Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Not as bad as I thought

Default Not as bad as I thought

Yes, the Chiefs lost, yes a lot of us were thinking they'd lose, but I was impressed overall by how we played actually. At first, it looked like it was gonna get ugly. After a turnover the Chiefs do nothing with, the Bears drive down the field for the only offensive TD they get. Then right after that, Hester takes it to the house, as well as add on a FG to make it 17-0. I'm just thinking, how bad is this gonna get? Then, the offense suprises me, marches down the field 4 plays which end up with our first TD of the season, with a nice pass to Bowe.(or was it TG?!) The Bears get a FG after yet another good Hester return to make it 20-7. The Chiefs answer right back with a FG of their own after a Grossman pick.
    The Bears go 3 and our after that and the Chiefs are marching down the field. Huard throws a strike to Bowe, which would've been a TD to make it 20-17. However, the referees kill us with an Illegal Shift. I call BS. Who actually calls that nowadays anyways? Anyways, the Bears get the ball back, but Grossman gets picked again. A couple plays later, Huard throws a pretty good pass, can't remember to who, but it's batted away thanks to very good coverage, sadly right at another Bear. They go 3 and out once again and Herm decides to put in Croyle. Croyle was pretty impressive, throwing a 30+ yard bomb which got us into the redzone. However, Bennet fumbled a play later after being greedy for yardage. That, was the game.
    Yes, we lost, but we played better than we did last week. The offense showed signs of life, and the defense kept us in the game and caused turnovers. One of our turnovers was unlucky, the other was thanks to the shape the game was in already. The referees took a TD away from us, and even if it was a penalty, I still think it's dumb, I see teams get away with it all the time. Overall, the two reasons we lost were that call by the refs and Hester's impact on the game. However, if we play like this for the rest of the season, we may be better than we think.

What do you mean "footage online"?

Discussing while watching footage or posting vids?

Are we allowed to do that? (copyright?)

Quote Originally Posted by libranoelrose View Post
    What do you mean "footage online"?

Discussing while watching footage or posting vids?

Are we allowed to do that? (copyright?)
    I don't know. For example.. If you had the game on your computer, maybe you could send the snipit of Hesters out-of-bounds return to some of the members.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah, it was bouncing a couple of times. They usually do, when they go that near the sideline.

If you are going to have game footage online, you will be a great ally.
    This worked out well.

Since I got that dang video capture card the Chiefs have not won a game.

Maybe that is what went wrong with the season, and it wasn't really Herm.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    This worked out well.

Since I got that dang video capture card the Chiefs have not won a game.

Maybe that is what went wrong with the season, and it wasn't really Herm.

Yes, that's right Herm only became an idiot after you got the video caption card. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes, that's right Herm only became an idiot after you got the video caption card. :rolleyes:
    Well since he knew I got it, he wanted to make sure he performed to the worst of his ability!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well since he knew I got it, he wanted to make sure he performed to the worst of his ability!

Well he really overachieved at underachieving.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well he really overachieved at underachieving.

Let's just hope his incompetence can be justified by us getting Jake Long in the draft!

Knowing Herm though he will probably go for a CB in the first round.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910