Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: how much?

Default how much?

i just wonder how much the nfl, opposing teams and herm's buddies pay him to lose these games. as far as that goes, how does the team continue to get up for games when the coach constantly makes decisions that kill any chance for wins. let's put in trent green last year in the playoff game, lose to my buddy tony, going to chicago, lose to my buddy lovie, who's his buddy next week? this week it was, "hey, let's kick it a half dozen times to hester". it just seems like we need a coach that gets pissed off. i'm already tired of the stoic coach routine. give me someone who throws a water cooler or a helmet on the sideline. show some emotion, and quit trying to win games 2-0. i really think that as much as dick v hated defense, herm hates offense. i want my 30 pt a game offense back. 30 wins going away today.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

try how much has the league payed the hunts for keeping queen carl?
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

i remember those days.

we had one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. hey we was either at the top spot or in second.

but we didn't have a defense back in those days.

and now 3-5 years later

the scripts have switched.

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post

i remember those days.

we had one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. hey we was either at the top spot or in second.

but we didn't have a defense back in those days.

and now 3-5 years later

the scripts have switched.

I love Dick Vermiel. He was an offensive genious. He never had a defense, but it was not for a failure to try and improve the D. If you look at his first day draft picks, he clearly knew that he needed some defensive help and was trying to get talent for his D. I wish Dickie would step in for a couple of seasons as an offensive coordinator and teach Herm what offense is all about. Herm believes that an offense is supposed to help his defense look good.

Anyway, that's just a crazy pipe dream. I do miss watching the Chiefs score some points though.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I love Dick Vermiel. He was an offensive genious. He never had a defense, but it was not for a failure to try and improve the D. If you look at his first day draft picks, he clearly knew that he needed some defensive help and was trying to get talent for his D. I wish Dickie would step in for a couple of seasons as an offensive coordinator and teach Herm what offense is all about. Herm believes that an offense is supposed to help his defense look good.

Anyway, that's just a crazy pipe dream. I do miss watching the Chiefs score some points though.
    Yeah but it is a sweet thought none-the-less. At least DV didn't even try to mess with the defense; he left that up to his DC. The only thing worse then Solari trying to run the offense is Herm trying to.

just a question..

i dont really know much about the assistant coaches.

but was mike solari brought in with herm edwards? or was he already in the system?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would so love to see this team play conistently on both sides of the ball. What good is a good defense if your ofense isn't geting the job done? Same for the flipside. What good is a god offense if your defense can't keep the other team from scoring as well?
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    just a question..

i dont really know much about the assistant coaches.

but was mike solari brought in with herm edwards? or was he already in the system?

He was, I think, the Offensive line coach in the DV era.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

AMAN OH YES I MISS THoSE DAYS OF TRENT GREEN, HALL, GONZALEZ and THE PRIEST!!!!!!!!! OWNING EVERYBODY.

I miss going 13-3 (and then going to Chiefs stadium to watch em lose first round to the Colts :( )

but yes, those are the days I long for. We will never be the offensive powerhouse, 4 quarters of entertainment team that we once were. I just hope the team can turn it around and at least provide some playoffs hope. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I would so love to see this team play conistently on both sides of the ball. What good is a good defense if your ofense isn't geting the job done? Same for the flipside. What good is a god offense if your defense can't keep the other team from scoring as well?
    This has been the dilemma haunting the Chiefs and us fans for decades.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast