Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Underrated/Overrated Players in the NFL?

Default Most Underrated/Overrated Players in the NFL?

Out of all the players in the NFL, who are the most overrated and underrated and why?

-Scout

Feel the rush...

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    That's why I think of Peyton when I think of being over-rated...it's as if there is no other QB in the NFL but Peyton, hell...I don't think even Montana was put on the pedestal Manning has been put on.

Manning is good, but he throws alot of interceptions too, and he also allows his frustration with teammates & others to affect his game at times. He strikes me as being a big spoiled rotten baby when he displays frustration with teammates on the field. He's intentionally showing frustration to let those watching know...it wasn't my fault, it was my teammates fault I threw that interception, or overthrew the ball, whatever.

I have been called crazy or told that I just hate him for saying stuff like this for years. When ESPN starts talking about him I have to turn it off. And when they put him in the best of all time talk I roll my eyes. And at least one of his MVP awards I though was a gift from the media. Like the one a couple of years ago. They would talk like he bounced back from a rough start I would be like so now your rewarding the guy for haveing a bad start.

The best of all time would have a much better recored in the post season. Manning has a long history of haveing trouble winning the big games. I just think the media makes him out to be far better then what he is And don't give the credit to some of his teamates

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    That's what I think at least I'm man enough to put it instead of just running mouth and S'ing on peoples post. I think Terrel is overated as of now, I think Eli Manning is good but he's put in the mix with Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and his brother and I don't think he is at that level, Jason Campbell is better then people give him credit for he's not great but not ****e either same with Thigpen.
    my list is right below yours.i am glad you are man enough to post something on the internet proud of ya.dont take it personal i just thought thigpen and campbell were laughable choices as being underated.they have proved nothing in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I have been called crazy or told that I just hate him for saying stuff like this for years. When ESPN starts talking about him I have to turn it off. And when they put him in the best of all time talk I roll my eyes. And at least one of his MVP awards I though was a gift from the media. Like the one a couple of years ago. They would talk like he bounced back from a rough start I would be like so now your rewarding the guy for haveing a bad start.

The best of all time would have a much better recored in the post season. Manning has a long history of haveing trouble winning the big games. I just think the media makes him out to be far better then what he is And don't give the credit to some of his teamates
    Yep! I know how ya feel! Heck, if memory is correct, he threw 4 interceptions in the playoff game against KC in 2007??The year the Chiefs were considered out of the playoffs more or less, but then by surprise with all elements falling into place were lucky getting a wild card spot.

Chiefs also didn't show up to play, or so it appeared. I'll never forget seeing Herm Edwards on the sidelines laughing & my thinking...WTF are you laughing about, you should be pissed...this is a playoff game and our team is playing horrible! 4 interceptions by Manning, other turnovers...and we lost??????? PFFFFTTTT! If ever a playoff game was thrown intentionally...this one would be my first suspect. All fell into place almost too perfectly for Manning & Dungy that year. The Colts really didn't play Super Bowl caliber, just were damn lucky.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 08-24-2010 at 09:50 PM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I always thought that Andre Johnson was one of the most underrated players in the NFL (and admittedly have a huge man crush on him), but I can't really say that he is anymore. It was mostly because you never heard about him though, not the show boating kind.

Other players I feel are underrated:
    Wes Welker
    Owen Daniels
    Steve Smith (CAR)

Players that are overrated:
    Ochocinco (though I happen to like his antics at times, it's humorous)
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Jay Cutler

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I always thought that Andre Johnson was one of the most underrated players in the NFL (and admittedly have a huge man crush on him), but I can't really say that he is anymore. It was mostly because you never heard about him though, not the show boating kind.

Wes Welker
    Owen Daniels
    Steve Smith (CAR)

Rashard Mendenhall
    Jay Cutler
    that is a good list i forgot about steve smith

most all our 1st rd picks the last 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

Wes Welker
    Owen Daniels
    Steve Smith (CAR)

Rashard Mendenhall
    Jay Cutler
    Matt Schaub is pretty underrated too....Hell, I might as well have said the whole Texans passing offense haha.

I forgot to say Brandon Flowers also.

overrated Mark Sanchez Reggie Bush... underrated jammal charles Mike wallace

Had to get in on this:

OVERRATED

Current players:
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Eli Manning
    3. Chad Ochocinco

Past Players:
    1. John Elway
    2. John Elway
    3. And that buck-toothed, turd-out-of-the-back-pocket-pulling, crybaby son of a b!tch named John Elway.
    ( didn't win any Super Bowls -- had them given to him by the league office as a going away present. )

UNDERRATED PLAYERS

Current players:
    1. Donald Driver WR -- don't hear much about him, but he's been a great WR for a decade.
    2. Tamba Hali -- plays hard all the time.

Past players:
    1. Jim Marshall DE -- played 20 years , but not in HOF -- yet a big, crybaby sissy like Elway is.
    2. Otis Taylor WR -- also not in HOF, but no WR who ever played was tougher to tackle -- I watched him drag 3 - 4 defenders many times for extra yards when any other WR would have been stopped.

CORRECTLY RATED PLAYER:

Joe Montana -- Best Ever !!
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-25-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Had to get in on this:

OVERRATED

Current players:
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Eli Manning
    3. Chad Ochocinco

Past Players:
    1. John Elway
    2. John Elway
    3. And that buck-toothed, turd-out-of-the-back-pocket-pulling, crybaby son of a b!tch named John Elway.
    ( didn't win any Super Bowls -- had them given to him by the league office as a going away present. )

UNDERRATED PLAYERS

Current players:
    1. Donald Driver WR -- don't hear much about him, but he's been a great WR for a decade.
    2. Tamba Hali -- plays hard all the time.

Past players:
    1. Jim Marshall DE -- played 20 years , but not in HOF -- yet a big, crybaby sissy like Elway is.
    2. Otis Taylor WR -- also not in HOF, but no WR who ever played was tougher to tackle -- I watched him drag 3 - 4 defenders many times for extra yards when any other WR would have been stopped.

CORRECTLY RATED PLAYER:

Joe Montana -- Best Ever !!
    REP!!!!!

Although I agree with you overall, I specifically want to reply relating to your mention of Otis Taylor. To this day I become angry over Otis Taylor not being in the NFL HOF!! I can't count the number of petitions I participated in over the years attempting to get Otis the recognition he deserves...inducted into the HOF!! It's not fair, nor right...that a WR of the 1960's early 70's era, be compared in stats/records to those of more recent and/or current era. It's a totally different ball game in too many ways to mention!

I had the honor of meeting Otis a few years ago, and it was truly one of the most honorable experiences I've had related to my Chiefs. I'm so grateful & blessed to have had that opportunity. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast