Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: A new attitude

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Wink A new attitude


    0 Not allowed!
    I think that all Chiefs fans have to have a new additude and look and this years team in a new perspective. This is the new Chiefs. They are not going to take risks they are not going to go downfield on first and ten they are going to run short pass run and if they don't make oh well. It is going to be about ball control and not making mistakes. The defense is the new corner stone in KC. In years past it was the high scoreing running and gunning offense. That is not how Herm plays. We need to be excited when the defense comes on and we KNOW big plays are coming and praying for a break when the offense comes on. There are not going to be very many 30 point games in Kanas City's future. I just hope everyone realizes this and gives the defense the same support that we have given a stellar offense in years past. I think the defense played very well against a good Bears team. The score is definatley deciveing. GD Devin Hester, but what you going to do? KC just needs to quit shooting themselves in the foot. A touchdown called back for and Illegal shift, give me a break. That is something that should be automatic. That should have never happened. Penaltys and turnovers are what stoped a KC win tonight. They have all the tallent, they just need to put it together.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I have no fear when the defense comes out on the field, I just wish the coaching staff would let the offense play to its potential.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Offense would have been more than enough in both games say for umpteen droped passes, fumbles, third and short penaltys, touchdown called back on a beauitful play. Chiefs offense looks 10times worse that it acutally is. Take away all the un-characteristic mistakes and KC is 2-0

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chabrunb@yahoo.com View Post
    I think that all Chiefs fans have to have a new additude and look and this years team in a new perspective. This is the new Chiefs. They are not going to take risks they are not going to go downfield on first and ten they are going to run short pass run and if they don't make oh well. It is going to be about ball control and not making mistakes. The defense is the new corner stone in KC. In years past it was the high scoreing running and gunning offense. That is not how Herm plays. We need to be excited when the defense comes on and we KNOW big plays are coming and praying for a break when the offense comes on. There are not going to be very many 30 point games in Kanas City's future. I just hope everyone realizes this and gives the defense the same support that we have given a stellar offense in years past. I think the defense played very well against a good Bears team. The score is definatley deciveing. GD Devin Hester, but what you going to do? KC just needs to quit shooting themselves in the foot. A touchdown called back for and Illegal shift, give me a break. That is something that should be automatic. That should have never happened. Penaltys and turnovers are what stoped a KC win tonight. They have all the tallent, they just need to put it together.
    What a bull**** post. If a team sucks at offense, the easiest thing for a coach to say is that "we are focusing on our defense."

    Whoever said defense wins games is full of ****

    it is the combination of defense and offense that wins games, not defense and not offense. You have to be GREAT on both sides of the ball. Conservative play will never get you far.

    who was the last team that did well in the playoffs playing conservative?

    Chiefs need to start Brody, start mixing up play calling on first down, and start throwing deep passes.

    The Chiefs defense is not good enough to win games like the Bears defense won so many games last year.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Killer City, KS
    Posts
    1,497
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post

    Chiefs need to start Brody, start mixing up play calling on first down, and start throwing deep passes.
    AMEN to that one. Mix it in with running LJ on 3rd downs. And as for deep passes, that's what we drafted D. BOWE for right? He is the starting receiver if im not correct.

    and not to forget TONYGUN......

    THROW THAT BALL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chabrunb@yahoo.com View Post
    Offense would have been more than enough in both games say for umpteen droped passes, fumbles, third and short penaltys, touchdown called back on a beauitful play. Chiefs offense looks 10times worse that it acutally is. Take away all the un-characteristic mistakes and KC is 2-0

    these are the excuses i cannot stand. we did what we did. i am sure the bears can look back at little stuff like that.

    that is the wrong way to look at a game. cause every game is like this. the key is WE DID jack up on the little things.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    What a bull**** post. If a team sucks at offense, the easiest thing for a coach to say is that "we are focusing on our defense."

    Whoever said defense wins games is full of ****

    it is the combination of defense and offense that wins games, not defense and not offense. You have to be GREAT on both sides of the ball. Conservative play will never get you far.

    who was the last team that did well in the playoffs playing conservative?


    Chiefs need to start Brody, start mixing up play calling on first down, and start throwing deep passes.

    The Chiefs defense is not good enough to win games like the Bears defense won so many games last year.

    Easy there Sea Biscuit.

    Agreed; it does take solid play on both sides of the ball.

    And, to answer your question: the 2000 Ravens; I think they were SB Champs that year IIRC.


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Easy there Sea Biscuit.

    Agreed; it does take solid play on both sides of the ball.

    And, to answer your question: the 2000 Ravens; I think they were SB Champs that year IIRC.

    ok ravens. they were studs. we are not studs on defense. we are just a good defense, not a great defense.

    my plan that i am proposing will give us a shot to win many games this year. It is quiet different from the plan used in the first two games and last year's playoff game.

    It involves mixing up plays (like normal teams do) and having balance in everything from running and passing, to relying on defense and relying on offense.

    If the Chiefs were an offensive powerhouse that had terrible defenses and lost many games 35 to 42....at least they would be fun to watch....but a losing team that focuses on defense? WOW!!!!!! i would rather twittle my thumbs than watch that **** ball. The game is more than just W and L it is also to provide entertainment. So if you are going to be a losing team, you should at least throw some entertainment in there every once in a while, maybe pass the ball for more than 10 yards, i know that sounds crazy to do, but maybe try it sometime.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    ok ravens. they were studs. we are not studs on defense. we are just a good defense, not a great defense.

    my plan that i am proposing will give us a shot to win many games this year. It is quiet different from the plan used in the first two games and last year's playoff game.

    It involves mixing up plays (like normal teams do) and having balance in everything from running and passing, to relying on defense and relying on offense.

    If the Chiefs were an offensive powerhouse that had terrible defenses and lost many games 35 to 42....at least they would be fun to watch....but a losing team that focuses on defense? WOW!!!!!! i would rather twittle my thumbs than watch that **** ball. The game is more than just W and L it is also to provide entertainment. So if you are going to be a losing team, you should at least throw some entertainment in there every once in a while, maybe pass the ball for more than 10 yards, i know that sounds crazy to do, but maybe try it sometime.
    I like defensive football. I agree that it would be nice to score more points in a game, but I would rather see the Chiefs D takin heads off then watching two guys play catch. Defensive football is not "****" look at the Chiefs of the 90's
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,839
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    What a bull**** post. If a team sucks at offense, the easiest thing for a coach to say is that "we are focusing on our defense."

    Whoever said defense wins games is full of ****

    it is the combination of defense and offense that wins games, not defense and not offense. You have to be GREAT on both sides of the ball. Conservative play will never get you far.

    who was the last team that did well in the playoffs playing conservative?

    Chiefs need to start Brody, start mixing up play calling on first down, and start throwing deep passes.

    The Chiefs defense is not good enough to win games like the Bears defense won so many games last year.
    Very true, but dont' forget special teams...special teams was essentially the difference today. Herm tries to play a "field position" game, which works great if you can master defense and special teams. And it is more than having a special returner (i.e. Hester), it is also installing an attitude on your special teams group of success, aggressiveness and intelligent play. Keep to your lanes, block like it counts and hold the line.

    Chicago and Baltimore for the past few years have shown you can win without an offense, but you have to control the other 2 facets of the game.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •