Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's smarter

Default Who's smarter

Matt Cassel's agent for getting that huge contract for him or The patriots for getting a 2nd round pick for a below average QB?

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Proved he can take a hit over and over and over again. I'll split the blame 50/50 on him and the line for argument sake.

I still like Matt as a qbof. With Wies here now he will be a star.
    Great he can take a hit put him at TE then because he can't throw accurately and has a weak arm.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Great he can take a hit put him at TE then because he can't throw accurately and has a weak arm.
    On the interviews yesterday Charlie said something along the lines of too many people worry about what they don't have rather than focusing on what they do have the best they can be.

I promise you that with wies calling the plays they will play a game that matt can succeed in. Succeed in this year and as he continues to develope.

Who exactly did you want the chiefs to get last year and please don't say miami's new third string qb Tyler.

He also didn't do anything to say he is a good QB. I think the Chiefs got too trigger happy and jumped on an unproven QB in Matt Cassel.
    Matt Cassel's agent for getting that huge contract for him or The patriots for getting a 2nd round pick for a below average QB?
    Sounds to me like he has proven something to you. If you are going to call him a bust then you have to say that about pretty much every other player on the team as they lost 12 games as a team. Give the guy a chance, he won 11 games as a starter with NE. (I know, I know, much better team in NE) but why say he is below average when he has won 15 NFL games in two years? That seems pretty good to me.

Maybe its the way you posed question that makes it sound like the Chiefs are idiots and the QB sucks. If u had said, "who got the better deal in the NE trade?" that would seem like a fair question.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    On the interviews yesterday Charlie said something along the lines of too many people worry about what they don't have rather than focusing on what they do have the best they can be.

I promise you that with wies calling the plays they will play a game that matt can succeed in. Succeed in this year and as he continues to develope.

Who exactly did you want the chiefs to get last year and please don't say miami's new third string qb Tyler.
    I respect Weis but I also feel sorry for him he's got a lot of work. Let me ask you question aside from being able to take a hit and having heart wich I respect Matt Cassel for (but that alone does not win games) what is Matt Cassel good at? I mean does he possess a strong arm? Is he good at reading the defense? Does have good vision? I have to honestly answer no to all these questions. Maybe Matty boy will prove me wrong, but I personally think we could have picked up a guy think even guy like Colt Mccoy who was drafted in the third round would be an instant improvement over Matty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Sounds to me like he has proven something to you. If you are going to call him a bust then you have to say that about pretty much every other player on the team as they lost 12 games as a team. Give the guy a chance, he won 11 games as a starter with NE. (I know, I know, much better team in NE) but why say he is below average when he has won 15 NFL games in two years? That seems pretty good to me.

Maybe its the way you posed question that makes it sound like the Chiefs are idiots and the QB sucks. If u had said, "who got the better deal in the NE trade?" that would seem like a fair question.
    Dear sir, Matt has proven he can look good on a great team. I think he's a good back up but a average at best but most likely below average starter.

Dear sir, Matt has proven he can look good on a great team. I think he's a good back up but a average at best but most likely below average starter.
    Time to start the "Put in Brodie!" campaign up again!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I respect Weis but I also feel sorry for him he's got a lot of work. Let me ask you question aside from being able to take a hit and having heart wich I respect Matt Cassel for (but that alone does not win games) what is Matt Cassel good at? I mean does he possess a strong arm? Is he good at reading the defense? Does have good vision? I have to honestly answer no to all these questions. Maybe Matty boy will prove me wrong, but I personally think we could have picked up a guy think even guy like Colt Mccoy who was drafted in the third round would be an instant improvement over Matty boy.
    Cassel is a blue collar work ethic guy and that will win games.

To me personally I'd answer he is a work in progress rather than no to those questions. Firing the oc and basically trashing the fifty or so practices matt had done since he got to kc right before the season really put him in one hell of a hole. I saw improvement last year where many did not in those areas, he had flashes of brilliance and flashes of stupidity both. I agree the pats made him look better than he was, however I get what pioli and co are saying about picking up a guy that is from a similar system to what they are building in kc.

In reading defenses I doubt he will ever be the caliber of say manning but I think he took a lot of hits trying to let a play develope that honestly the entire offense was slow on last year.

Accuracy well I'd split that 33/33/34 -Cassel, the seven starting wide outs we had last year dropping balls and our first year hc/oc.

I think cassel can throw the ball far enough to have a deep threat in bowe, once we get a running game teams respect.

Colt has all the tools to be a great qb I think, to me at the qb position I would rather have a guy with 11 games at NFL speed under his belt. Matt is just now a third year starter, Charlie saying he is seeing improvement accross the board at qb is a great sign.

I think this is a make or break year for matt. If wies had not come in he would probably be out after this year. I still believe he will have more games like the four wins we put together last year than everyone thinks he will.

I don't believe it's fair, reasonable, nor logical, to judge Cassell as being a good, poor, or even possibly a great QB...based upon last seasons stats. There are by far too many negative factors that were out of Cassell's control.

1) Firing of the OC right before the season
    2) With the firing of the OC, the playbook Matt had familiarized himself with was thrown out, had to start from scratch & be ready in a couple weeks I think it was?
    3) Drama in the locker room & among the team, with the LJ fiasco. Drama, bad publicity...affects a team as a whole, as well as individual players...Cassell being no exception. These guys are human first, professional atheletes second. They have emotions, worries, stress, just like the rest of us do...when there's a problem among the team due to a locker room drama/cancer.
    4) LJ's being let go, the #1 RB's game Cassell was most familiar with...having to readjust to Charles. The offense is affected negatively in most cases, when a key player is lost.
    5) Dwayne Bowes suspension...another 'change' Cassell had to adapt to unexpected. Chris Chambers being brought in, Cassell having to learn yet another new players game, timing, etc..
    6) Poor offensive line protection, being hit time & time again, etc..
    7) QB of a team with one of, if not...the highest number of dropped balls & missing catchable balls.
    8) First year with a new team
    9) First year with new coaches & GM
    10) Under constant negative criticism publicly, including being booed & heckled by Chiefs fans in attendance at games.

Am I forgetting any other obstacles?...as if the above wasn't enough, haha. Oh yeah...I 'think' he became a daddy for the first time last season too, didn't he?

Holy QB pressure nightmare Batman!...considering all of the obstacles he faced last season...Cassell did exceptionally well, and managed to do so without being injured. I have to wonder what even Joe Montana's stats would be under all those negative factors. As well, speaking of Joe Montana...he didn't reveal greatness until his 5th year as a Veteran. A QB can only be as good as the team, coaches, and environment surrounding him is.

Matt Cassell was one of the few, if not the only Chief who dedicated himself to work daily on improving his game and team during the off season. He took no time off.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

i have to interject... everyone here knows that since day one I have been skeptic of cassell. I made a descision after hearing about getting a new OC and some weapons that I would shut my mouth about my thoughts on Cassell.. This off season this guy has done everything right and in camp he has been almost perfect.
    I feel like this guy even given the things since last season that has happened should as a Chiefs fan just sit back relax and let the &%&% up a bit. There are a great deal of things to get excited about and some things to worry about like our d and o lines with in my own opinion CAssell is one of our least worries..

Besides I always have my Brodie chomping at the bit and healthy...lol

WHY DO I BOTHER READING YOUR THREADS. LAME LAME LAME.

If we won the superbowl, figrostic would complain its not by enough points.
    Resident Ambassador!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast