Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cassel is the key

Default cassel is the key

alot of us have expectations of this years team to be alot better than last years.and i think the chiefs have made huge strides in upgrading there team and coaches.but it is all going to come down to how well matt cassell can perform imo.
    listening to collin cowherd this morning he picked the chiefs as a lock to win more games than four saying they could double there wins from last year.and he also stated that he loved the direction the chiefs are heading in i agree. with improvements to the o-line,wr,db's running game and the coaching staff.it is crucial for matt to step it up this year if not it is time to start looking for his replacement

My favorite player on this team is Matt Cassel. He's a fighter and a winner.

As already mentioned, he was up against insurmountable odds last year and still won more games than Thigpen did 2008.

I have very high expectations for Cassel in 2010 and I look forward to him silencing the critics.

Cassel will be just fine.

Enough with the negative waves! No one can go "CRAP" about last year.

There are no more whiners, cry babies or slackers on this team, have faith in the new Chiefs.

Hermy had the team totally torn down and played Russian rue-let with the QB's. It was lucky enough any of them weren't killed with his failed time as HC.

Cassel is a stud and you can take it to the bank if he cant cut it, Brody will take it from there!

I really think we are going to see Cassel be a break out star. If not because he has the talent to do it then theres one thing that i no that Weis can do and thats put points on the ball through the air. Maybe some will say i am being to postive but its what I think and hope will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    My favorite player on this team is Matt Cassel. He's a fighter and a winner.

As already mentioned, he was up against insurmountable odds last year and still won more games than Thigpen did 2008.

I have very high expectations for Cassel in 2010 and I look forward to him silencing the critics.

You got it my friend. Cassel is one of my favorite players as well. I root for him because of his dedication and work ethic. And so true, I am so sick of people dogging him his first year against impossible odds. Again, Haley took over the offense week one, so all the work Cassel had done in training camp was a moot point and had to start from scratch. Don't look at how many times Cassel was sacked, (which is huge) but look at how many times he was hit after the pass as well. That hurts. And he got up again and again. Not to mention we lead the league in dropped passes! Now is Cassel as talented as Peyton Manning? No. Can he go out and single handedly win a game? Probably not. But he isn't called upon to do that either. Trent Dilfer has a super bowl ring, and I would take Cassel over Dilfer any day of the week and twice on Sunday. SO------

Why all the hate?
    I love the fair weather fan. Any of you remember Trent Green? Who went to the Pro Bowl?
    Who we brought in to be "the man" here in KC? Remember his first year here? He was dreadful. DREADFUL! 15 TD's and 24 INT. WAY worse than Cassel. But then suddenly he gets some help...Priest (J Charles) and Dante (Dexter) and after a year under his belt, he leads one of the great offenses of all time. We were one defensive stop from the AFC Championship.

Cassel will be great. And we will laugh at those who post future threads about how good he is doing, how they were wrong all along.

Chiefs.
    Last edited by KCINNYC; 08-04-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Resident Ambassador!

Great post!

This is Cassel's season, He is or is not, I am not yet sold on him, to me many of his passes, where not on target last season, to low, knocked down. He must prove more to me this season. Brodie, well I like Brodie's potential, but when brokie all the time, not so much. I am probably one of few, if any, who still thinks Thig, should still be a Chief.
    But the job is Cassel's, Now this season, he needs to earn his salary!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    But the job is Cassel's, Now this season, he needs to earn his salary!
    Agreed. It's time for him to step this year.

What we need is for Cassel to play like this for the next 10 years.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9X40jotOQ4"]YouTube- ‪Trent Green Highlight Film‬‎[/ame]

Resident Celebrity

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast