Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 of the same?

Default 2 of the same?

So while I like this guy, does it seem to anyone else like McCluster is a carbon copy of Jamaal Charles? They look like the same guy out there. Don't get me wrong, I like how the kid runs, don't think he can carry the load because of his size, but why did we draft this type of player with our 2nd? Depth? Returns? I'm definetely not sure of this pick after seeing them both in action on the same field. Along the same line kind of, Thomas Jones may be in some trouble if the O line is not better. Hopefully it was just some jitters, getting comfortable with each other etc. Three more games to gel I guess.

Actually, I think that McCluster accelerates a little faster, but Jamaal is a little stronger and tougher to bring down. I am excited that we will be able to have both of those weapons on the field at the same time.

I think it will be great to have Jones in short yardage situations. Jamaal will get his share of touchdowns, but he's not going to get them by pushing the pile like I think Jones can.

They do look like the same player out there. I had to look at the jersey number to tell the difference, but Charles is stronger and tougher though.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Actually, I think that McCluster accelerates a little faster, but Jamaal is a little stronger and tougher to bring down. I am excited that we will be able to have both of those weapons on the field at the same time.

I think it will be great to have Jones in short yardage situations. Jamaal will get his share of touchdowns, but he's not going to get them by pushing the pile like I think Jones can.
    I think you may be right on acceleration but it's virtually the same guy. I don't see how they could ever have them both on the field at the same time. There would be zero threat of any run up the middle.

Just a thought, but givin the success Charles had in the second half of the season and knowing it would be a shortened career taking that much abuse. It makes sense to have another back with a similar running style. A style we have had success with last season, splitting some time between the two and having that run or quick toss option every down while still having a bruiser back in Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I think you may be right on acceleration but it's virtually the same guy. I don't see how they could ever have them both on the field at the same time. There would be zero threat of any run up the middle.
    They will figure out ways to put both players on the field at the same time trust me. You don't think McCluster will ever line up as a WR?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    They will figure out ways to put both players on the field at the same time trust me. You don't think McCluster will ever line up as a WR?
    I guess maybe as a slot guy but it certainly won't be an often option.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Just a thought, but givin the success Charles had in the second half of the season and knowing it would be a shortened career taking that much abuse. It makes sense to have another back with a similar running style. A style we have had success with last season, splitting some time between the two and having that run or quick toss option every down while still having a bruiser back in Thomas.
    Like I said I like the kid but I can't help but think there was someone that we needed more than him. We had so many positions to fill rather than a third RB. I don't have the answer Im kind of just thinking out loud. I'm just so down on the O line and until I see improvement will continue to be that another RB that will not even get 1/3 of the carries may have not been the best choice. Who the heck knows! I just want us to be competetive again. Sometimes I think we all over think things because we are so tired of not being competetive!!

Kiddin' me??

Charles is the best weapon we have, why wouldn't you want someone similar to him out there?

First off.. They are similar but they are not the same. I think McCluster is a slightly better receiver than Charles, and Charles is a little better Running back.
    McCluster is versatile, which is a huge plus, and while he should primarily be a receiver, he is an insurrance if Charles goes down.. With the o-line we have, we need guys like Charles and McCluster..

You can argue positions of need all you want, but McCluster is special.. Not an average joe...

In my book he is an ace pick!

McCluster is kind of like Mini-Jamaal, and I'm ecstatic to have him. If Charles were to go down last year, we would have had no offense whatsoever. But now we have a bit of a backup plan. Having two electric players on the offense is a great thing.

Besides, McCluster is our starting slot receiver. It just so happens that we can use him at RB at times. He's kind of like Percy Harvin in that regard, another player I love. McCluster looks great, and it sure beats one of the alternatives, which is if we had drafted a bust in that spot instead.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast