Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: MNF Tailgate & Game ROLL CALL...who's gonna be there?

Default MNF Tailgate & Game ROLL CALL...who's gonna be there?

I was wondering who from Chiefs Crowd will be attending the Chiefs Crowd MNF Season Opener tailgate gathering & game. I'm making & bringing my homemade potato salad, baked beans, chocolate peanut butter fudge, and a variety of homemade cookies, to go with stuff others are contributing. I need to plan on quantity. If you're gonna be there...could you post so here please? Okay...truthfully, it's not all about quantity...I'm just hoping a lot of you I've not met I'm gonna get to and we're gonna have one heck of a CC tailgate party! HA!

This is who I think is definite besides myself, I went through Canada's original thread. If you're on this list and not coming, or have changes in numbers, correct me please, haha. If you're coming & not on the list add yourself please.

Canada, Dan, Dell
    Coach
    Clint aka striken
    Brenda aka Glennbree & hubby
    Tammietailgator & hubby
    Seek & wife
    Hometeam & wife
    Walter aka pbatrucker
    Kevin & wife aka Vanilla Garilla
    Hayvern & wife
    buffman316
    bbacker51 - group of 8?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You know what kind of cookies I LIke CJ!! ;)

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post

Do you like those special brownies too? I know people in Kid Rock's world who make the cookies & brownies, but I've never eaten any. Thankfully, I've always been warned not to eat them, because they're "special". Many stories have it, they've knocked people flat on their backs, and they end up missing the concerts, lol.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Speaking of back...think I'm gonna go lay mine down, haha. I'm short on sleep, have major yawnies. Night y'all...sweet Chiefs Super Bowl dreams! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

Do you like those special brownies too? I know people in Kid Rock's world who make the cookies & brownies, but I've never eaten any. Thankfully, I've always been warned not to eat them, because they're "special". Many stories have it, they've knocked people flat on their backs, and they end up missing the concerts, lol.
    Well.. I didn't have cookies. A friend made banana bread that was special and I just didn't know about it. Let's just say this.. When I woke up my friend got chewed out for not telling me, I had a headache, and I swore that I would never eat anything he baked again.

Edit: I didn't fall asleep right away, but it will turn your world upside down while you're awake.

Resident Celebrity

We are in Seek! As I told you before. We will be more than happy to donate and how about if you put us down for a HUGE package of sturdy Paper Plates? I think if everyone donates and also brings at least one item needed this will be fantastic!!
    **ChiefsChick**

I am gonna bring some beer!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Seek...do we need someone to volunteer bringing...bread/buns for the pulled pork & brisket? Also, what about the paper products...plates, napkins, tableware, etc.? Anything else?
    Paper plates would be great. I was going to run to Sams and get the buns, they don't cost much but if someone else wanted to it would be less for me to haul.

Our friend Canada reminded me earlier, that our tailgate efforts hope to help raise donations for your Cancer charity. I initially wanted to donate 10% of my Chiefs memorabilia sold to Chiefs Crowd website, but Coach is not comfortable with my donating financially. I'm not comfortable not donating in some way related to Chiefs Crowd. So, with Canada's reminder of our MNF tailgate also being a fundraiser, I've decided to donate the 10% to that fundraiser instead. :)
    10% is more than anything I would expect. I was just thinking maybe pay 5 bucks a person towards a charity instead of paying a person for profit towards a tailgate dinner. If people felt generous to pay more great. I am not trying to trump any other charity efforts. I would prefer to have enough donation to cover the cost of the food, so that I could make Crowd members tailgate a little better, otherwise I would just donate the money I would spend on the meat directly to the LLS.

If prefered, we could ask for 10$ a person and split it 50/50 between LLS and the Crowd fundraiser.

I will bring a few jugs of a local microbrew beer, and figure out something else to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Well.. I didn't have cookies. A friend made banana bread that was special and I just didn't know about it. Let's just say this.. When I woke up my friend got chewed out for not telling me, I had a headache, and I swore that I would never eat anything he baked again.

Edit: I didn't fall asleep right away, but it will turn your world upside down while you're awake.
    I've not heard of 'special banana bread', haha. From what I gather, the special cookies are rather time consuming to make. The butter is mixed with the ingredient making them special, and they say getting the right combination comes with trial & error, experience. They also let it 'steep' for days to reach full potential, haha.

Thankfully, I was respectively warned prior to attending my first Kid Rock fan club concert pre-party...not to eat the cookies, or brownies, lol. I wouldn't have known not to otherwise, didn't have a clue there were 'special cookies' back then.

I've learned alot over the years I've been active in Kid Rock's website...some explicit knowledge I would have rather not read about & acquired, haha. As time passed though, most members have become respectful with not talking explicitly if I'm involved in the conversation, haha. Not because I've asked them to be, but because as they've come to know me, they say my presence is one similar to if their mother or grandmother were reading, lol. Sometimes they've even started subject threads with, 'don't read Connie Jo' in the title to warn me, haha, which I appreciate, & won't enter the thread. What I don't know can't gross me out, lol.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast