Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 of the same?

Default 2 of the same?

So while I like this guy, does it seem to anyone else like McCluster is a carbon copy of Jamaal Charles? They look like the same guy out there. Don't get me wrong, I like how the kid runs, don't think he can carry the load because of his size, but why did we draft this type of player with our 2nd? Depth? Returns? I'm definetely not sure of this pick after seeing them both in action on the same field. Along the same line kind of, Thomas Jones may be in some trouble if the O line is not better. Hopefully it was just some jitters, getting comfortable with each other etc. Three more games to gel I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Isnt that why we have Thomas Jones?
    Thomas Jones 5"10 212
    Brandon Jacobs 6"4 264 big difference

DMC is listed as WR I believe...
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Thomas Jones 5"10 212
    Thomas Jones is still our big back to pound it in while Charles is the speed guy.

If you want to compare the two RBs I would still take Jones over Jacobs. TJ has but up well over 1100 yards in each of his last three seasons while Jacobs has struggled to get to 1000. There are plenty of holes on this team but the RB position is not one of them.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Thomas Jones is still our big back to pound it in while Charles is the speed guy.

If you want to compare the two RBs I would still take Jones over Jacobs. TJ has but up well over 1100 yards in each of his last three seasons while Jacobs has struggled to get to 1000. There are plenty of holes on this team but the RB position is not one of them.
    ...This!

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    We should be lining McCluster up in the slot full-time. After he's learned to be a good WR, then we can start worrying about gadgeting him or playing him at RB. Everyone who says that he's a clone of Charles is basically right. Having two scatbacks in the backfield won't confuse anyone, any more than having two burner WRs lining up confuses defenses.
    The fact that they are both lined up in the backfield may not be confusing, but it will make it a little easier to misdirect the defense. Besides, it gives you options based on how the defense lines up.

It's all up to the coordinator to figure out how to use this to our advantage. I think Weiss will be more than capable of figuring out how to accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Thomas Jones 5"10 212
    Also, Jacobs can't stay healthy. There's a reason. Big RBs rarely can. Especially tall ones. Their legs are too long and they have an increased chance of injury when being tackled low.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Jacobs. Too one dimensional. It's obviously a run when he's in the game. Pioli/Haley seem to really value versatile guys.

I agree 100 percent all I was saying is Jacobs is a huge man. I think Jones is better RB all around but Jacobs is very effective in gaining short yardage he just doesn't have the speed and elusiveness of Jones but horsepower wise Jacobs is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...This!
    yup we are definetly strong at the RB position.

Most teams would kill to have one Charles' type back. We may have two. The concern around Charles has been durability due to his size. Having 'two' of this guy on our team along Jones make this team very dangerous on the ground.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast