Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: positives frm tb game

Default positives frm tb game

i did not get to listen or watch the whole game.but from what it sounds like the number 1's faired pretty good offense and defense.the stat sheets dont look to bad charles averaged 5.8 ypc bowe caught 3 for 33 and cassell had a great qb rating 15 of 18 i think it was.can anybody feel me in on what else happened i will be able to watch it in full when nfl network re-airs it

Uhm cassel got sacked once and it was no where NEAR his fault or the lines as the bucs just brought to many to put a hat on. It was actually Charles fault for being late on the blitz pickup.

Palko got sacked once aswell.

I'm ok with a sac or 2 a game compared to last year.

sounds like there was some good improvemants i can not wait to watch the game

ive been impressed with the OL. looks much better. course these pre games they show vanilla plays
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    ive been impressed with the OL. looks much better. course these pre games they show vanilla plays

Ahhh, tis true.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Positives are that Cassel looked great and our OL looked good. Our starting run defense looked good as well.

Negatives are that we didn't get any pressure on the opposing QB, Matt Cassel can't stopped getting sacked, our pass defense was surprisingly poor, and that Tampa Bay's starters battled ours evenly despite being a bottom-3 team.
    I don't follow other teams like I do our Chiefs, so I could be off with my following thought.

Our Chiefs were a losing record team last season, along with Tampa. If our Chiefs have improved during the off season, as we believe they have...is it not possible Tampa has done the same? In other words...just because Tampa had a poor record last season, doesn't necessarily mean they will this season...same is true of our Chiefs. Therefore, possibly our starters vs their starters battling evenly...doesn't indicate a negative aspect, rather a positive...'IF' Tampa has improved during the off season, that is, haha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    Uhm cassel got sacked once and it was no where NEAR his fault or the lines as the bucs just brought to many to put a hat on. It was actually Charles fault for being late on the blitz pickup.

Palko got sacked once aswell.

I'm ok with a sac or 2 a game compared to last year.
    I mentioned that Charles was late on that blitz pickup in the GDT thread, of course everyone chalks it up to terrible o-line. I've been really impressed with the o-line, looking forward to seeing how they do against the Eagles.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    Don't forget Javier Arenas returning kicks. His job on special teams will affect the offense greatly. Having the field cut in half can do wonders for an offense that struggles.
    (Disclaimer) I didn't watch the game, just saw a summary on NFL.com and parts on SportCenter.

I also saw Cassel was accurate, but didn't have as many yards as I'd like to see. The tendency that I see is htrowing to TE's and RB's. Never breaking big plays, if the offense is going to be good, they skill guys need to make plays.

Ready for the season.....Go KC!
    he was throwing to the TE and RB because those were his hot routes. The Bucs blitzed him a bunch and those are usually his first read when looking at a blitz. That is what impressed me the most. He was reading the defense, calling it out and the executing it.

My positives -

Cassel looked very sharp. I don't care what you anti Cassel fans want to blame, he had a really good game and showed me some promise for the season. He was reading the defense, he played smart by throwing some balls away and even tucked it immediate when MCCluster was covered on a WR Screen.

The offense as a whole looked tons better. The offensive line held up for the most part and the running and passing game benefited from it.

Special teams look to be a bunch better from last year. Not just with Arenas, but covereage and blocking.

I think Belcher may be a better optin than Mays.

Negatives.
    I was not impressed with DJ again. I really wish he would just wow everyone like he did against Denver more consistently.

I was also not very impressed with D. Williams getting all pumped up for stopping a four yard gain against back ups. That to me is a succesful run and not something to praise yourself over.

While our starting secondary may be a strength, our depth is a weakness. Carr was some what a liability out there.

The positive thing is that we took a step forward, and not a step backward. The offense already looks to be more fluent and there was no point in last year's pre season where we could say that! I will be there Friday night hoping to see another big step forward!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I don't follow other teams like I do our Chiefs, so I could be off with my following thought.

Our Chiefs were a losing record team last season, along with Tampa. If our Chiefs have improved during the off season, as we believe they have...is it not possible Tampa has done the same? In other words...just because Tampa had a poor record last season, doesn't necessarily mean they will this season...same is true of our Chiefs. Therefore, possibly our starters vs their starters battling evenly...doesn't indicate a negative aspect, rather a positive...'IF' Tampa has improved during the off season, that is, haha.
    Not to start a flame war here, but how much (if any) the Chiefs improved this offseason is up for debate.

I think TB had a great draft, but they're easily 2-3 seasons away, and should be a bottom three team this season. Freeman will need time to grow, they have two rookie WRs and two rookie DTs. Not to mention they're in maybe the hardest division in the NFL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast