Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not all bad in the first game.

Default Not all bad in the first game.

Ok I no in the next day or two there will most likely be alot of posters on here talking about how terrible the game was and how this proves the sky is falling. Let me beat them and talk about some of the good things that I saw no matter how little there was lol. While I can't say that there was alot that made me think there has been improvement there is some.

Charles and Dexter both looked really good while they were in. If they had stuck to the run game they might have been able to get a TD there in the first half.

The kick return game was much better then it had been in the past few seasons. Maybe since Hall was tearing it up returning kicks.

The run D after the first drive was much better then a year ago. I don't no if it was so much the Chiefs as it was that Turner was done but it did look better.

So theres the good I saw there is A LOT to work on but its not all bad. Hopefuly we see a much better outing next week against Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    I watched the game lastnight on the re-air and DVR.

Cassel did not hold the ball to long, he just had 0 time period. Once again the right side of the line is a joke. O'Callahan cannot run a rusher past cassel to save his life. And i Will have to rewatch but i couldn't tell if it was Lilja or Niswanger that was the other gaping hole. Left side looked decent the rush would come and Albert would struggle abit but atleast keep them off Cassel for the first couple seconds.
    Once Croyle Came in ATL kept most their starting D in and Colin Brown looked 100% better than O'Callahan. He had a good punch off the line.. Used good leverage and ran rushers past Croyle like your supposed to.. If he does not start at RT soon i'm going to be very upset. Richardson didn't look that bad at LT either so maybe start him at RT aswell soon.

Thomas Jones i do not think is going to work out with our OL. It's going to look the exact same as LJ. This line just cannot bully a DL like they need to for a bruiser.

Defense looked horrible first go around. But they stiffened up.. I REALLY was impressed with Lokey.. He was getting some good push for the NT. Everyone else i though played decent and we were getting some pressure on both QB's just not getting there before the quick releases to dump off. We need to do a better job of covering the TE's and RB's to make the QB hold the ball for 1 more second.

Not to dissappointed just need to work on some things and i think move some OL starters to the back of the line or call the ravens and say we want gaither NOW!
    Callaghan clearly got beat, but I counted the seconds on the replay that Cassel had the ball, and I got 4 seconds. Normally, that ball needs to be out in 3, but it was a 4-man rush.

I agree with everything else.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

[quote=fairladyZ;196150] I REALLY was impressed with Lokey.. He was getting some good push for the NT.quote]

It would be nice if he or someone else can step up at NT, and give us a bit of a presence in the middle

K just rewatched the game again and timed every cassel drop back with a stop watch.

First drop back incomplete to chambers for about 15yrd out with a guy on his back...2.4... Pressure from right side

Second pass. Complete to Pope for 3 yard out..Safety blitz directly thru in matts face making him flintch as soon as he let the ball go...2.3... Pressure from right side

#3.. Shotgun.. Cassel looking down field. Left end gets around O'Callahan and swats ball away as cassel goes to throw...2.5second

#4 Shotgun snap. Cassel throws to left complete to chambers for 7 yards.... 2.3 seconds no pressure

#5 Shotgun snap cassel throws to left for Charles for 6yrd gain. No pressure. 2 seconds.

#6 Shotgun cassel rolls to left and dumbs to Castille running infront of him for a little screen. Gain of 6.. 2.3 seconds running to left no pressure.

#7 Cassel shotgun rolls to his right with defender in his face throws to jamaal on a little out screen for 6 yards. 2.3 seconds.

#8 Cassel takes snap drops back looking for Pope on a 12 yrd in and overthrows as he gets smaked by a defender from the right end getting around castille cause for some reason o'callahan doubled the tackle and let the FB take on the right end. 2.8 seconds.

#9 Shotgun snap. 2 backers blitz and instantly thru. Recievers only make it about 5 yrds up the feild before cassel has to tuck ball and is swarmed. Cassel tried to throw to Pope but Pope was not even turned around yet on his 5yrd out. Pressure up middle from niswanger. 1.9seconds cassel goes down.

#10 Cassel takes snap and drops back is flushed forward as he gets some pressure from the Left side. Runs almost to line of scrimmage and dumps off to Battle for gain of about 3yrds. 3.5 Seconds..2.4 Seconds is how much he had till he had to run forward.

All these were timed with a stopwatch. All were started as soon as the ball moved for the center hike and stopped as soon as cassel released the ball or tucked it for cover. If there was a blitz i wrote it in the notes. If i don't say blitz it's just a 4 man rush.

If anyone is not doing anything like me and has it DVR'd then by all means double check me
    Last edited by fairladyZ; 08-14-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Just for fun did some or Croyles with the changed OL.

#1 croyle rolls to right and pass complete to Cox for about 5 yrds. 3.1 seconds

#2 Croyle drops back has 0 pressure throws to mccluster for about 4 yrds as mccluster gets some Yac. 2.3 seconds

#3 Brodie snaps takes 1 step back and throws to left to Urban for gain of about 4yrds. 1 second. No Pressure.

#4 Shotgun snap Brodie gets prssure from Blitz from middle as saftey Blitzes on left side and a backer up the middle. Brodie backs up and throws incomplete to Moore at line of scrimmage.. 2.2 seconds

#5 Shotgun snap brodie stays back but starts getting pressure form the left side. Line is still holding blocks but collapsing on the left so croyle moves up and finally decided to tuck and run for 1st. 3.8 seconds till he tucked and ran.

#6 Shotgun snap croyle looking down field but dumps to Moore as he slides out of the backfield to the left for gain of 3yrds. 2.4 seconds no pressure

#7 Shotgun snap Croyle has some time but pocket begins to collapse abit on right side so croyle checks down to Pope crossing about 2 yards infront of line of scrimmage. 3.1 seconds as soon as croyle lets go he's got a defender on his back. From Right guard Asomoah.

#8 Shotgun quick pass to McCluster but he drops it. 1 second no pressure.

#9 Shotgun snap croyle finds mccluster crossing about 5 yrds. No pressure. 2.0 seconds.

#10 Shotgun croyle finds McCluster on about a 5yrd out.. Croyle had to slide just abit from pressure on right side and colin moved the end past. Croyle steps up and to the right and fires. 2.5 seconds.

#11 Shotgun snap Croyle is immedietly faced with a rusher from Asomoah as he wiffed. Croyle has to elude him at 1.6 seconds and then takes another step forward and sidearms incomplete for McCluster who drops.

#12 Shotgun snap Croyle has time no pressure and finds Pope on a curl at about 15yrds and pope drops it Ball would have been at the 5 yrd line. 2.8 seconds.

#13 Shotgun Pass Croyle gets instant pressure once again as Asomoah gets beat by a bull rusher with speed. Also Right end is getting by Brown. Croyle dumps to Moore at about 6 yrds to gets some YAC to the 2 yrd line. 2.4 seconds....

Kick FG..

Those were all the pass plays of the first half guys.

Alright you got me, I just watched the highlight of the sack Callaghan gave up, and it was about 2.5 sec. Still would've been nice to see Cassel have some pocket presence there.

Well, I hope the quick passing game will come with time.

Our blocking was just plain bad. Constant pressure, from all directions, and no run-blocking.

If it weren't for the speed to get outside, we likely wouldn't have had anything on offense.

However, if we make that outside running game primary, then defenses will have to make adjustments to slow that down.

I am still quite hopeful that those adjustments will be made, and we will be able to take advantage of it through the passing game and inside running attack.

The run defense looked the same as before, but the passing defense looked pretty tough.

All in all, it was only a couple of plays, and the first action they have had this year.

None of it is really worthy of criticism. But we have to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, I hope the quick passing game will come with time.

Our blocking was just plain bad. Constant pressure, from all directions, and no run-blocking.

If it weren't for the speed to get outside, we likely wouldn't have had anything on offense.

However, if we make that outside running game primary, then defenses will have to make adjustments to slow that down.

I am still quite hopeful that those adjustments will be made, and we will be able to take advantage of it through the passing game and inside running attack.

The run defense looked the same as before, but the passing defense looked pretty tough.

All in all, it was only a couple of plays, and the first action they have had this year.

None of it is really worthy of criticism. But we have to do something.
    You have to admit, though, things did improve as the game went along. The Falcons only put together one good drive that ended in a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I think people are overreacting a tad. Sure, we could've been better, but it's not like we were an embarrassment. Anyone see the Hall of Fame game? The Cowboys or Bengals didn't look all that good either.

Usually in these preseason games, the offense tries to establish one thing and work on something else in the rest of the games. It was, obviously, the run.
    Yup, it's PRESEASON.

dammit
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    dammit
    Double H!! how's it going?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast