Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Page won't be a Chief again.

Default Page won't be a Chief again.

i have been out all week on VAC, so if this is old news sorry, but I just heard it on the radio this morning. To me, it sounds like Page has a bad agent. Page is not a super star safety that really has the type of demand to play hard ball with the Chiefs. Maybe he intends to play Baseball instead, but his agent could end his NFL career by making a stand with no leverage.

Saying that Page is no longer a resident of KC, MO.. is kindergarden maturity.

610 Sports Radio has learned of NEW details on Safety Jarrad Page's holdout with the Chiefs.

In an e-mail sent exclusively to 610's Nick Wright, John Page, the agent of Jarrad Page, released this statement:

"Jarrad Page requested to be traded away from Kansas City after the third Pre-Season game last year (vs. Seattle Seahawks). We requested a trade again this year on 6/17/2010 for the second time. Beginning in the Pre-Season and continuing all year, Coach Todd Haley mishandled Jarrad last season causing him to end up on IR. (Jarrad never missed a game in his NFL career prior to last season). There has been interest for Jarrad and the Chiefs are blocking legitimate trades. There's been plenty of time to get a trade done and at this point, in our opinion, it's clear that the Chiefs are being Vindictive. Front Page Sports Management called Chiefs Front Office on Monday, 7/26/2010 before Training Camp began, to discuss "trade request". Call was returned by member of Front Office who has been involved in Jarrad's negotiations who claimed, "he didn't know anything about a trade request and had never heard of it". Two subsequent calls made later on the same day to the GM have not been returned to this date. Jarrad no longer has a residence in Missouri or Kansas and has moved to California."

very classless by page if you ask me

From what I have heard, K. Lewis has been very impressive which gives Page even less leverage to force this hold out.

It's hard to blame Page. He's not in the Chiefs long term plans, they were going to play him out of position at SS in a contract year, and Haley clearly isn't as concerned as Page is about keeping Page healthy. Let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    It's hard to blame Page. He's not in the Chiefs long term plans, they were going to play him out of position at SS in a contract year, and Haley clearly isn't as concerned as Page is about keeping Page healthy. Let him go.
    They gave him a fairly hight RFA tender. I do think he was part of their long terms plan or they wouldn't have tendered him that high.

I also don't recall him playing SS. When did that happen?

Well, unless I'm mistaken...thought Jarrad Page was at camp this morning...isn't he #44? If so, he intercepted a pass, made a good play. Possibly someone else is wearing #44, or I misread the numbers. OPlookn was there with me, so maybe he can clarify at some point. Oh, and if it was Page today, think he was playing SS when he intercepted.

EDIT...it's Jarrad, not Jared, I corrected, haha.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 08-09-2010 at 02:26 PM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, unless I'm mistaken...thought Jarrad Page was at camp this morning...isn't he #44? If so, he intercepted a pass, made a good play. Possibly someone else is wearing #44, or I misread the numbers. OPlookn was there with me, so maybe he can clarify at some point. Oh, and if it was Page today, think he was playing SS when he intercepted.

EDIT...it's Jarrad, not Jared, I corrected, haha.
    That is his number. I haven't heard anything saying he had signed his tender. Interesting....Are you sure it was not 49, which is K. Lewis who is playing SS.
    Last edited by Seek; 08-09-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Yes page has been #44... Hmm i figured somebody would have posted up info if he was there. i haven't seen anything yet..

According to kcchiefs.com he still is 44.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    They gave him a fairly hight RFA tender. I do think he was part of their long terms plan or they wouldn't have tendered him that high.

I also don't recall him playing SS. When did that happen?
    Unless Haley has gone completely round the bend, Berry's starting at FS. So the plan was for Page to play a year of SS while grooming Lewis as the long term SS. They tendered Page so high as to avoid losing him in 2010, as they don't want to start two rookies in the safety spots.

And Page would be a lousy SS. His main strengths are coverage and ballhawking. His main weakness are tackling. He'd be exposed and destroyed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast