Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Herm

Default Dear Herm

Dear Herm

Good Afternoon. Just wanted to drop you a little note to make a suggestion. If you do not want to play offense in the NFL perhaps you should talk to Mr. Godell about leaving the defense on the field so we can increase our chances of getting a defensive TD. I know 7 points seems like a lot to get all at once, but you will get used to it. If LJ is not making any yards up the middle you may try throwing the forward pass. The forward pass is when the player at the QB position launches the ball down the field towards the end zone (this is a legal play even if it goes more than one yard) When defenders are forced to protect the run AND the pass you may find that it opens things up a little bit. Playing offense in the NFL is allowed (not just in Arena football) I know that you find those little W's elusive, but if you try a few more passes then you just may find that one might pop up in your record. And for the record when it is 3rd and 9, the objective is to get 9 yards, not 3. Punting does not score points. In conclusion, if things do not change next weekend against the Viqueens I will not be writing a letter, I will find you in the parking lot and we will have a new coach against SD.

Sincerely
    Canada
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Our play calling is a joke!! I don't know if Solari actually calls the plays or Herm tells him what to call. That was the worst excuse for a game plan I have seen in my life.

We never went down field once in the first half. 3rd & nine and we run. 3rd & two, we pass. Someone explin the methodology used here.

I'm sure we will hear from all the Damon Haters now. Brody played pretty well, but I hope we realize the Bears were playing a bit softer since they knew we were desperate.

I saw some things I liked but our play calling is crap and it doesn't matter who is in at QB with morons calling a game like that!!
    ZONA

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

the offense is tanked this year. put in Brodie yes brodie, huard, mr dock down on the rush,throw a pass to the back. Brodie cant learn form the bench and this offense isnt going anywhere with haurd.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Huards problem isn't with the play-calling, It's with the overall attitude of use the offense to make our defense look good. Huard is so scared to throw the ball down the field, because it could cost him his job.

I thought it was almost a good thing that we fell behind by fourteen early. That meant that we were guaranteed to see the offense open up a bit. Which we did.

Sammie Parker is a ***** !!!!!! He should have had that touchdown, but decided he didn't need to go after the football and waited for it to fall to him. He should have gone after it.

Devin Hester is an excellent return guy, but our special teams should have had him on his second and third long returns. We need to work on open-field tackling. Defense and special teams.

Bernard Pollard didn't look comfortable and Page needs to learn to tackle...still.

Welbourne continued his failures in pass-protection, for a second week. Making Turley look bad, again. Turley already has a problem with a "bull-rush". He doesn't need to be covering Welbournes a55.

Refs need training. I was flabbergasted when the Bears were finally called for a penalty. In the refs' defense, the Chiefs need dicipline, but there was another offensive pass-interference call, away from the ball. Of course there was no replay...again.

The defense played tough, for the most part. I'll be glad to have Jared Allen back, next week.

I didn't have a huge problem with Huards paly, aside from the fact that he was, as Herm liks it, too conservative. The interception should be pinned on Parker.

I am always dissapointed when the Chiefs lose, but I still like what we have. I don't think that Croyle should, nor will, start, unless Huard is injured. I never expected to win either of our first two games, so I am not, as many are, in psycho-panic-mode. I think that we will beat the Vikings and do it convincingly. Then we will have to go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Huards problem isn't with the play-calling, It's with the overall attitude of use the offense to make our defense look good. Huard is so scared to throw the ball down the field, because it could cost him his job.

I thought it was almost a good thing that we fell behind by fourteen early. That meant that we were guaranteed to see the offense open up a bit. Which we did.

Sammie Parker is a ***** !!!!!! He should have had that touchdown, but decided he didn't need to go after the football and waited for it to fall to him. He should have gone after it.

Devin Hester is an excellent return guy, but our special teams should have had him on his second and third long returns. We need to work on open-field tackling. Defense and special teams.

