Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MNF Tailgate & Game ROLL CALL...who's gonna be there?

Default MNF Tailgate & Game ROLL CALL...who's gonna be there?

I was wondering who from Chiefs Crowd will be attending the Chiefs Crowd MNF Season Opener tailgate gathering & game. I'm making & bringing my homemade potato salad, baked beans, chocolate peanut butter fudge, and a variety of homemade cookies, to go with stuff others are contributing. I need to plan on quantity. If you're gonna be there...could you post so here please? Okay...truthfully, it's not all about quantity...I'm just hoping a lot of you I've not met I'm gonna get to and we're gonna have one heck of a CC tailgate party! HA!

This is who I think is definite besides myself, I went through Canada's original thread. If you're on this list and not coming, or have changes in numbers, correct me please, haha. If you're coming & not on the list add yourself please.

Canada, Dan, Dell
    Coach
    Clint aka striken
    Brenda aka Glennbree & hubby
    Tammietailgator & hubby
    Seek & wife
    Hometeam & wife
    Walter aka pbatrucker
    Kevin & wife aka Vanilla Garilla
    Hayvern & wife
    buffman316
    bbacker51 - group of 8?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Okay, here is an initial plan is far as food for the MNF game. All of the details are not set in stone. However, I am going to donate the meat and BBQ sauce for this event and smoke the food myself. The only complaints I have ever received were my own, so I don't think anyone will die from it. ConnieJo has asked to help by providing some sides.

The cost for members to eat will be a donation towards the Lukemia and Lymphoma society. My family has a team that will walk in the Light the Night charity even for the LLS and all that I ask is that you either pay the LLS through our teams sponsered site, or you can pay us directly at the game. We will then deposit all of the sponsor money when we check in for the walk. You can either pay in cash or by check. The site will accept credit card or debit payments and will provide you a receipt if you want it as a write off. I will provide a link to the site at a later date, since I didn't set it up so I need to make sure it is working right.

This charity means a lot to my family, as my aunt is currently fighting lymphoma after beating once before over 15 years ago. My uncle passed away from Lukemia about three years ago in August, and my grandfather was diagnosed with lymphoma before dying of a farm accident. I have watched these cancers destroy my family and I can not imagine how hard this is one people. Donations to this site helps in so many ways.

I was planning on smoking pulled pork and probably a brisket. This all kids of depends on the amount of interest. If someone would like something else, like Ribs or Chicken please let me know and we can work something out. "may cost for a bigger donation"

Again, all the details have not been worked out so if anyone has any suggestion, please let me, Connie, Gleenbree or Canada know.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Okay, here is an initial plan is far as food for the MNF game. All of the details are not set in stone. However, I am going to donate the meat and BBQ sauce for this event and smoke the food myself. The only complaints I have ever received were my own, so I don't think anyone will die from it. ConnieJo has asked to help by providing some sides.

The cost for members to eat will be a donation towards the Lukemia and Lymphoma society. My family has a team that will walk in the Light the Night charity even for the LLS and all that I ask is that you either pay the LLS through our teams sponsered site, or you can pay us directly at the game. We will then deposit all of the sponsor money when we check in for the walk. You can either pay in cash or by check. The site will accept credit card or debit payments and will provide you a receipt if you want it as a write off. I will provide a link to the site at a later date, since I didn't set it up so I need to make sure it is working right.

This charity means a lot to my family, as my aunt is currently fighting lymphoma after beating once before over 15 years ago. My uncle passed away from Lukemia about three years ago in August, and my grandfather was diagnosed with lymphoma before dying of a farm accident. I have watched these cancers destroy my family and I can not imagine how hard this is one people. Donations to this site helps in so many ways.

I was planning on smoking pulled pork and probably a brisket. This all kids of depends on the amount of interest. If someone would like something else, like Ribs or Chicken please let me know and we can work something out. "may cost for a bigger donation"

Again, all the details have not been worked out so if anyone has any suggestion, please let me, Connie, Gleenbree or Canada know.
    WOW, Seek, that would be pretty awesome, I am going to take back some of those aweful things I said about you.

For CapitalT and I, hwo are traveling so far, it is going to be hard for us to really bring a lot to the tailgate. Coolers, Grills, that sort of thing are out of the question. Last time, we were able to go to the store and get some stuff, but if you wanted to put all of this together, that would be really great, and then all we would need to worry about is beer.

So mark me down as interested.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Connie, I like Peanut Butter, Snickerdoodle and Sugar Cookies, but the Doctor says I have to stay away from sugar.
    I can make some with a sugar subsitute! Will that work? :)

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    Peanut Butter For Sure!!!
    Peanut Butter for sure! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I actually just found out that my cousin who recently moved from Texas to Weston MO, would like to tailgate with us as well. It will be her and her husband i assume.
    I'll update the list! I'm very familiar with Weston, Mo.!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You know what kind of cookies I LIke CJ!! ;)
    Yes I do, but I've never made your preferred flavor, and I'd likely screw them up, having no experience. I've been told by those experienced, they're very tricky cookies to make, and one has to know what they're doing for best results, lol.

Besides, I don't have the main ingredient in my baking pantry cupboards, lol.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

Our friend Canada reminded me earlier, that our tailgate efforts hope to help raise donations for your Cancer charity. I initially wanted to donate 10% of my Chiefs memorabilia sold to Chiefs Crowd website, but Coach is not comfortable with my donating financially. I'm not comfortable not donating in some way related to Chiefs Crowd. So, with Canada's reminder of our MNF tailgate also being a fundraiser, I've decided to donate the 10% to that fundraiser instead. :)

Seek...do we need someone to volunteer bringing...bread/buns for the pulled pork & brisket? Also, what about the paper products...plates, napkins, tableware, etc.? Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I was wondering who from Chiefs Crowd will be attending the Chiefs Crowd MNF Season Opener tailgate gathering & game. I'm making & bringing my homemade potato salad, baked beans, chocolate peanut butter fudge, and a variety of homemade cookies, to go with stuff others are contributing. I need to plan on quantity. If you're gonna be there...could you post so here please? Okay...truthfully, it's not all about quantity...I'm just hoping a lot of you I've not met I'm gonna get to and we're gonna have one heck of a CC tailgate party! HA!

This is who I think is definite besides myself, I went through Canada's original thread. If you're on this list and not coming, or have changes in numbers, correct me please, haha. If you're coming & not on the list add yourself please.

Canada, Dan, Dell
    Coach
    Clint aka striken
    Tammietailgator & hubby
    Seek & wife
    Hometeam & wife
    Walter aka pbatrucker
    Kevin's friends from Weston, Mo.
    Hayvern & CapitalT
    buffman316
    bbacker51 - group of 8?
    Updated list! CaptialT has been added, he's coming with Hayvern. Kevin's friends from Weston have been added to the list as well.

Updated list! CaptialT has been added, he's coming with Hayvern. Kevin's friends from Weston have been added to the list as well.
    Sorry CJ, Dells Girlfriend is coming to the game too so you can add one more to our group!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I can make some with a sugar subsitute! Will that work? :)

Peanut Butter for sure! :)

I'll update the list! I'm very familiar with Weston, Mo.!

Yes I do, but I've never made your preferred flavor, and I'd likely screw them up, having no experience. I've been told by those experienced, they're very tricky cookies to make, and one has to know what they're doing for best results, lol.

Besides, I don't have the main ingredient in my baking pantry cupboards, lol.
    Don't go to too much trouble for me.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Don't go to too much trouble for me.
    It's no trouble to use a sugar subsitute! All I have to do is add a sugar subsitute instead of regular sugar.

Besides, it's a good idea, as many people have to watch their sugar, or sugar levels...there could easily be others needing the same, so this way you, & possibly others can enjoy cookies too! :)

Canada, Dan, Dell & girlfriend
    Coach
    Clint aka striken
    Tammietailgator & hubby
    Seek & wife
    Hometeam & wife
    Walter aka pbatrucker
    Hayvern & wife
    buffman316
    bbacker51 - group of 8?
    Updated list! CapitalT is coming with Hayvern, Kevin is bringing friends, and Dell is bringing his girlfriend!

The more we have the greater the Chiefs Crowd warchant & 12th man factor will be!! As well, possibly increasing the final tally to be donated to Seek's charity battling Cancer! Besides, the more the merrier, haha.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast