Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caffiene headaches! :(

Default Caffiene headaches! :(

I rarely get frequent headaches, but the last couple of weeks have had really bad ones most daily.

I've never been a coffee drinker, had maybe two cups in my entire life, and that was in my late teens. I do however, drink Diet Dr. Pepper...it's my coffee...from the time I get up until bedtime. Well, the last couple weeks I've been drinking mostly water. I read someone talking about caffiene withdrawal related headaches...assume it's true? All I know is...my headaches began when I started drinking water instead of Diet Dr Pepper. :(

I've also been more tired the last couple weeks, lacking energy, which I don't like being this tired. I fell asleep tonight around 9:30...then woke around 1 AM...which is closer to the time I normally go to sleep, not wake up! I also woke with a bad headache again! UGH! I need my Diet Dr. Pepper, seems it's healthier for 'me' than water, lol.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

My husband will back you up on the caffiene headache all the way!! During working hours, he drinks coffee nonstop. On his days off, sometimes he won't have any....or maybe just a cup...with in an hour or two of waking up he will get an extreme headache. Through trial and error, he's found that if he has some coffee it'll go away, just like that! Strange I know. :) Hope you start feeling better soon!!
    **ChiefsChick**

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

With me working the 5pm-5am I drink alot of coffee! I wake up around 1pm and leave the house around 4pm to head to work. Between 1 and 4 I usually drink about a half a pot of coffee and take the rest with me in a insulated cup along with a thermos of another pot for work. I usually start drinking water by 6pm at work since its usually 90 to 95 degrees in the plant even though its air conditioned. If I am not drinking coffee again by 2-3 am I will start to get a headache and will continue till I get atleast a cup or 2 in me! On my days off, if I dont have a cup within an hour or so of waking up I will start to get them again. I work odd hours on a odd shift throughout the week. Sometimes on my first day off (Sunday) I might not wakt up till 9 or 10 pm. It used to seem weird for me to drink coffee that late at night although not anymore. Then, it also seemed weird for me to drink beer at 6 am also but that is considered my night time rather than morning!

I have one right now, my coffee maker is broke
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

They do sell them at stores Canada! Just probably not the Beer Store. :)
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    They do sell them at stores Canada! Just probably not the Beer Store. :)
    I just woke up and found out that it isnt working. And why would I shop anywhere but the beer store?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I just woke up and found out that it isnt working. And why would I shop anywhere but the beer store?

um....I'm not sure. That really IS good question.
    **ChiefsChick**

Yeah, a couple nurse friends have confirmed you will get headaches for quite some time after eliminating caffiene from the diet. All I know is, I felt much healthier & more energetic before not drinking pop & switching to water.

I'm not a big water person anyway...just doesn't taste good, I have to make myself drink it. I don't even like the bottled waters.

Anyway, I have enough so called headaches to deal with in life right now, sure as heck don't need the literal ones...so I'm back to drinking my Diet Dr. Pepper! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I have friends back in McLouth

1 I will be back ther in a couple weeks! We "copuld" make a visit to your ex just for fun! I know my guys would love the experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Yeah, a couple nurse friends have confirmed you will get headaches for quite some time after eliminating caffiene from the diet. All I know is, I felt much healthier & more energetic before not drinking pop & switching to water.

I'm not a big water person anyway...just doesn't taste good, I have to make myself drink it. I don't even like the bottled waters.

Anyway, I have enough so called headaches to deal with in life right now, sure as heck don't need the literal ones...so I'm back to drinking my Diet Dr. Pepper! :)
    Slowly ween yourself off of it, you cannot stop cold turkey unless you can deal with the headaches. I too have been drinking Diet Coke for years, a lot of it and I tried recently to stop cold turkey. I could not do it.

So I have started weening myself off of it and so far it is working. I have a glass in the morning, one at lunch and one at dinner right now and while I had headaches for a couple of weeks off and on, overall it has been working.

I am just about to eliminate the glass at lunch and dinner now and replace them with tea. Slowly I will remove the tea and go with something else. I too do not like the taste of water though, so I have to go with lemonade or something like that.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast