Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not as bad as I thought

Default Not as bad as I thought

Yes, the Chiefs lost, yes a lot of us were thinking they'd lose, but I was impressed overall by how we played actually. At first, it looked like it was gonna get ugly. After a turnover the Chiefs do nothing with, the Bears drive down the field for the only offensive TD they get. Then right after that, Hester takes it to the house, as well as add on a FG to make it 17-0. I'm just thinking, how bad is this gonna get? Then, the offense suprises me, marches down the field 4 plays which end up with our first TD of the season, with a nice pass to Bowe.(or was it TG?!) The Bears get a FG after yet another good Hester return to make it 20-7. The Chiefs answer right back with a FG of their own after a Grossman pick.
    The Bears go 3 and our after that and the Chiefs are marching down the field. Huard throws a strike to Bowe, which would've been a TD to make it 20-17. However, the referees kill us with an Illegal Shift. I call BS. Who actually calls that nowadays anyways? Anyways, the Bears get the ball back, but Grossman gets picked again. A couple plays later, Huard throws a pretty good pass, can't remember to who, but it's batted away thanks to very good coverage, sadly right at another Bear. They go 3 and out once again and Herm decides to put in Croyle. Croyle was pretty impressive, throwing a 30+ yard bomb which got us into the redzone. However, Bennet fumbled a play later after being greedy for yardage. That, was the game.
    Yes, we lost, but we played better than we did last week. The offense showed signs of life, and the defense kept us in the game and caused turnovers. One of our turnovers was unlucky, the other was thanks to the shape the game was in already. The referees took a TD away from us, and even if it was a penalty, I still think it's dumb, I see teams get away with it all the time. Overall, the two reasons we lost were that call by the refs and Hester's impact on the game. However, if we play like this for the rest of the season, we may be better than we think.

What they said was because he caught the ball with one foot out of bounds it makes the kick out of bounds. Therefore the penalty for an out of bounds kick-off.

Stupid to me, never heard of it before.
    ZONA

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

our offense is bad. our defense is just above average so our margin of error is next to nill. the bad thing is nill is named herme edwards.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

yeah i dont like that call about the one foot being out of bounds, whatever.
    That game was so annoying to watch, i threw my couch pillows a couple times. Glad the gf wasnt around to see that haha.
    I just didnt like alot of play calls like running the ball on 3rd and 9. Not that we deserved to win that game at all..but the offense was horrid. But the play calling was just as bad. I totally agree that they need to expand a little more of a playbook.

I don't understand why everyone is going off on our offense when we already knew it was gonna be bad. Quite frankly, I was suprised we did as much as we did, when everyone in the world predicted a possible shut out. As far as that penalty goes, I was thinking of a different kickoff. I don't think I saw that one. At least Croyle had a good drive going before Bennet screwed it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Can someone explain why the kickoff that Hester caught and stepped out on the 3 yard line was a penalty against the Chiefs??
    Quote Originally Posted by zona chief View Post
    What they said was because he caught the ball with one foot out of bounds it makes the kick out of bounds. Therefore the penalty for an out of bounds kick-off.

Stupid to me, never heard of it before.
    I am pretty sure that it was a bad call. Hester cught the ball, then stepped out of bounds. The Bears should have had the ball right there. The part that I'm not sure about is if the possession rule there is the same as it is for receptions. I am pretty sure that I saw a similar play, where the returner was ruled to have cught the ball, then stepped out. Your ball, right where you stepped out. Hopefully, NFL Network will bring that play to the head of the NFL officials, as they discuss certain plays with him weekly.

I dont care how much MOST of you thought about how bad we are. I for one saw a much different game in the aspect of us actually remembering how to score again. That Touchdown called back for an illegal shift and its 20-17 against the team that was in the Superbowl last year on their Home field . Considering how poor we play on the road , that game gave me huge hope for the rest of the season. Our offense started gelling and moved the ball down the field, The game was nowhere perfect but damn ease up on all the we suck stuff and look at the positives or keep the negaitives to a minimum. We are a support group for our favorite team here not a bashing group . Im getting to the point of never posting in here anymore because its always such a negative experience . Its no fun coming in here and reading post after post of what we did wrong and how bad our team can be at times. Maybe its just me and I should be appologizing for what I am saying . I love the CHIEFS and I thought the game was very poorly played on both sides , but I really loved watching the Team find the endzone again. It was like a weight being lifted off of our shoulders. The positive vibe was in the air . It seemed like Chicago was on the ropes near the end to me. GO Chiefs !!!! BOO to the Negative people ! Again I am not calling anyone out in general , Alot of you seemed to try and find the positive in this team. Just lately in general, Many people have really gotten negative in here and its really keeping me from posting . I dont want to be part of that . I really enjoy most of you that post in here on a steady basis because you never waiver in your loyalty to the chiefs.
    Last edited by YZILLA; 09-16-2007 at 09:50 PM.

Take Hester out of the mix and that is 10 points off the Bears score.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Hester and that questionable call by the refs is why we lost. No one thought it would come down to something like that. I still think we played great considering it was on the road. If we play like that, we may be ok. I really hope Herm saw something though. I noticed Solari opened up the playbook when we got down 17-0, and got that TD. It looked so impressive, maybe now Herm will start letting Solari go down the field more, especially before 3rd down. Overall, a loss is a loss, but we played ok. The only major problem I saw were penalties, please stop being stupid!

They could have and should have won that game! So many missed opportunities.:sign0080: But with all that being said I think they took a step forward! Bowe is starting to show why he is the first round pick, the defense is looking pretty good and they get Allen back next week.Now they go home and I tell you they will be 4-3 going into the bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am pretty sure that it was a bad call. Hester cught the ball, then stepped out of bounds. The Bears should have had the ball right there. The part that I'm not sure about is if the possession rule there is the same as it is for receptions. I am pretty sure that I saw a similar play, where the returner was ruled to have cught the ball, then stepped out. Your ball, right where you stepped out. Hopefully, NFL Network will bring that play to the head of the NFL officials, as they discuss certain plays with him weekly.
    the call was correct. when recieving a kickoff and catching the ball, the same concept applies as if you were catching a pass. you're only ruled in bounds if BOTH feet are in bounds...which his weren't. Those kinds of plays/rules are understood and practiced during the week. By catching the ball with one foot in and one out, he emphatically makes it clear to the ref that the ball is out of bounds rather than letting it bounce again and risking it skipping thru the end zone, thus causing a touchback. The play won't be scrutinized on the NFL network. they got the call right.

the only call i saw that was questionable was the illegal shift call. they tried to explain it on TV, but i kept rewinding the play and couldn't see an illegal shift. there are plenty of shifts that have more than 1 player moving. i thought that was pretty bogus and the LATE FLAG handed the game over...but, so did Huard and Bennett.

PLAY CROYLE!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast