Thread: Almost 11,000 fans at Training Camp today!!!

Default Almost 11,000 fans at Training Camp today!!!

I'm not so sure that's completely a good thing...it set a Missouri Western stadium attendance record. Based upon my visit to camp last Sunday...I didn't see that many restroom facilities, concessions were limited as well. Maybe they increased due to today being 'Family Fun Day' and having a scrimmage.

I wonder too if parking was an issue, traffic in/out?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I also read they reduced the $10 premium close parking to $5, cause most people weren't willing to pay the $10, since camp began they said the $10 parking areas remain mostly empty. I've read many comments also, complaining about the cost of concessions, $3 for a bottle of water. This time of year with the heat & humidity, fluids are a necessity, and you're not allowed to bring any in of course. The cups they serve soda pop out of are small as well, can't buy a large...likely couldn't afford a large anyway...more than once, lol.

This is the first year, hopefully they'll adjust for fans needs more. Many are also complaining about the majority of the parking being so far from the stadium, 1/2 mile to a mile walk...depending on which lot. Leaving the stadium the walk back is mostly uphill...also not good in heat & humidity for many.

Added note edit: This isn't me complaining, it's comments I'm reading from fans here & there on websites who attended.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 08-07-2010 at 06:17 PM.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

With all the fans there, you'd think some of the Crowd would show up and give us a report on how the guys are looking!

I heard McCluster had a rough day on special teams. Luckily, I never envisioned him as the returner.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    With all the fans there, you'd think some of the Crowd would show up and give us a report on how the guys are looking!

I heard McCluster had a rough day on special teams. Luckily, I never envisioned him as the returner.
    You'd think! haha

I was there last Sunday, posted some pics and notes in the picture forum. I'm going again Monday morning, and will report back, haha. I read on AP's Facebook, the defense dominated the scrimmage today! Not sure if that's good or bad, but I'd say good more than bad, haha.

I'd say it's a good thing. Our defense has been horrid past couple years and I'll take that as an improvement considering how Bowe and McCluster has been reported as being something special and considering who is in our backfield. With all I've read on Berry I say our defense is no laughing joke now.

Does this mean our offense is lackluster? No, could be our defense is just that good. Or the opposite could be true.

Only way to know is to see how our starters do in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Avalon View Post
    I'd say it's a good thing. Our defense has been horrid past couple years and I'll take that as an improvement considering how Bowe and McCluster has been reported as being something special and considering who is in our backfield. With all I've read on Berry I say our defense is no laughing joke now.

Does this mean our offense is lackluster? No, could be our defense is just that good. Or the opposite could be true.

Only way to know is to see how our starters do in the preseason.
    I heard McCluster didn't get the ball any, which may be why the defense did much better!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I also read they reduced the $10 premium close parking to $5, cause most people weren't willing to pay the $10, since camp began they said the $10 parking areas remain mostly empty. I've read many comments also, complaining about the cost of concessions, $3 for a bottle of water. This time of year with the heat & humidity, fluids are a necessity, and you're not allowed to bring any in of course. The cups they serve soda pop out of are small as well, can't buy a large...likely couldn't afford a large anyway...more than once, lol.

This is the first year, hopefully they'll adjust for fans needs more. Many are also complaining about the majority of the parking being so far from the stadium, 1/2 mile to a mile walk...depending on which lot. Leaving the stadium the walk back is mostly uphill...also not good in heat & humidity for many.

Added note edit: This isn't me complaining, it's comments I'm reading from fans here & there on websites who attended.
    Whoa, whoa! Wait a minute, you go to other websites? j/k

Eric Berry's pick was thrilling, and Derrick Johnson, Gillberry, Bowe, Arenas, O'Connell,K Lewis, and Moeaki all had a great scrimmage. Thomas Jones and JC lined up together and don't be surprised if Kendrick Lewis and Eric Berry are your starting safeties for Monday Night Football!
    (Eric Berry signed my Berry Jersey!)
    Hyvee was not equipped to handle the crowd whatsoever. It took 40 minutes to get three hamburgers and they ran out of hot dogs and only had hot water.
    Other than that, it was great to see the team.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    Eric Berry's pick was thrilling, and Derrick Johnson, Gillberry, Bowe, Arenas, O'Connell,K Lewis, and Moeaki all had a great scrimmage. Thomas Jones and JC lined up together and don't be surprised if Kendrick Lewis and Eric Berry are your starting safeties for Monday Night Football!
    (Eric Berry signed my Berry Jersey!)
    Hyvee was not equipped to handle the crowd whatsoever. It took 40 minutes to get three hamburgers and they ran out of hot dogs and only had hot water.
    Other than that, it was great to see the team.

worthless without pics of jersey and scrimmaghe.