Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: chiefs-packers

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default chiefs-packers


    0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys im going to the chiefs packers preseason game, im a life long packer fan and would just like to get a little advice from all of you. Were staying at harrahs for the nite. Where are some great places to eat? Ive been at many games at lambeau and if your the opposing team fan its easy to get autographs if you set by the opposing teams tunnel (is this the same case here?) Do both teams run out of the same tunnel? I was thinking bout trying to get sum seats row 1 behind the packer bench or is their a better place to sit to get great pictures and see the players close up. What hotel do opposing teams stay at? Is it easy to catch them getting off the bus or anything. Im just looking for a way to make my trip a little more memorable any help would be greatly appreciated ive been to arrowhead for numerous games great place to watch football.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Not trying to be contrary here, and I really am asking this earnestly because I'm not quite sure I understand why you inquire of these things seeing how you have been in attendance to many games at Arrowhead already, but should you not already know these things?


  3. #3
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pearland, Texas
    Posts
    2,872
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Not trying to be contrary here, and I really am asking this earnestly because I'm not quite sure I understand why you inquire of these things seeing how you have been in attendance to many games at Arrowhead already, but should you not already know these things?
    He said he has been to many games at Lambeau, and the way I understand what he wrote was that he is wondering where is a good place to sit if you're an away team fan? I'm not sure. But anyway... I'll try and answer some of these questions.. I will always suggest checking out Gates BBQ which is my personal favorite. Arthur Bryant's is really good and I have heard the same for Oklahoma Joe's. When it comes to getting taking pictures at the stadium.. every time I have been to Arrowhead I have always sat in the upper deck and I always get good pictures, I guess it all depends on the zoom and the focus of your camera. There is only one tunnel at Arrowhead, but I believe there are stairs on the Chiefs sidelines but those are only for the team? Hopefully I answered a couple of your questions correctly. If you're coming to KC for your first time enjoy it, Arrowhead is Heaven on Earth.

    Resident Celebrity

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    He said he has been to many games at Lambeau, and the way I understand what he wrote was that he is wondering where is a good place to sit if you're an away team fan? I'm not sure. But anyway... I'll try and answer some of these questions.. I will always suggest checking out Gates BBQ which is my personal favorite. Arthur Bryant's is really good and I have heard the same for Oklahoma Joe's. When it comes to getting taking pictures at the stadium.. every time I have been to Arrowhead I have always sat in the upper deck and I always get good pictures, I guess it all depends on the zoom and the focus of your camera. There is only one tunnel at Arrowhead, but I believe there are stairs on the Chiefs sidelines but those are only for the team? Hopefully I answered a couple of your questions correctly. If you're coming to KC for your first time enjoy it, Arrowhead is Heaven on Earth.
    Really? I guess I'm just confused; not hard for a guy as old as I.


    Quote Originally Posted by mickkucera View Post
    Hey guys im going to the chiefs packers preseason game, im a life long packer fan and would just like to get a little advice from all of you. Were staying at harrahs for the nite. Where are some great places to eat? Ive been at many games at lambeau and if your the opposing team fan its easy to get autographs if you set by the opposing teams tunnel (is this the same case here?) Do both teams run out of the same tunnel? I was thinking bout trying to get sum seats row 1 behind the packer bench or is their a better place to sit to get great pictures and see the players close up. What hotel do opposing teams stay at? Is it easy to catch them getting off the bus or anything. Im just looking for a way to make my trip a little more memorable any help would be greatly appreciated ive been to arrowhead for numerous games great place to watch football.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 08-02-2010 at 01:04 AM.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pearland, Texas
    Posts
    2,872
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Oooops! I misread it too. Hahaha.. I was wrong. Sorry about that.

    I should probably stop skimming these longs posts.

    Resident Celebrity

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Oooops! I misread it too. Hahaha.. I was wrong. Sorry about that.

    I should probably stop skimming these longs posts.


    It's no big deal buddy, I was really just curious and confused about the original post.

    I say help the poor soul out as much as ya can.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    673
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Mainly just BBQ places here like Arthur Bryant's (been there once. For some reason I got brisket and I hate brisket. The weirdest sauce I have ever tasted but I liked it), KC Masterpiece (never been there but do not like the sauce that they sell), Gates (Never been there), Oklahoma Joe's (The President recently went there even although I myself don't care for the sauce(too thick)), Johnny's BBQ (been there once but loved it(great sauce and meat)). There are a ton more places I haven't mentioned.

    Now for non BBQ places...umm I can't say. There are some places down at the plaza that I hear are good though.
    It starts with the Offensive line

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    235
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Since you like cheese so much being a Packer fan, try the Melting Pot on the plaza. Its a fondue restaurant and rediculously good.
    Resident Ambassador!

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    404
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mickkucera View Post
    Hey guys im going to the chiefs packers preseason game, im a life long packer fan and would just like to get a little advice from all of you. Were staying at harrahs for the nite. Where are some great places to eat? Ive been at many games at lambeau and if your the opposing team fan its easy to get autographs if you set by the opposing teams tunnel (is this the same case here?) Do both teams run out of the same tunnel? I was thinking bout trying to get sum seats row 1 behind the packer bench or is their a better place to sit to get great pictures and see the players close up. What hotel do opposing teams stay at? Is it easy to catch them getting off the bus or anything. Im just looking for a way to make my trip a little more memorable any help would be greatly appreciated ive been to arrowhead for numerous games great place to watch football.
    Gates has been in decline, in my opinion. the sauce is the best in town, and the dry rub is excellent. I would look into buying some at the grocery store.

    smoking guns BBQ isn't as much of a "hometown" favorite, but it is EASILY the most decorated BBQ place. They won the Jack Daniels world championship - basically they were first place in the world. It's the top prize. They're LEGIT.

    Arthur Bryant's has the best pulled pork sandwich I've ever had. They don't do a traditional Carolina vinegar sauce (why would they?!) but their sweet sauce mixed with the hot is amazing on it.

    I mean...AMAZING.

    Everyone raves about oklahoma joes, and it's good, but Bryant's is better. The pork has a better smoke flavor, in my opinion.

    there's also RJ's Bob-be-Cue in mission, but Arthur Bryant's is still the Kansas City standard.

    for a nicer restaurant, try Jack Stack's in Overland Park. it is not really "upscale" but definitely a nicer, sit-down-with-a-waiter restaurant. It's tablecloth barbecue. Try the Denver Lamb ribs - they have a layer of fat that doesn't exist on beef or pork. Also, the Crown Prime Rib is 3 beef ribs with 2 inches of meat on the bone. It's RIDICULOUS.

    in terms of the actual game - there is always tailgating and barbecue in the parking lot. Bring beers - Boulevard is the local brew, and should be flush.

    I'm an unfiltered wheat fan, but the pale ale is also highly touted.

    Just don't drink coors light, okay? the only part of the rockies I need to taste is the salty tears of defeat after we stomp the broncos.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Gates has been in decline, in my opinion. the sauce is the best in town, and the dry rub is excellent. I would look into buying some at the grocery store.

    smoking guns BBQ isn't as much of a "hometown" favorite, but it is EASILY the most decorated BBQ place. They won the Jack Daniels world championship - basically they were first place in the world. It's the top prize. They're LEGIT.

    Arthur Bryant's has the best pulled pork sandwich I've ever had. They don't do a traditional Carolina vinegar sauce (why would they?!) but their sweet sauce mixed with the hot is amazing on it.

    I mean...AMAZING.

    Everyone raves about oklahoma joes, and it's good, but Bryant's is better. The pork has a better smoke flavor, in my opinion.

    there's also RJ's Bob-be-Cue in mission, but Arthur Bryant's is still the Kansas City standard.

    for a nicer restaurant, try Jack Stack's in Overland Park. it is not really "upscale" but definitely a nicer, sit-down-with-a-waiter restaurant. It's tablecloth barbecue. Try the Denver Lamb ribs - they have a layer of fat that doesn't exist on beef or pork. Also, the Crown Prime Rib is 3 beef ribs with 2 inches of meat on the bone. It's RIDICULOUS.

    in terms of the actual game - there is always tailgating and barbecue in the parking lot. Bring beers - Boulevard is the local brew, and should be flush.

    I'm an unfiltered wheat fan, but the pale ale is also highly touted.

    Just don't drink coors light, okay? the only part of the rockies I need to taste is the salty tears of defeat after we stomp the broncos.
    HA! Nice!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chiefs vs. Packers Game Thread
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 08:01 PM
  2. Chiefs/Packers Game Tailgate?
    By luv in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM
  3. Chiefs and Packers on paper
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 05:17 PM
  4. Packers at Chiefs
    By luv in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 07:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •