Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Haley is worrying me

Default Haley is worrying me

He has shown a dislike for Bowe, Derick Johnson and shows no love to Jamaal Charles. It seems like Haley is biased people hated on him last year because they said he cusses his players out personally I don't give a damn but when you sit our best players and mess with our ability to win is when I get pissed anyone else feel me on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I get legit complaints, but complaining about Weis and Crennel? You really think that is legit?
    Do consider that seemingly all the Bill Belicheck disciples have failed miserably wherever they have went and the concerns are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Do consider that seemingly all the Bill Belicheck disciples have failed miserably wherever they have went and the concerns are legit.
    That is a definitely a legit point I will give them the benefit of the doubt but that seems to be the trend.

they also were part of two SB winning teams prior to the Belichick era. You can make anything sound like a legit claim with speculation if you like.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

They failed as Head coaches. That is not going to be there job in Kc. I don't put much into what they did as head coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    They failed as Head coaches. That is not going to be there job in Kc. I don't put much into what they did as head coaches.
    There have been others that have failed as assistant coaches as well. Bottom line is that it's a wait and see situation and for now, and like figcrostic said, for now I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but by the same token it ain't hard to understand the skepticism of others, as success elsewhere don't guarantee success with the Chiefs, so you and Canada should not let the skeptics bother you. We will all have to wait and see how it plays out.

There have been others that have failed as assistant coaches as well. Bottom line is that it's a wait and see situation and for now, and like figcrostic said, for now I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but by the same token it ain't hard to understand the skepticism of others, as success elsewhere don't guarantee success with the Chiefs, so you and Canada should not let the skeptics bother you. We will all have to wait and see how it plays out.

I do understand that its a wait and see. I have never said that I no for sure that they will work. I just don't understand the logic behind saying they were not good head coaches outside new england so it must have all been Billcheck there. And yes others have failed that doesn't mean anything. Right now all that we can go on is what we have seen . And there is no reason to doubt or think they were good hires at this point since we have not played one real down. I just think to doubt you first should have a reason to doubt.

And this is why I don't respect your opinion. In the past twenty years, it's been failure after failure. We haven't even won a playoff game in almost 20 years (1993). What laurels are we resting on, exactly?

Do you think I'm a fan of the Chiefs because it's fun? Or because we've had great times? Do you realize that there are 24 cities in the US with at least a baseball and NFL team. And of those, the Kansas City has gone the longest without any champion (40 years).
    Uhh.. Not that i'm a fan of them or anything but the Royals have won a WS more recently than 40 years.

Fair enough. But is their job going to be Bellichick assistants?

That is the job that they are best known for, right?

I do understand that its a wait and see. I have never said that I no for sure that they will work. I just don't understand the logic behind saying they were not good head coaches outside new england so it must have all been Billcheck there.(He has done pretty well even with a revolving door of assistants, hasn't he?) And yes others have failed that doesn't mean anything. Right now all that we can go on is what we have seen . And there is no reason to doubt or think they were good hires at this point since we have not played one real down. I just think to doubt you first should have a reason to doubt.
    Just because you don't agree with someone's reasons for doubting, does not mean that there is not one.

There is.

The fact that they have not proven themselves as Haley's assistants is reason enough to have doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I get legit complaints, but complaining about Weis and Crennel? You really think that is legit?
    Who did that?
    Nobody. Just a bit of overreaction here.

Anyway...

Most who know me here know that I am very pleased with the effort in signing our new cordinators.

But I am not foolish enough to have no doubts about them.

I find the fact that both failed as HCs is directly relevant to their abilities as corrdinators here.

Weiss was able to generate an offense at ND. So he gets some added credibility. He has success with offense aside from with bellichick. That's petty big for me.

Not to mention tha I like him as a "buffer" between Haley and players.

However, it wasn't enough to win so many games as to save his job. So it isn't entirely a plus for him.

And Crennel was unable to even put a solid defense on the field. That should be cause for some concern, for sure.

While I think that they will make improvments to this team, I feel like it is foolish to just dismiss all questions about their abilities to do so.

By the way....

I did not mention that both guys have won Super Bowls as coordinators, as that is common knowledge, and they have plenty of credibilty with me for it.

But that does not hold the same level of credibility that it would for a Bellichick, or a Bill Cowher, because they were able to prove their successes far more convincingly over many years.

But watch....

Every negative word that I put will be challenged. But let's see who complains about any of the positive remarks I made.

Oops. That didn't spoil it, did it?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Just because you don't agree with someone's reasons for doubting, does not mean that there is not one.

There is.

The fact that they have not proven themselves as Haley's assistants is reason enough to have doubts.

Nobody. Just a bit of overreaction here.
    The reason theres no reason to doubt is WE have not seen one REAL play. I don't understand going into thinking there going to fail.

The reason theres no reason to doubt is WE have not seen one REAL play. I don't understand going into thinking there going to fail.

Doubt isn't the same as "thinking they are going to fail".

I liken doubt to uncertainty.

And I am uncertain.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast