Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After watching the Miami game

Default After watching the Miami game

I'm still mad we traded Tyler. We didn't get S for him, I think he was better QB then Croyle and Cassel. Maybe he wasn't the protypical QB but I really liked the guy he was a tough SOB had better accuracy and you remember when he lined up as WR and caught the pass from Mark Bradley for TD that was awesome! Tyler turned a horrible season into a very watchable season. You all know my feelings on Cassel as a QB so lets not even get into that, but if we were going to have a QB run for his life behind a crappy O-line why not get a guy that can actually make the game watchable and is actually cheap. I know I know but it had to be said.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 08-16-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    and so would we throwing him in with mccluster, charles, and jones.

We will do alright wildcat without him, but hes perfect for it.

Though, really, its just another in a line of 'I wish we had him backs'

chalk em up with JA and Pollard and lets move on~
    And Jared Allen

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Such a cop out, The fins want the same thing as us to win games. I would actually argue Matt Cassell is much better in for New England then as a Chief.
    That is far from a cop out. Teams have diffrent offense they have diffrent ways of doing things. Did you see last years preseason. Thigpen did not look good while he was in there. He was overthrowing guys like crazy. It was going so badly for him they were going to move him to WR. Thigpen was just not right for Haleys system. It was best to move him.

Is it that bad that some are now wishing Thigpen was back on our team? WOW is all I can say!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Is it that bad that some are now wishing Thigpen was back on our team? WOW is all I can say!!
    Thigpen is a good guy to have if you have a bad OL. He's agile and athletic, and throws decently on the run. His problem is that he doesn't do well in traditional offenses. And he'd be miserable in a precision passing offense like the one Weis is implementing. If we were willing to be flexible if Cassel goes down, Thigpen would be a perfect backup. If we want to stick to Weis's offense no matter what, he isn't.

Frankly, I just like the guy. He's smart, works hard, and is well liked by his teammates. I also trust him to stay healthy, which I absolutely don't with Brodie Croyle.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Thigpen is a good guy to have if you have a bad OL. He's agile and athletic, and throws decently on the run. His problem is that he doesn't do well in traditional offenses. And he'd be miserable in a precision passing offense like the one Weis is implementing. If we were willing to be flexible if Cassel goes down, Thigpen would be a perfect backup. If we want to stick to Weis's offense no matter what, he isn't.

Frankly, I just like the guy. He's smart, works hard, and is well liked by his teammates. I also trust him to stay healthy, which I absolutely don't with Brodie Croyle.
    You can't have an offense for one guy and another for your back up. Besides, if your keeping a guy simply because your O line is bad, your keeping him for the wrong reasons.

You can't have an offense for one guy and another for your back up. Besides, if your keeping a guy simply because your O line is bad, your keeping him for the wrong reasons.
    Sure you can. The Eagles do, for an obvious example.

And keeping a mobile QB because your OL is bad is the right reason if the front office refuses to fix the OL. How long do you think Brodie Croyle can survive behind the current OL? Two weeks? One week? A quarter? If 2008 is any indiciation, it's closest to the latter.

And Jared Allen

JA = jared allen :P

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Sure you can. The Eagles do, for an obvious example.

And keeping a mobile QB because your OL is bad is the right reason if the front office refuses to fix the OL. How long do you think Brodie Croyle can survive behind the current OL? Two weeks? One week? A quarter? If 2008 is any indiciation, it's closest to the latter.
    Now we're comparing Thigpen to Vick or Kolb? When the back up comes in for the Chiefs, whoever it is, they need to employ the K.I.S.S theory. If that's a different offense then I guess I agree but I believe you can still run the same offense but utilize the check down more than you would with the starter in. Two TE sets for extra protection etc..

Now we're comparing Thigpen to Vick or Kolb? When the back up comes in for the Chiefs, whoever it is, they need to employ the K.I.S.S theory. If that's a different offense then I guess I agree but I believe you can still run the same offense but utilize the check down more than you would with the starter in. Two TE sets for extra protection etc..
    Given that our current offense is going to be a precision-oriented, complex passing game, yes, a simplified, run heavy, max protect offense would be a radical departure. At least as much of one as a pistol or spread offense.

True, but he was also just as good as Matt Cassel behind our O-line
    Ding Ding Ding... There is the answer.. I don't care who the QB is. No one will look good behind this O-line. Including Thomas Jones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast