Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How good are you feeling about the Chiefs this year?

Default How good are you feeling about the Chiefs this year?

With Denver's injury issues, the Chargers holdouts, and Oaklands question marks, I feel the Chiefs have a very good chance to land a wildcard. Hell, there is an outside chance they can win the division.

What do you think?

If we cannot stretch the field with some 20+ passes then all the opposing team needs to do in stuff the middle and we are cooked. Longest completion against TB 17 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by billb40 View Post
    If we cannot stretch the field with some 20+ passes then all the opposing team needs to do in stuff the middle and we are cooked. Longest completion against TB 17 yards.

i agree 100% if we don not take our shots down field.all you have to do to stop us is stack the box stuff the run and give up 2 yard receptions.i just hope the offense is leaving that part of the playbook out so far

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i agree 100% if we don not take our shots down field.all you have to do to stop us is stack the box stuff the run and give up 2 yard receptions.i just hope the offense is leaving that part of the playbook out so far
    The Chiefs were not completing 2 yards passes. We were more times than none in 2nd and short situations. You can put 8 guysn in the box and make the QB beat you by passing, and for the most part Cassel did by hitting his hot routes. Gaining 7 yards on every blitz will eventually stop the team from blitzing.

I guess Cassel could have held the ball a couple second longer so the WR could get deeper in hopes that his average O-line picked up the blitz and possibly risk injury just to stretch the field and make a few fans happy, or they could actully read what the defense is giving them and take it down the field for a 10 minute drive and TD.

Given the time Cassel did throw the ball down field to his receivers. He did it a bunch late last season to Chambers for success.

I don't know why anyone is complaining about Cassel and the performance of the offense from the Starters on Saturday. Other than the fumble by Jones they executed very well.

last year they all did that to us the first 8 games ..stacking the box. then we opened up the offense Charles went crazy and all was looking better.. You have to open it up or they will continue to stack the box on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    last year they all did that to us the first 8 games ..stacking the box. then we opened up the offense Charles went crazy and all was looking better.. You have to open it up or they will continue to stack the box on us.
    We also signed Chambers about the same time Charles got the start. Having him on the team gave Cassel some confidence in his receivers. We went deep before, but the receivers were not reliable. I mean Bobby Wade... Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    We also signed Chambers about the same time Charles got the start. Having him on the team gave Cassel some confidence in his receivers. We went deep before, but the receivers were not reliable. I mean Bobby Wade... Seriously.
    It still freaks me out that Bobby Wade was the #1 receiver for some games......

And people wonder why we stunk on offense at times.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

6-7 wins.

I still think due to our weak schedule we can win 10 games this year, if cassell pulls head outa buttox...Our D needs to play all year like they did in the 2nd qtr of Philli game..

I feel that they have a good chance of getting into the playoffs but getting past the first playoff game is the key.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think the division or a wild card is in the works this season. Of course I'd be more then happy to dine on crow regarding this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast