Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs training camp this morning, not so good. :(

Default Chiefs training camp this morning, not so good. :(

Well, the bad news is on offense. Cassel had a bit of an over throwing issue today. Bowe dropped one ball for sure, maybe two...couldn't see the jersey number well on the second drop. Jerheme Urban let a couple passes slip right through his hands, big sighs from many in the area I was in when he missed those.

The good news is, other than 1-2 dropped balls, Bowe made some great catches, with speed. McCluster, well...he's just AWESOME, and once again seemed to steal the show being a favorite among fans attending this morning's camp.

There were two places suggested by camp guides to obtain player auto's after camp, I was at the wrong one, haha. OPlookn was at the right one, but it's his story, not mine to tell, haha.

The VIP tent was 'okay'. I'm grateful for the opportunity, but it wasn't as VIP as what most might think. Basically, the benefits of VIP were being shaded by a tent, being served glazed donuts, water, or Gatorade. The premium parking pass included with VIP passes was nice with being much closer to camp.

The VIP tent was further from the action on the field than general fan areas, so OPlookn and I both left VIP, went to other areas to be in better & closer view of on field practice, specifically for picture taking. I took a few pics, which I'll post in the picture forum soon. OPlookn has an awesome camera, so hopefully he'll post pic's as well, and I think he'll likely have some awesome ones.

I enjoyed getting out of the house, attending camp, and meeting OPlookn...chatting Chiefs, other common subjects, during the drive to St Joe and back to Atchison's Walmart...which was my pick up & drop off point for OPlookn. I speculate he's about my son's age maybe?...and we got along great. I'm very thankful to him for picking me up in Atchison, driving me back, for the company & fun chit chat. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Hey great stuff oplookn ..Crennel from what i have heard from Looney vids is that he is watching from above.

There will be days like that Connie; not to worry they will get back on track...hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    One final comment and then I'm done ha! Forgot to talk about the players signing stuff. I had a Bowe jersey that I got from last year and then was one of the many that went out and bought a Berry jersey as soon as they came out.

I took both in hopes of getting them signed and I couldn't believe my luck when I got both Berry and Bowe to autograph their respective jerseys!

Berry was being called by everyone in the crowd to come over and sign stuff and he spent a good 10 to 15 minutes signing things in one area. The receivers had been working the entire time he was signing things. Bowe then came over to the same side and I got his autograph on his jersey and Berry was STILL signing stuff.

At that point I went looking for Connie to head on out after she got any autographs she was looking for and found out that Berry had continued around the side and spent another 10 to 15 minutes signing even more stuff in another area. So I was very impressed with how accommodating Berry was. It might not seem like much but two practices 30 minutes a piece.... I don't know to many people that would make that much time to sign your name or for that matter could sign their name for that long. At one point a dad shoved his kid into Berry's hands and Berry put on a big smile as Dad took a photo that I'm sure will be framed for life.

Charles spent some time in another area signing things and the only other person I saw signing things was Tim Castille. I have to admit it was funny watching the kids along the fences screaming out players names as they walked by working them for autographs. Most people everyone knew...you'd hear Brian!! Brian Waters!!, Bowe! D. Bowe!!! and several other names and then kids being kids and just wanting to talk to football players and wanting autographs yelling...EIGHT!!! Number EIGHT!! who I had to look as well was rookie Jeremy Horne (WR).

Again it was an awesome time and I'd say if anyone wants to go head on up there and take a few things you want signed.
    That's Eric Berry for ya. Get used to it. He is as classy as they come. Y'all are gonna fall in love with the person and player he is. UT football is down right now but thinking of EB always makes me proud to be a Vol fan. And if I ever get too down, I go and watch the EB hit on KnoShow Moreno lol.
    DL coach Chuck Smith can be heard across the street from Vols practice today: "GET TO WORK!!! EARN THAT 'T' ON YOUR HAT!!!"

I knew OP would give a much better highlight post than I would, haha. I asked him on the drive back if he was gonna post highlights, and he said he would. I knew he had noticed much more in depth than I did based on our discussing camp events afterwards. GREAT coverage OP! :)

To be quite honest...I was very distracted in thought on Monday, but didn't want to miss the opportunity overall, including OP going along, knowing he too was looking forward to it.

I didn't want to mention my being distracted to OP, bringing the day down, I'll mention it now. My closest friend, Cindy...her dad was killed in a car accident late Sunday afternoon, of which I was told of his death not long after he was pronounced DOA at KU, which they life flighted him to from just outside of Atchison. It was a one car accident, they think he may have had a heart attack or stroke causing him to lose control of the vehicle. :(

My friend Cindy & her family have been like family to me for over 25 yrs....her dad no exception. I'm grateful to have spent time visiting with him & his wife Betty, Cindy's mom, and Cindy on the Sunday before, August 1st. After Cindy & I returned from camp that Sunday in St. Joe, we went to her mom & dad's to visit. Originally I didn't plan to stay & visit, because our Chiefs Crowd Unofficial Yahoo FF League live draft was at 7 PM that same Sunday. Having not seen Cindy's parents for a while, I decided visiting with them for a couple hours or so, was more of a priority than making it home in time for the draft...so I stayed, and how blessed I am to have made that decision, since it was to be the last opportunity I would ever have again to visit with 'Chuck'. :(

I was only 20-30 minutes late for the draft, didn't affect me negatively, but it sure would've affected me negatively for the rest of my life had I missed that 'last' opportunity to visit with Chuck. God guides my heart & watches over me when I don't even realize it, and that day was no exception.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 08-12-2010 at 01:14 AM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I wouldn't take anything into a bad practice.. Everyone will have em

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12