Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Huard for now

Default Keep Huard for now

You guys wanted him, you got him. On some of the sites I've been on, there have been tons of Huard supporters throwing in their towels and saying to start Croyle. Their reasoning? We're 0-2. Big friggin' deal. Didn't we start 0-2 last year?

Huard's overthrown and underthrown some balls this year, but that's not unlike last year. His first receiver isn't open, and he seems to panic. He threw a lot of balls on the slant today. That might work if our O-line was better. Maybe he just needs more time to develop into a starting QB. He's 34, so he's worth the time and effort, right? I mean, he did so good last year, right?

If we're going to be as bad as people seem to think we are, we might as well caudle our backup QB so He'll be better next year. He's not ready for the NFL defense.

[/sarcasm]
    Everything happens for a reason.

Ummmm, I wanted Croyle in there from the start. So hell yeah I want him in there now.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Ummmm, I wanted Croyle in there from the start. So hell yeah I want him in there now.
    He doesn't play defense, therefore he does not exist in Herm's mind.

I don't want either of them!!!! I would rather have Garcia who was available in the off season. Not a stud by any stretch of the imagination but at least he has some experience and can move a little. However, we are back in the same situation wa have been in for a while....only 1 receiver and a tight end to throw it to!!

Imagine that. Huard gets the road games, then everyone wants to see Croyle get the cupcake game.

I am not phased. Huard has stillearned his opportunity and I want to see it. Yes, he looks scared to throw deep. Herm being in control of your job would make you scared to throw deep too. Huard has made one interception that was his fault. And if you look at that play in slo-mo, it is aesy to see how he missed the defender. (With his eyes.) Huard hasn't played poorly. He has been playing Herms game.

Croyle looked good in the two-minute drill, for a couple of plays. Good. I was glad that he got to play. But don't look too deeply into what a guy does with a two-minute drill, when compared to a guy who played the rest of a football game against the regular Chicago Bears defense.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Imagine that. Huard gets the road games, then everyone wants to see Croyle get the cupcake game.

I am not phased. Huard has stillearned his opportunity and I want to see it. Yes, he looks scared to throw deep. Herm being in control of your job would make you scared to throw deep too. Huard has made one interception that was his fault. And if you look at that play in slo-mo, it is aesy to see how he missed the defender. (With his eyes.) Huard hasn't played poorly. He has been playing Herms game.

Croyle looked good in the two-minute drill, for a couple of plays. Good. I was glad that he got to play. But don't look too deeply into what a guy does with a two-minute drill, when compared to a guy who played the rest of a football game against the regular Chicago Bears defense.
    I'm still not seeing where he earned anything. He didn't even play in the last two preseason games. He does not appear to be the QB he was last year. Nothing ever seems to be his fault though. Weird.

I don't think he played too bad yesterday. There were some overthrown and underthrown passes, but he did manage to hit his mark on some key throws. I may not have wanted him to start, but I don't believe we should throw him out yet.

I agree. It's too early in the season to take the opportunity away from Damon. Plus, as you said, Brodie came in fresh after everybody else had played the whole game. He looked good but there may have been a contributing factor there other than his talent. IMO, Huard needs to start playing to please the fans instead of Herm Peterson. If he sees something he wants to take a shot at, he needs to try it. I don't care what our ignorant coach says, you have to score points to win games. When you get an early turnover on the road, you need to capitalize. To just run vanilla plays and get stopped, then give the ball back is like saying "Oh go ahead, we will spot you the first points of the game." Spotting any team 17 points on the road is not conducive to winning football games in the NFL.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I'm still not seeing where he earned anything. He didn't even play in the last two preseason games. He does not appear to be the QB he was last year. Nothing ever seems to be his fault though. Weird.

I don't think he played too bad yesterday. There were some overthrown and underthrown passes, but he did manage to hit his mark on some key throws. I may not have wanted him to start, but I don't believe we should throw him out yet.
    You are just trying to get me to irritate Canada by showing you where Huard earned the job. I am not going to do it. (You're welcome, canada.) Search the posts, it is all over the place around here.

Huard didn't earn the job. He inherited it.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

You are just trying to get me to irritate Canada by showing you where Huard earned the job. I am not going to do it. (You're welcome, canada.) Search the posts, it is all over the place around here.
    I know you're basing your decision off of last year. Have you seen him perform yet this year like he did last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Huard didn't earn the job. He inherited it.
    Exactly.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast