Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: positives frm tb game

Default positives frm tb game

i did not get to listen or watch the whole game.but from what it sounds like the number 1's faired pretty good offense and defense.the stat sheets dont look to bad charles averaged 5.8 ypc bowe caught 3 for 33 and cassell had a great qb rating 15 of 18 i think it was.can anybody feel me in on what else happened i will be able to watch it in full when nfl network re-airs it

first team looked very good except Brandon Flowers missed tackle that went for 50+yrd score.. And Thomas Jones Fumble.

Also didn't like a couple play calls but overall was very happy with first team

Blocking was a lot better today, allowed Cassel time and gave Jones more room to run. Jones looks like he's taking on a little JC, had a few runs where he showed the same patience that Charles has. We're going to have an incredible running game if McCluster is able to pick that up as well. Charles' vision really is impressive, he waits behind the line, and then behind the second tier of blocks before turning it on in the secondary, while other times he bolts right from the snap. Jones already looks like a completely different runner in trying to emulate that. Cassel wasn't flashy and there weren't any big plays, but as long as he doesn't turn it over and converts on 3rd like he has been, the running game will take care of the rest. He did look a little more confident today. Jones looked better as the game went along. His first few touches were awful. He fumbled, had a pass go right through his arms and threw so many moves at once that he faked himself out and went down almost untouched.

On the defensive side it was a little better and a little worse. The starters didn't give up much at all in the running game. Except for some uncharacteristically accurate throws from Johnson and that mistake by Flowers (which I'm glad happened to him and not Carr, Lewis or Berry as we're all convinced he's already a stud) the secondary looked good. Early on it looked like the d was getting more pressure on the QB, but a second game without a sack is pretty disheartening. It does look like Romeo is having a pretty positive impact on the unit as a whole, which was especially apparent in that nickel package the announcers pointed out where he brought fast pressure and had the dbacks in a position to shut down the quick outlets.

Thanks Aussie!

Don't forget Javier Arenas returning kicks. His job on special teams will affect the offense greatly. Having the field cut in half can do wonders for an offense that struggles.
    (Disclaimer) I didn't watch the game, just saw a summary on NFL.com and parts on SportCenter.

I also saw Cassel was accurate, but didn't have as many yards as I'd like to see. The tendency that I see is htrowing to TE's and RB's. Never breaking big plays, if the offense is going to be good, they skill guys need to make plays.

Ready for the season.....Go KC!

Positives are that Cassel looked great and our OL looked good. Our starting run defense looked good as well.

Negatives are that we didn't get any pressure on the opposing QB, Matt Cassel can't stopped getting sacked, our pass defense was surprisingly poor, and that Tampa Bay's starters battled ours evenly despite being a bottom-3 team.

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    Don't forget Javier Arenas returning kicks. His job on special teams will affect the offense greatly. Having the field cut in half can do wonders for an offense that struggles.
    (Disclaimer) I didn't watch the game, just saw a summary on NFL.com and parts on SportCenter.

I also saw Cassel was accurate, but didn't have as many yards as I'd like to see. The tendency that I see is htrowing to TE's and RB's. Never breaking big plays, if the offense is going to be good, they skill guys need to make plays.

Ready for the season.....Go KC!
    Most of his targets were going to receivers actually. Bowe had 3 catches and a few more targets than that. Chambers had a few and his TD pass was to Horne. They're just not going to be a deep ball team, which is fine because Bowe isn't a burner, Chambers is getting older and McCluster looks like he'll have most of his receptions out of the backfield or outlets near the line of scrimmage. If we have big plays this year its going they're going to come more from Charles and hopefully McCluster breaking off huge runs and less from Cassel's arm, which is fine as long as they keep moving the chains.

Thanks Aussie!

I was very happy with our first team all-around with the exception of Flowers making a rare disastrous mistake and Thomas Jones fumbling on his first carry.

The Bucs aren't a very good team, but I'm actually very impressed with the rush we're getting this year compared to last. I saw our DL getting a nice push on several plays, which is something I don't recall ever seeing last year.

Default Passing

We must be able to throw the ball down the field. If we can't then good teams will stuff us.

Tyler Palko looked great...it seemed he was very confident. I know he's the htird..but he looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Positives are that Cassel looked great and our OL looked good. Our starting run defense looked good as well.

Negatives are that we didn't get any pressure on the opposing QB, Matt Cassel can't stopped getting sacked, our pass defense was surprisingly poor, and that Tampa Bay's starters battled ours evenly despite being a bottom-3 team.

UMMM how can our OL be looking god if cassel cant stop getting seacked??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast