Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not as bad as I thought

Default Not as bad as I thought

Yes, the Chiefs lost, yes a lot of us were thinking they'd lose, but I was impressed overall by how we played actually. At first, it looked like it was gonna get ugly. After a turnover the Chiefs do nothing with, the Bears drive down the field for the only offensive TD they get. Then right after that, Hester takes it to the house, as well as add on a FG to make it 17-0. I'm just thinking, how bad is this gonna get? Then, the offense suprises me, marches down the field 4 plays which end up with our first TD of the season, with a nice pass to Bowe.(or was it TG?!) The Bears get a FG after yet another good Hester return to make it 20-7. The Chiefs answer right back with a FG of their own after a Grossman pick.
    The Bears go 3 and our after that and the Chiefs are marching down the field. Huard throws a strike to Bowe, which would've been a TD to make it 20-17. However, the referees kill us with an Illegal Shift. I call BS. Who actually calls that nowadays anyways? Anyways, the Bears get the ball back, but Grossman gets picked again. A couple plays later, Huard throws a pretty good pass, can't remember to who, but it's batted away thanks to very good coverage, sadly right at another Bear. They go 3 and out once again and Herm decides to put in Croyle. Croyle was pretty impressive, throwing a 30+ yard bomb which got us into the redzone. However, Bennet fumbled a play later after being greedy for yardage. That, was the game.
    Yes, we lost, but we played better than we did last week. The offense showed signs of life, and the defense kept us in the game and caused turnovers. One of our turnovers was unlucky, the other was thanks to the shape the game was in already. The referees took a TD away from us, and even if it was a penalty, I still think it's dumb, I see teams get away with it all the time. Overall, the two reasons we lost were that call by the refs and Hester's impact on the game. However, if we play like this for the rest of the season, we may be better than we think.

3 Turnovers, and NO points off it. THATS BAD PLAY CALLING.

I believe the defense did their job and held us in the game.

The offense on the other hand, was just plain ugly. I don't know what they are going to do about that.

And yes, the pass to TONY GUN *ahem* DBOWE, was spectacular!

Can someone explain why the kickoff that Hester caught and stepped out on the 3 yard line was a penalty against the Chiefs??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Illegal block in the back.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Can someone explain why the kickoff that Hester caught and stepped out on the 3 yard line was a penalty against the Chiefs??
    Can someone explain why we are 3rd and 1, in field goal range, and throw a endzone pass to little Parker? mr. i cant go up for it-hands parker? the only time we really moved the ball is when hermmie took the leash of his lap dog solai and they shifted and really mixed it up.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I admit its a lot easier watching a Chiefs game when you know there going to lose. There were bright spots but a lot of bad ones also. I thought Solari's game plan sucked, never tried to get it to 88. I wish our offense would expand their game plan from 5 plays to at least 10 different plays. It would definitely put a little bit more pressure on the other teams defense.

Can someone tell me how two coaches from the same background can play such different styles of defense. Edwards defense is soft, never puts any pressure on the QB, always covering empty spaces, while Lovey's defense is always pressuring, never letting receivers run free, and always hitting people hard.

whos play callin here?

its 3rd and 1... why not give the ball to LJ?

they paid him all that money, why not USE HIM?

no excuses for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Illegal block in the back.
    That is a 37 yard penalty??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

i agree. i believe there was a lot of missed tackles on the CHIEFS part.

although that lick DJ had on Grossman was pretty sweeeeet.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Quote Originally Posted by LAChief View Post
    I admit its a lot easier watching a Chiefs game when you know there going to lose. There were bright spots but a lot of bad ones also. I thought Solari's game plan sucked, never tried to get it to 88. I wish our offense would expand their game plan from 5 plays to at least 10 different plays. It would definitely put a little bit more pressure on the other teams defense.

Can someone tell me how two coaches from the same background can play such different styles of defense. Edwards defense is soft, never puts any pressure on the QB, always covering empty spaces, while Lovey's defense is always pressuring, never letting receivers run free, and always hitting people hard.
    irt was easier to watch the game knowing how bad our offense is.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast