Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Huard for now

Default Keep Huard for now

You guys wanted him, you got him. On some of the sites I've been on, there have been tons of Huard supporters throwing in their towels and saying to start Croyle. Their reasoning? We're 0-2. Big friggin' deal. Didn't we start 0-2 last year?

Huard's overthrown and underthrown some balls this year, but that's not unlike last year. His first receiver isn't open, and he seems to panic. He threw a lot of balls on the slant today. That might work if our O-line was better. Maybe he just needs more time to develop into a starting QB. He's 34, so he's worth the time and effort, right? I mean, he did so good last year, right?

If we're going to be as bad as people seem to think we are, we might as well caudle our backup QB so He'll be better next year. He's not ready for the NFL defense.

[/sarcasm]
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    you are correct, gay men cannot be real men.

not sure how y ou havent figured that out yet.
    I wouldn't start on the whole bashing on Mr. Canada thing just yet young buck. You might be gettin ginto something you want to have nothing to do with. I am not a Mod on this site but we don't take to lightly to the personal bashes. We are here to talk football, if you have other reasons to be here why don't you do everyone a favor and stop posting and go to some other site.

Chiefster, didn't mean to do your job but this is crap IMO
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Bulger is gay and he is a bad arse football player.Huard is not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    I wouldn't start on the whole bashing on Mr. Canada thing just yet young buck. You might be gettin ginto something you want to have nothing to do with. I am not a Mod on this site but we don't take to lightly to the personal bashes. We are here to talk football, if you have other reasons to be here why don't you do everyone a favor and stop posting and go to some other site.

Not a problem my friend, however, after going through all the replies leading up to this point in time, the feeling that I have is that there was some light hearted sparring back and forth between the two. I didn't see anything too out of hand here, but I appreciate you caring. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG ERN View Post
    Bulger is gay and he is a bad arse football player.Huard is not very good.
    Speaking from personal experience???
    j/k

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post

He's just a young punk kid who's still learning to spread his wings. He's still in the mindset that bashing people makes him look cool. He'll grow out of it, I'm sure.

:p

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    He's just a young punk kid who's still learning to spread his wings. He's still in the mindset that bashing people makes him look cool. He'll grow out of it, I'm sure.

:p

This coming from the Resident Crowd Crybaby Grouch?

(I'm kidding luv; don't hurt me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    This coming from the Resident Crowd Crybaby Grouch?

(I'm kidding luv; don't hurt me.)
    Well, I'll be damned. I wonder what else I can get the oh-so-wonderful mod, Guru, to label me as.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Well, I'll be damned. I wonder what else I can get the oh-so-wonderful mod, Guru, to label me as.

Oh, one never knows!

Back to the thread: Croyle looked good. Huard has definately looked tentative. I never want to see a guy get hurt but if Damon has to sit due to injury, it may save him some face as opposed to eventually getting benched because he can't get anything going.

It's still way too early to do that but Damon definately needs to start feeling the pressure to perform. He also needs to realize that we need to take a few more risks earlier in the game by going deep in order to keep the defense honest and so we have a chance of nabbing a quick score and maybe an early lead-- which really helps on the road.

IMO, plays like the flea-flicker the Chiefs ran should be done earlier in the game to get a quick lead, enabling us to go with our smash-the-ball-and-run-clock gameplan.

When you come out so vanilla at the beginning of a game, it's just like saying that you will go ahead and wait to spot the other team points and then play from behind. The best time to pass is when the defense thinks you'll run and vise versa. Once you are already down and forced into passing situations, it makes it way harder to execute and the possibilty of throwing interceptions is much higher.

While most of the fault for this would fall one Edwards and Solari, it does seem that Damon is also scared to go down the field some. I like Huard and was pulling for him to be the starter but he needs to take advantage of the opportunity he is getting and at least attempt to make some big plays. Especially earlier in games.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Back to the thread: Croyle looked good. Huard has definately looked tentative. I never want to see a guy get hurt but if Damon has to sit due to injury, it may save him some face as opposed to eventually getting benched because he can't get anything going.

It's still way too early to do that but Damon definately needs to start feeling the pressure to perform. He also needs to realize that we need to take a few more risks earlier in the game by going deep in order to keep the defense honest and so we have a chance of nabbing a quick score and maybe an early lead-- which really helps on the road.

IMO, plays like the flea-flicker the Chiefs ran should be done earlier in the game to get a quick lead, enabling us to go with our smash-the-ball-and-run-clock gameplan.

When you come out so vanilla at the beginning of a game, it's just like saying that you will go ahead and wait to spot the other team points and then play from behind. The best time to pass is when the defense thinks you'll run and vise versa. Once you are already down and forced into passing situations, it makes it way harder to execute and the possibilty of throwing interceptions is much higher.

While most of the fault for this would fall one Edwards and Solari, it does seem that Damon is also scared to go down the field some. I like Huard and was pulling for him to be the starter but he needs to take advantage of the opportunity he is getting and at least attempt to make some big plays. Especially earlier in games.
    I agree. We took more risks in the second half, and most of them would have paid off if it wasn't for penalties. If we would have taken those risks earlier in the game, we might've stood a better chance of winning. Herm seems to like the slow, steady, conservative game. What he fails to realize is that has never worked for us. We need to take a few more risks. The greater the risk, the greater the reward. We'l hit and miss, but practice makes perfect.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast