo account you will need to open one, which it's free and easy to do.

    Here's the link to join our Chiefs Crowd Yahoo NFL Pickem Challenge League:
    Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Pro Football Pickem - Join a Group
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 07-31-2010 at 03:36 PM.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    signed up!

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    signed up!
    YEEHAW!!

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    With Coach's okay I have created a Yahoo NFL Pickem Challenge League for Chiefs Crowd members and their families. You're welcome to invite your good NFL buddies as well if you'd like.

    If you've never played Yahoo's NFL Pickem Challenge...it's easy, quick, and competitive fun. All you need to do is pick which NFL teams you think will win their games each week. You have a 50/50 chance of being right, haha!

    Some league members choose to pick quickly using instinct, others will invest more time competitively, such as checking injury reports of teams prior to making a pick. Yahoo also provides a Pickem "Experts Picks" page to help influence your pics. Personally, I think it's fun to compete against the experts too, I enjoy picking more accurately than the so called experts do, hahaha. It's up to you how competitive you choose to be or not related to thought invested.

    At the end of the season, whomever has picked right the most often, wins of course. This year Yahoo is including picking through the playoffs too! YEAH! Yahoo also presents the top three placements with a virtual trophy to add to their Yahoo Fantasy Sports Trophy Case.

    The information you need to join our Chiefs Crowd Yahoo NFL Pickem Challenge League is below. I recommend when you join, that you allow the option for Yahoo to send you email reminders each week to make your picks. It's easy to forget when life becomes too busy at times, and not all games are scheduled on Sunday or MNF...there will also be Thursday night & holiday games. If you do miss a week picking, it is possible to re-gain your standing in a few weeks, if you pick very good & others at the top have a bad week, so not all hope is lost.

    I have set the league up so you may make your picks up to 5 minutes before each games scheduled kick off time. If you miss picking a Thursday night game, you will still be able to pick Sunday, MNF games. As well, if you miss picking the noon Sunday games, you will still be able to pick the late afternoon games.

    To join our Chiefs Crowd Yahoo NFL Pickem Challenge League, you will need our group ID # 3860, and password ccisbest...which is simply 'Chiefs Crowd is best' abbrieviated, haha. Our League name is 'Chiefs Crowd', you may choose whatever name you prefer for your 'pick set name'...I go by Connie Jo as always, haha.

    You will need to log in to your Yahoo account prior to following the 'join up' link below. If you don't have a Yahoo account you will need to open one, which it's free and easy to do.

    Here's the link to join our Chiefs Crowd Yahoo NFL Pickem Challenge League:
    Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Pro Football Pickem - Join a Group
    I joined and made a yahoo account.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This is going to be fun!!!

    Who else has joined?

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,217
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post


    I had to read your post twice to make sure I read it right, hahaha..."last place". I think you're the first person I've ever heard talk football game smack declaring they'll be last, hahaha.
    Just my luck when picking, I know that if the Lambs were playing NE I would pick NE of course and they would lose. I know my luck on these type of things and that is the way it goes.
    That is why I stopped playing Fantasy Football I seemed to always get one of the last picks and one or two of my starters would always end up on the IR and I would be just good enough to get into the playoffs and seem to always lose I won a couple of times but not worth writing home about .

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Just my luck when picking, I know that if the Lambs were playing NE I would pick NE of course and they would lose. I know my luck on these type of things and that is the way it goes.
    That is why I stopped playing Fantasy Football I seemed to always get one of the last picks and one or two of my starters would always end up on the IR and I would be just good enough to get into the playoffs and seem to always lose I won a couple of times but not worth writing home about .
    Well, I've been playing Pickem for several years. I have this diehard belief that my Chiefs will win, regardless of common sense at times will always pick them, haha. One time, and one time only...I allowed my common sense to overcome my loyalty...didn't pick the Chiefs. I can't remember who they played, but the opposing team was like 99% favored. Sure enough, the Chiefs won!! Learned my lesson well, as I ended up that year losing the Championship by one point, hahaha.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 08-04-2010 at 03:42 AM.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    This is going to be fun!!!

    Who else has joined?
    YEEHAW!! As far as I know, those in this thread who have said they joined of course, and think there's at least a couple others who joined but didn't mention it in this thread. Unless they use the same or similar names...I'm not sure who they are, haha.

    I've not checked in a day or so, but you should be able to see all the names on our league overview page I think it is. :)

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    to bad ill prob finish in las place! Aussie will prob finish ahead of me! lol

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    to bad ill prob finish in las place! Aussie will prob finish ahead of me! lol
    I have a hunch, that Aussie will do his homework on teams weekly stats & injuries prior to picking, he's very articulate & thorough when it comes to anything football related, haha.

    To make it more interesting...I've decided to offer my homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge as prizes, complete with my custom designed Chiefs labels! hahaha. Prizes will be as follows:

    1st place aka Champion - 6 blocks of fudge
    2nd place - 4 blocks of fudge
    3rd place - 2 blocks of fudge

    It will be made & mailed fresh, but freezes well for about a month or two if kept sealed air tight. A block is about 7" x 4" x 1" thick. :)
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 08-05-2010 at 09:25 PM.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pearland, Texas
    Posts
    2,872
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I have a hunch, that Aussie will do his homework on teams weekly stats & injuries prior to picking, he's very articulate & through when it comes to anything football related, haha.

    To make it more interesting...I've decided to offer my homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge as prizes, complete with my custom designed Chiefs labels! hahaha. Prizes will be as follows:

    1st place aka Champion - 6 blocks of fudge
    2nd place - 4 blocks of fudge
    3rd place - 2 blocks of fudge

    It will be made & mailed fresh, but freezes well for about a month or two if kept sealed air tight. A block is about 7" x 4" x 1" thick. :)
    Watch out guys, I'm gonna win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

    Resident Celebrity

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. God Created Runningbacks
    By YZILLA in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 05:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •