Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chiefs-packers

Default chiefs-packers

Hey guys im going to the chiefs packers preseason game, im a life long packer fan and would just like to get a little advice from all of you. Were staying at harrahs for the nite. Where are some great places to eat? Ive been at many games at lambeau and if your the opposing team fan its easy to get autographs if you set by the opposing teams tunnel (is this the same case here?) Do both teams run out of the same tunnel? I was thinking bout trying to get sum seats row 1 behind the packer bench or is their a better place to sit to get great pictures and see the players close up. What hotel do opposing teams stay at? Is it easy to catch them getting off the bus or anything. Im just looking for a way to make my trip a little more memorable any help would be greatly appreciated ive been to arrowhead for numerous games great place to watch football.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Gates has been in decline, in my opinion. the sauce is the best in town, and the dry rub is excellent. I would look into buying some at the grocery store.

smoking guns BBQ isn't as much of a "hometown" favorite, but it is EASILY the most decorated BBQ place. They won the Jack Daniels world championship - basically they were first place in the world. It's the top prize. They're LEGIT.

Arthur Bryant's has the best pulled pork sandwich I've ever had. They don't do a traditional Carolina vinegar sauce (why would they?!) but their sweet sauce mixed with the hot is amazing on it.

I mean...AMAZING.

Everyone raves about oklahoma joes, and it's good, but Bryant's is better. The pork has a better smoke flavor, in my opinion.

there's also RJ's Bob-be-Cue in mission, but Arthur Bryant's is still the Kansas City standard.

for a nicer restaurant, try Jack Stack's in Overland Park. it is not really "upscale" but definitely a nicer, sit-down-with-a-waiter restaurant. It's tablecloth barbecue. Try the Denver Lamb ribs - they have a layer of fat that doesn't exist on beef or pork. Also, the Crown Prime Rib is 3 beef ribs with 2 inches of meat on the bone. It's RIDICULOUS.

in terms of the actual game - there is always tailgating and barbecue in the parking lot. Bring beers - Boulevard is the local brew, and should be flush.

I'm an unfiltered wheat fan, but the pale ale is also highly touted.

Just don't drink coors light, okay? the only part of the rockies I need to taste is the salty tears of defeat after we stomp the broncos.
    Hey!!!! Coors light is made from the fresh cold water in the Rookies! It comes from a higher place, water before defiled, from donkies!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 08-06-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Gates has been in decline, in my opinion. the sauce is the best in town, and the dry rub is excellent. I would look into buying some at the grocery store.

smoking guns BBQ isn't as much of a "hometown" favorite, but it is EASILY the most decorated BBQ place. They won the Jack Daniels world championship - basically they were first place in the world. It's the top prize. They're LEGIT.

Arthur Bryant's has the best pulled pork sandwich I've ever had. They don't do a traditional Carolina vinegar sauce (why would they?!) but their sweet sauce mixed with the hot is amazing on it.

I mean...AMAZING.

Everyone raves about oklahoma joes, and it's good, but Bryant's is better. The pork has a better smoke flavor, in my opinion.

there's also RJ's Bob-be-Cue in mission, but Arthur Bryant's is still the Kansas City standard.

for a nicer restaurant, try Jack Stack's in Overland Park. it is not really "upscale" but definitely a nicer, sit-down-with-a-waiter restaurant. It's tablecloth barbecue. Try the Denver Lamb ribs - they have a layer of fat that doesn't exist on beef or pork. Also, the Crown Prime Rib is 3 beef ribs with 2 inches of meat on the bone. It's RIDICULOUS.

in terms of the actual game - there is always tailgating and barbecue in the parking lot. Bring beers - Boulevard is the local brew, and should be flush.

I'm an unfiltered wheat fan, but the pale ale is also highly touted.

Just don't drink coors light, okay? the only part of the rockies I need to taste is the salty tears of defeat after we stomp the broncos.
    REP! Excellent review! Especially the last sentence, hahahaha!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Hey!!!! Coors light is made from water!! It tastes like, water defiled by donkies!
    FYP!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Just ate Arthur Bryant's pulled pork sandwich....BEST PULLED PORK SANDWICH EVER! The meat was just PERFECT!! It is absolutely fantastic. Best BBQ I have ever had!!! GO THERE NOW!!!
    It starts with the Offensive line

Moral of the story...........BBQ GOOD!!!!!
    Coors lite BAD!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Moral of the story...........BBQ GOOD!!!!!
    Coors lite BAD!!!!!!!
    I have never read a truer post!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12