Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Haley is worrying me

Default Haley is worrying me

He has shown a dislike for Bowe, Derick Johnson and shows no love to Jamaal Charles. It seems like Haley is biased people hated on him last year because they said he cusses his players out personally I don't give a damn but when you sit our best players and mess with our ability to win is when I get pissed anyone else feel me on this?

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    The Chiefs were one of the winningest teams in the 90's, one game behind buffalo.

That's an ENTIRE DECADE of the supposed '20 years of failure.'

They also had the best home record in the 90's, which should mean a great deal to any fan who goes out to SUPPORT the team, not just sling unfounded insults and groundless complaints on an internet message board.

once again, Bwilliams has absolutely no understanding of what he's talking about, cannot support his claims.

Also, he's clearly a child who references 20 years of ineptitude, because he's 20 years old. If he were older, he would be railing against far longer than 20 years, as the EIGHTIES were the true era of ineptitude for the Chiefs.

Twenty five years ago was when things started improving.

Clearly he doesn't remember going 13-3 and to the AFC championship, when only a concussion to our QB ended the super bowl run (and some missed field goals).

Clearly he doesn't remember going 13-3 and having the league's best offense in 2003. I know, I know...we couldn't force the colts to punt. Well, guess what? They couldn't force US to punt either.

Now, if he wants to complain about Carl Peterson making poor decisions, fine. There are plenty to complain about. Most significantly, hiring based on friendship instead of achievement.

The reason this team currently struggles is directly traceable to the poor management of the team during Herm Edwards' tenure.

Herm didn't do everything poorly, but he did some things poorly. His laissez-faiire treatment of the players, especially YOUNG players, led to a roster made of slow, fat, lazy, STUPID players.

herm thought that players needed to be treated like adults, and you just rely on them to do their jobs. Herm believes this, because that's the kind of player he was - self-motivated. The problem is, he was the EXCEPTION, and remains so. Most players NEED motivation. Heck - most PEOPLE need it.

Pioli is blowing up the team. Deal with it. We've had too many head coaches who tried to architect this team in a completely different way than the last guy. Now, you have neo-classical structures next to Victorian windows with a spanish colonial exterior.

Time to just raze the whole thing. Knock it all down and build from scratch with one singular concept - tough, smart, disciplined players. That means sometimes turning your back on talented guys, because they don't fit in with your concept.
    I'm not an architect, although am very familiar with those architectural terms as a designer, and one having a passion for historical or period restoration/renovation. For privacy reasons you may not want to answer this question...how are you familiar with such architectural terminology? I'm simply curious, as most not connected in some way to architecture, wouldn't be familiar with such terminology.

Sorry for my choice of 'purple' highlighting...simply curious what it looked like in print, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    I'm a fan because I was born and raised as one. Not because I was looking for an excuse to get drunk with friends.
    Tisk, tisk...that's an unfair judgement. The majority of Chiefs fans, NFL fans overall for that matter...do often over indulge, or at least become buzzed when among fellow fans/friends watching or attending a game. Beer drinking and participating as a fan in most sports go hand & hand. Whether in agreement or not, it's simply a natural fact.

I'm living in Romania right now. My friends could care less about American football. There's a difference between being a Chiefs fan because you were born and bred a Chiefs fan, and because you are using fanhood as an excuse for alcoholism. You'll learn the difference one day, I'm sure.
    I understand that during heated debates insults and false judgements often occur naturally, so assume that's what has occurred in this debate. However, just in case you seriously think otherwise...I can assure you that Canada is a Chiefs fan in heart. In fact, in my own judgemental opinion...he is by far more a fan in heart than a majority of younger generation Chiefs fans I often come across these days.

In one of many conversations I've had with Canada related to our Chiefs...we discussed once upon a time when tailgating why he became a Chiefs fan. I will respectively let him be the one to share his story, if he chooses. However, I will say, that the emotion in his voice and facial expressions when telling me his story of how he became a Chiefs fan years ago...left absolutely no doubt that his passion and loyalty for our Chiefs is genuinely deep in his heart for life.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Seriously man? I don't know of anybody here who is a fan just for excuse to drink alcohol. I don't know anybody here who will fly to another country, state, or city just to drink alcohol, take the time off of work or whatever it may be. Hell.. I'm a season ticket holder and live 14 hours away from Arrowhead, but do you think I will drive that far just for alcohol? I'll let Canada speak for himself but I can pretty much assume that he isn't a Chiefs fan for the excuse of drinking alcohol, he's a die hard fan who loves this team. There isn't anything wrong with having a beer or two, or twelve while you're cheering for your team with friends and other fans. This isn't a team full of jerks and cynics. When it comes down to it we all want the same thing.. that being Chiefs wins and a Chiefs Super Bowl. Whether it be the way you want to see this team built, whether it be the way I would like to see this team built, or whether it be the way somebody else wants to see the team built.. at the end of the day we all want the same thing. So why should we waste all of our time arguing and bickering and calling names and making false accusations of our fellow fans? It makes no sense. It doesn't matter how we became a fan, it's that we are a fan. We are Kansas City.
    REP!! I hadn't read this far before responding with my replies above, but not surprised you and I had similar thoughts with replying, hahaha. :)

Again, pretending as if anyone cares what you think.

And I finally figured you out. Your like someone's girlfriend at a Superbowl party. You cheer a lot because you want to fit in. And you really like the party and the commercials. Problem is, you don't understand the game at all. And you'd immediately lose interest in the game if your boyfriend dropped you.
    My reaction to this post is absolutely not related to finding humor in an insult directed at a friend, Canada. However, when reading your post above, I was reminded of how many "girlfriends", and wives too for that matter...that I've known & do know...who are EXACTLY as you described!!

There are mostly good people here. Hell, there are great massively homer posters on here (Connie and Aussie come to mind).

It's those couple loud, rude, alcoholic posters that drag things down.
    Thank you...I think, haha.

Shoot though, I've never once felt that any member of Chiefs Crowd "drags things down". The internet forum reality is, that heated debates and/or "drama" as some call it = ratings, or views. It's human nature, readers may not participate, but they will read with interest held. This is why daytime soaps, reality TV, etc....are so popular. Internet conflict is a natural magnet drawing interest naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I, for one, respect the fact that men like yourself and bwilliams do come forth and express legit concerns regarding the Chiefs. Especially in light of the fact that this is a team that has won 10 games in 3 years.

Both of you have every right to post your legit concerns, even as the hopeful post their high hopes for Chiefs heading into the 2010. So don't let any flamers stop you.
    I agree. Not only do I respect the right of others to have opposing opinions, but find them of interest, & enjoy the debate discussions. I don't, however, enjoy reading some of the personal character attack insults, that are thrown between members at times. That said, I've grown complacent somewhat...having spent almost a decade among Kid Rock fans throwing such at each other, and of much more severity than here.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Again, pretending as if anyone cares what you think.

And I finally figured you out. Your like someone's girlfriend at a Superbowl party. You cheer a lot because you want to fit in. And you really like the party and the commercials. Problem is, you don't understand the game at all. And you'd immediately lose interest in the game if your boyfriend dropped you.
    LOL! As if the boyfriend would give a fig if his girfriend decided to go off and with the other girls to go off together and gossip.Canada is a true chiefs'-red fan!
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

wow this has turned into a great thread.. Everyone getting melodramatic and trying to be so artistic with thier phrases. I love this site and i love you guys..(except figrastic).

This thread has just reached level EPIC!

Indeed, this is a thread that is interesting! but we all need to remember, that we all Love the Chiefs, and it is just preseason! There is no need for name calling or fan bashing, just be a Chief's fan. Be disappointed in the team, or how the team is doing, but be a Chief. Call me a Homer, call me koolaid cover glasses fan, call me what ever you want! But the bottom line is, I Love the Chiefs! I will always be what I am, I do however have made some very good friends, on this site! The Chiefs Crowd! People I have had the opportunity to meet, and know them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Indeed, this is a thread that is interesting! but we all need to remember, that we all Love the Chiefs, and it is just preseason! There is no need for name calling or fan bashing, just be a Chief's fan. Be disappointed in the team, or how the team is doing, but be a Chief. Call me a Homer, call me koolaid cover glasses fan, call me what ever you want! But the bottom line is, I Love the Chiefs! I will always be what I am, I do however have made some very good friends, on this site! The Chiefs Crowd! People I have had the opportunity to meet, and know them in person.
    ...A great big THIS!

I nominate this a Thread of the Year candidate.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    wow this has turned into a great thread.. Everyone getting melodramatic and trying to be so artistic with thier phrases. I love this site and i love you guys..(except figrastic).

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    REP!!!!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314