Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tampa Bay Game is as good

Default The Tampa Bay Game is as good

As Cassel will get. He honestly looked like a average NFL quaterback, but that's actually a compliment because it's a hard job. He threw some easy completions that looked nice and fluid, he didn't throw any interceptions, and while he didn't throw any deep balls he didn't need to. Matt Cassel is a C level quaterback and theres nothing wrong with that if you have an A plus line which we don't have but it's getting better. Everyone thinks I hate Matt Cassel. I don't I hate Matt he seems like a nice guy, but I do hate that we picked up him up in the situation we did. But I will give the man his dues he looked like an NFL QB against Tampa maybe. Tampa isn't that good but they are still beat 3 teams last year. I think the Matt Cassel we saw on saturday is the best he can get. Can we win with Matt? Yes. Can Matt win games for us? Most likely no. If we keep Matt which I think we will I hope we work on our line, because it was pretty sad. And can I get a for Jamaal, Mccluster, and Arenas as a returner, DB not so much.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 08-23-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Well.. I just wasted about 30 seconds of my day.
    Last edited by stricken721; 08-23-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Well.. I just wasted about 30 seconds of my day.
    Thanks for your insight

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Thanks for your insight
    No problem. A lot of your post I just have a hard time following. Especially how you say he played better, but then at the end you once again say he will not win us games.

Resident Celebrity

No problem. A lot of your post I just have a hard time following. Especially how you say he played better, but then at the end you once again say he will not win us games.
    What I meant by that and it's not letting me edit is: Matt Cassel is not going to win the game with his arm he's not Tom Brady. To me Kyle Orton and Cassel are very similar QB's.

What I meant by that and it's not letting me edit is: Matt Cassel is not going to win the game with his arm he's not Tom Brady. To me Kyle Orton and Cassel are very similar QB's.
    That's still saying he isn't going to win us games. My personal feeling is that he will win us games.. I don't know I guess I just have more faith in the players for this team and the coaches that they will improve, and be better than "average".

Resident Celebrity

At this moment in time Cassel isn't Brady, he isn't Manning, he may never be them. But I believe enough in my quarterback to take the reins of this team and lead them onto the field. He showed leadership on the field this past week, that's what is asked to do as a quarterback. If those players want to play for him, the coaches want to coach him, the fans believe in him. He WILL be better.

Resident Celebrity

That's still saying he isn't going to win us games. My personal feeling is that he will win us games.. I don't know I guess I just have more faith in the players for this team and the coaches that they will improve, and be better than "average".
    I don't think he's gonna win us games for instance I think Jamaal Charles and an improved line was what won us the last 3 games we won for sure. I just don't think he's going to lose games for us. I don't think he's gonna throw a ton of interceptions, but I also don't think he's gonna throw the ball 55+ yards and hit the WR in spot where he can catch the ball and the DB can't get to it.

I don't think he's gonna win us games for instance I think Jamaal Charles and an improved line was what won us the last 3 games we won for sure. I just don't think he's going to lose games for us. I don't think he's gonna throw a ton of interceptions, but I also don't think he's gonna throw the ball 55+ yards and hit the WR in spot where he can catch the ball and the DB can't get to it.
    So in your opinion.. If he's not going to win us games and he's not going to lose us games...what is it exactly that he's doing?

Resident Celebrity

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast