Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loss for the Chiefs?

Default Biggest Loss for the Chiefs?

What's the biggest, most painful loss that the Cheifs endured?

-Scout

Feel the rush...

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    herm Edwards and LJ
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

herm Edwards and LJ
    With out Herm, I might have never known why we play.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I"]YouTube- ‪Herm Edwards- Greatest Coach Ever!‬‎[/ame]
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

herm Edwards and LJ
    Those two names make me want to punch my computer screen

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Derrick Thomas
    absolutely! has to be #1

The 95-96 Playoff loss to the Colts was one of the ugliest games ever. Lin Elliott had 3 chances, KC was intercepted 3 times, even Marcus Allen fumbled inside the 10! Colts won 10-7. I've heard so many stories of after that game- from the perfect circle of a beer bottle (it was so cold out, the window didn't shatter) thrown through a guy's own car window, to kicking a hot coffee on other fans at the stadium in a fit of rage- it was such a horribly frustrating and bitter loss.
    As for players, I thought the injury to Sylvester Morris, who at 6' 3" was the last "prototype" receiver, was a big one, which short circuited the potential for an even more explosive offensive balance. He averaged over 14yds a catch in his 1st season and was set to truly break out when his career was ended by Knee injuries.

I think this thread was meant for games not players?

Obviously, if its a player, well then, if you think that losing Donnie Edwards or Jared Allen was worse than the life of Derrick Thomas, then you are sick. I think it goes without saying that he is the greatest loss ever to the Chiefs player or coach wise. So lets re direct the thread...

I think it also goes without saying that Lin Elliot is still the biggest doucher that ever walked the earth after his "laces out" performance that ended our season. He didn't just miss the field goals. He missed the extra points. I still get sick when I say the name out loud.

Poor guy. Part of me feels bad for him. But part of me still wants his leg cut off, deep fried and served as a Thanksgiving dinner to his mother.
    Resident Ambassador!

FYI i was kidding about my 2 picks..although i did like Herm but he failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    I think this thread was meant for games not players?

Obviously, if its a player, well then, if you think that losing Donnie Edwards or Jared Allen was worse than the life of Derrick Thomas, then you are sick. I think it goes without saying that he is the greatest loss ever to the Chiefs player or coach wise. So lets re direct the thread...

I think it also goes without saying that Lin Elliot is still the biggest doucher that ever walked the earth after his "laces out" performance that ended our season. He didn't just miss the field goals. He missed the extra points. I still get sick when I say the name out loud.

Poor guy. Part of me feels bad for him. But part of me still wants his leg cut off, deep fried and served as a Thanksgiving dinner to his mother.
    In that case the '97-'98 season playoff loss to the Donks who went on to win it all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Derrick Thomas
    DT was my first thought too when reading the question.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalchief91 View Post
    DT then Jared Allen..
    Jared Allen definitely a second thought!

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    If you are talking games to me it would have to be the '69 loss the fins in the playoffs the longest game and the last game in muni staduim.
    I agree, terrible heartbreaking loss, yet I also have a contradictory thoughts. On one hand it's a greatest loss for KC, but on the other a huge victory for the NFL history books. A record was set for the longest game in NFL history, of which still stands, and our Chiefs are one of two teams setting that record. At least our Chiefs gave it their all, played their hearts out...which in that aspect, we won.

As well, had the Chiefs won that game...there would be no team in NFL history to have a record perfect season...no defeats, including the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl. That's a pretty awesome record, and historical NFL event, even if not our Chiefs...of which has a slim to no chance of ever happening again. Hey, we witnessed it too...many weren't born yet, haha.

I dunno, difficult for me to think of the longest game in NFL history negatively when so much NFL history resulted...history including our Chiefs. :)

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    1997 divisional playoffs when that idiot elvis grbac beat us playing on our own team. The donks were there too.
    Well, can't blame that one just on Grbac. He didn't make the 'dumb' decision to start over Gannon, who had led the Chiefs to that divisional playoff game, as a result of Grbacs injury.

As well, the Bronco's cheated the entire 1997 season. Beginning with violating draft rules related to the 97 draft, being fined by the NFL as a result...to wearing the wrong color jersey's deliberately when playing against San Diego to confuse the Chargers, being fined by the NFL for that cheat also...to some Donks spraying their jersey's with Pam prior to playing our Chiefs in that playoff game, another slap on the wrist fine by the NFL.

Those players should've been ejected from the game, but were only told to change their jersey's at half time. Denver didn't honorably win the Super Bowl 97/98...they cheated repeatedly to obtain the Lombardi.

This game in my mind, is the greatest loss relating to a game.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Dt for player for sure

95 playoff loss to the colts the Chiefs had a big chance to win a superbowl and a Kicker blew it
    Oh...another greatest loss related to a game. This one ranks #2 with me. The 97 playoff game against the Donks ranks as #1 greatest game lost. The reason it ranks higher for me, is because it was against our division rival...the cheating Dirty Donks.

herm Edwards and LJ

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    As well, had the Chiefs won that game...there would be no team in NFL history to have a record perfect season...no defeats, including the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl. That's a pretty awesome record, and historical NFL event, even if not our Chiefs...of which has a slim to no chance of ever happening again. Hey, we witnessed it too...many weren't born yet, haha.

The Dolphins perfect season was actually a year later ('72-'73) They lost to Dallas in SB VI after the Christmas day game with us. They won back to back SB in '72-'73 and '73-'74 seasons(VII and VIII)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast