Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MNF Tailgate & Game ROLL CALL...who's gonna be there?

Default MNF Tailgate & Game ROLL CALL...who's gonna be there?

I was wondering who from Chiefs Crowd will be attending the Chiefs Crowd MNF Season Opener tailgate gathering & game. I'm making & bringing my homemade potato salad, baked beans, chocolate peanut butter fudge, and a variety of homemade cookies, to go with stuff others are contributing. I need to plan on quantity. If you're gonna be there...could you post so here please? Okay...truthfully, it's not all about quantity...I'm just hoping a lot of you I've not met I'm gonna get to and we're gonna have one heck of a CC tailgate party! HA!

This is who I think is definite besides myself, I went through Canada's original thread. If you're on this list and not coming, or have changes in numbers, correct me please, haha. If you're coming & not on the list add yourself please.

Canada, Dan, Dell
    Coach
    Clint aka striken
    Brenda aka Glennbree & hubby
    Tammietailgator & hubby
    Seek & wife
    Hometeam & wife
    Walter aka pbatrucker
    Kevin & wife aka Vanilla Garilla
    Hayvern & wife
    buffman316
    bbacker51 - group of 8?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

canada what kind of beer you like my friend! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    canada what kind of beer you like my friend! lol
    I was just kidding, but if its cold, wet and tastes like beer then Im happy!!

*My fav drink is Guiness with a shot of Bushmills Irish Whiskey in it!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Come on MONDAY!!!!
    HEY~ we wanna meet up with you guys and follow everyone in to the game...You that have my number please give me a 'round about' time that you plan on heading out from your hotel.
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    Come on MONDAY!!!!
    HEY~ we wanna meet up with you guys and follow everyone in to the game...You that have my number please give me a 'round about' time that you plan on heading out from your hotel.
    Well, that's the only part of this tailgate game plan that seems sketchy to me...what time we will be going to the stadium. Near as I can determine, gates will open at around 11 AM for the Royals game. I was told you can enter the parking lots even if not going to the Royals game, as long as you're willing to pay $10 parking, but that you'll also have to pay the $22 parking for the Chiefs game.

I don't have a clue how they intend to determine who's entering the lots attending the Royals game or not, unless they ask to see a Royals game ticket when entering. The gal at the stadium I talked to just said if you enter before 3 PM parking is $32, if after 3 PM it's $22.

Anyway, maybe Canada or Seek know more than I do about what time we plan to be at the stadium, setting up, begin tailgating????

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I guess that is something we should talk about. I was hoping to go to the stadiunm sometime around noon. Dell and his girlfriend are getting in around 10am and coming to the hotel so Im gonna wait for them and then I am good to go whenever.

Who is getting the parking pass? I we need to get one early, I can pay for one or if someone wants to get one I can pay them back when I get there. I assume Seek will need the pass as he is the chef so whatever he says is good with me. I think between noon and 1 pm is a good time to head down but le me konw what you all think!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I guess that is something we should talk about. I was hoping to go to the stadiunm sometime around noon. Dell and his girlfriend are getting in around 10am and coming to the hotel so Im gonna wait for them and then I am good to go whenever.

Who is getting the parking pass? I we need to get one early, I can pay for one or if someone wants to get one I can pay them back when I get there. I assume Seek will need the pass as he is the chef so whatever he says is good with me. I think between noon and 1 pm is a good time to head down but le me konw what you all think!!
    Well, if it works for everyone else...why don't we go with a 12:30 PM time for those wanting to meet up at the hotel to meet up there...such as Brenda, Kevin, others. Plan on leaving the hotel no later than 1:00 PM towards the stadium from the hotel.

If Dell & his girlfriend arrive at KCI around 10 AM on Monday...it could take them an hour to retrieve baggage, make the drive over to the hotel. KCI to the hotel is a good 1/2 hour drive, depending upon traffic, road construction.

We don't need a parking pass unless you're wanting Red or Gold reserve parking, that is? We're gonna need more than one parking space, so it would mean buying a Red or Gold reserve pass per vehicle, that's if they're not already sold out. We'll have many vehicles, but of course not everyone needs to park side by side.

I would tend to think it would be better just to meet at the hotel, then convoy over to the stadium and in to the parking lots. Each vehicle in our convoy paying for parking as we enter...then convoying to what ever parking we see is available to accomodate all of our vehicles, as well as space to set up tents & tables. I have no idea how crowded the lots will be by 12:30-1:00...we'll likely just have to take what's available best suited for our needs, hope for the best.

Okay, so what do y'all think then? Meet at the Quality Inn hotel around 12:30 for those wanting to convoy to Arrowhead. Then pay for parking as each of us driving vehicles in the convoy enters the stadium, then convoy once inside the parking lots to whatever parking area we're able to that looks to accomodate our needs best?

I was planning on hooking up with you guys at the hotel and then doing whatever. I prob wont get to the hotel until around 11am.

General admission parking passes aren't reserved, they're simply passes bought in advance, no guaranteed particular spot, you just go where the attendants tell you to go, same as any one paying for parking as they enter the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I was planning on hooking up with you guys at the hotel and then doing whatever. I prob wont get to the hotel until around 11am.
    Well, if you plan on arriving around 11 AM...do you want to kick it up to a noon time, rather than 12:30...for everyone to meet at the hotel? Arrive at the stadium around 12:30, rather than 1ish? I'll be there early in the morning, so any time is fine by me to leave the hotel for the stadium?

Just be sure to not let the rent a cops, threaten to tow you for parking where you want, and not where they want you to. Like they did to us when we all met up for the first Chiefs Crowd Tailgate and game! The tow trucks actually were called and showed up, was going to tow my daughter's ( Wiski girl) car first! Also, keep Styrofoam coolers away from Tammietailgator.