Bernard Pollard didn't look comfortable and Page needs to learn to tackle...still.

Welbourne continued his failures in pass-protection, for a second week. Making Turley look bad, again. Turley already has a problem with a "bull-rush". He doesn't need to be covering Welbournes a55.

Refs need training. I was flabbergasted when the Bears were finally called for a penalty. In the refs' defense, the Chiefs need dicipline, but there was another offensive pass-interference call, away from the ball. Of course there was no replay...again.

The defense played tough, for the most part. I'll be glad to have Jared Allen back, next week.

I didn't have a huge problem with Huards paly, aside from the fact that he was, as Herm liks it, too conservative. The interception should be pinned on Parker.

I am always dissapointed when the Chiefs lose, but I still like what we have. I don't think that Croyle should, nor will, start, unless Huard is injured. I never expected to win either of our first two games, so I am not, as many are, in psycho-panic-mode. I think that we will beat the Vikings and do it convincingly. Then we will have to go from there.
    The ball was tipped on that play as well. Should have been no call.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I knew Herm Edwards was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE coach LAST YEAR. His terrible playcalliing can be traced back to last year's playoff game that we did not deserve to be in anyways.

Yes, we knew from the start we would lose to the Colts.

BUT....here is an example of Edward's playcalling. LARRY JOHNSON RAN EVERY SINGLE FIRST DOWN. We NEVER passed once on first down to mix it up. The defense of the Colts, which was struggling at that point in the season, KNEW 100% that Johnson was going to run on first down. I was cursing herm out in the 1st quarter because I saw it then.

Of course, I was ready at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to see adjustments. TO MY SURPRISE...JOHNSON STILL RUNNING EVERY SINGLE 1st down. 3 and out every possesion. AAAAHHHHHH

I am not a hardcore racist....just a realist. Dungee is a coach cause he is a GREAT COACH. Edwards is an NFL coach cause he is black, not because he earned it. That is why teams hire him.

Ok......as far as this season goes....we have a team that can go .500+ if we do things right. The BIGGEST KEY is announcing that next game Brody will be the starting quarterback. Brody will be able to open up the offense and keep the other team's defenses guessing, making it easier to utilize tony gonzalez, and also opening up space for Larry Johnson to do what he does best, bulldozing his way through space.

This is the only solution. It will work too. We actually have a good enough offense to survive with a winning record. The chiefs worse player on the team is not a player, it is the coach, herm. There is still a small small small chance that we can squeeze into the playoffs if we are playing behind brody.

PLEASE CHIEFS ORGANIZATION I BEG OF YOU TO PUT BRODY IN THE STARTING LINE UP!

We will not be above .500 with huard as starting quarterback, that is a promise. Huard can guide a GREAT offense to wins, but he is not talented enough to guide a mediocre offense to wins. He just isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    I knew Herm Edwards was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE coach LAST YEAR. His terrible playcalliing can be traced back to last year's playoff game that we did not deserve to be in anyways.

Yes, we knew from the start we would lose to the Colts.

BUT....here is an example of Edward's playcalling. LARRY JOHNSON RAN EVERY SINGLE FIRST DOWN. We NEVER passed once on first down to mix it up. The defense of the Colts, which was struggling at that point in the season, KNEW 100% that Johnson was going to run on first down. I was cursing herm out in the 1st quarter because I saw it then.

Of course, I was ready at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to see adjustments. TO MY SURPRISE...JOHNSON STILL RUNNING EVERY SINGLE 1st down. 3 and out every possesion. AAAAHHHHHH

I am not a hardcore racist....just a realist. Dungee is a coach cause he is a GREAT COACH. Edwards is an NFL coach cause he is black, not because he earned it. That is why teams hire him.

Ok......as far as this season goes....we have a team that can go .500+ if we do things right. The BIGGEST KEY is announcing that next game Brody will be the starting quarterback. Brody will be able to open up the offense and keep the other team's defenses guessing, making it easier to utilize tony gonzalez, and also opening up space for Larry Johnson to do what he does best, bulldozing his way through space.

This is the only solution. It will work too. We actually have a good enough offense to survive with a winning record. The chiefs worse player on the team is not a player, it is the coach, herm. There is still a small small small chance that we can squeeze into the playoffs if we are playing behind brody.

PLEASE CHIEFS ORGANIZATION I BEG OF YOU TO PUT BRODY IN THE STARTING LINE UP!

We will not be above .500 with huard as starting quarterback, that is a promise. Huard can guide a GREAT offense to wins, but he is not talented enough to guide a mediocre offense to wins. He just isn't.
    What 9-7 team deserved to be in the playoffs instead of us??

Do you ever single out a white coach who is bad because there are a lot of them out there. Bad coaches get hired in the NFL my friend. (Norv Turner)

And I don't know if u noticed or not, but Huard is guiding the same offense as last year minus 1 player

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Dear Herm

Good Afternoon. Just wanted to drop you a little note to make a suggestion. If you do not want to play offense in the NFL perhaps you should talk to Mr. Godell about leaving the defense on the field so we can increase our chances of getting a defensive TD. I know 7 points seems like a lot to get all at once, but you will get used to it. If LJ is not making any yards up the middle you may try throwing the forward pass. The forward pass is when the player at the QB position launches the ball down the field towards the end zone (this is a legal play even if it goes more than one yard) When defenders are forced to protect the run AND the pass you may find that it opens things up a little bit. Playing offense in the NFL is allowed (not just in Arena football) I know that you find those little W's elusive, but if you try a few more passes then you just may find that one might pop up in your record. And for the record when it is 3rd and 9, the objective is to get 9 yards, not 3. Punting does not score points. In conclusion, if things do not change next weekend against the Viqueens I will not be writing a letter, I will find you in the parking lot and we will have a new coach against SD.

Sincerely
    Canada

Dear Canada,

This offense thing you speak of is intriguing indeed. I have just a few questions to ask if it is not too much trouble.
    First, we have a position on this team known as a "QB"; could you expound please? This "QB" throws what is known as a "forward pass"; could you further define? And, lastly: what is the "W" you speak of; it sounds as if it is something I might like to explore a bit.

Thank you for your time.

-Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Dear Canada,

This offense thing you speak of is intriguing indeed. I have just a few questions to ask if it is not too much trouble.
    First, we have a position on this team known as a "QB"; could you expound please? This "QB" throws what is known as a "forward pass"; could you further define? And, lastly: what is the "W" you speak of; it sounds as if it is something I might like to explore a bit.

Thank you for your time.

-Herm Edwards
    Dear Mr Edwards

The "QB" is the man who has been handing the ball off to the RB every first down. This "QB" is also allowed to throw an overhand forward pass to a player known as a wide receiver. The WR is the player whos job it is to block downfield on your running plays. This player may run an unlimited amount of yards down the field and catch a "forward pass"

The W i was referring to stands for Win. That is why you play the game...you play to win the game

If you would like further instructions, please buy me a case of beer and I will happily guide you through the process of passing the ball. I will be in town on Friday. I will contact you when I arrive.

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Dear Mr Edwards

The "QB" is the man who has been handing the ball off to the RB every first down. This "QB" is also allowed to throw an overhand forward pass to a player known as a wide receiver. The WR is the player whos job it is to block downfield on your running plays. This player may run an unlimited amount of yards down the field and catch a "forward pass"

The W i was referring to stands for Win. That is why you play the game...you play to win the game

If you would like further instructions, please buy me a case of beer and I will happily guide you through the process of passing the ball. I will be in town on Friday. I will contact you when I arrive.

Canada
    Dear Canada,

Thank you for clarifying the "QB" position, defining the "forward pass" and "W" topics. Now what is this beer you speak of.

-Herm

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast