Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: After further review

Default After further review

I have been a chiefs fan for along time I have seen the ups and downs of this team I have represented this team for as long as I have lived in Kansas. I think that being a Chiefs fan gives us all the opportunity to express our point of views with one another. On this site after posting 1 forum and the response I had was good but there are some ignorant people on this site. For example one of the responses I got from some one was "your stupid" WTF does that have to do with the Chiefs if you think the Chiefs are a good team then your blind if you think the draft that we had this year was good your blind if you think that the draft we have had in the past 4 years was good you blind. The only players that we have drafted in the past 4 years that have made a difference is 2007 Dwayne Bowe 1 out of 7, 2008 Jamaal Charles 1 out of 12, 2009 Ryan Succop 1 out of 9, and 2010 TBA. So what does that mean?

That means we have a 10.71% rate in the draft up until now so please go on this forum and tell me we have done good in our drafts. All three of these guys that I mentioned are not even Pro Bowl Material except Charles.

Its like this if it taste like piss and it smells like piss then guess what its PISS. If you dont have a good arguement and you are just writing to be writing do us all a favor and go some where else.

Quote Originally Posted by turner_robert View Post
    I have been a chiefs fan for along time I have seen the ups and downs of this team I have represented this team for as long as I have lived in Kansas. I think that being a Chiefs fan gives us all the opportunity to express our point of views with one another. On this site after posting 1 forum and the response I had was good but there are some ignorant people on this site. For example one of the responses I got from some one was "your stupid" WTF does that have to do with the Chiefs if you think the Chiefs are a good team then your blind if you think the draft that we had this year was good your blind if you think that the draft we have had in the past 4 years was good you blind. The only players that we have drafted in the past 4 years that have made a difference is 2007 Dwayne Bowe 1 out of 7, 2008 Jamaal Charles 1 out of 12, 2009 Ryan Succop 1 out of 9, and 2010 TBA. So what does that mean?

That means we have a 10.71% rate in the draft up until now so please go on this forum and tell me we have done good in our drafts. All three of these guys that I mentioned are not even Pro Bowl Material except Charles.

Its like this if it taste like piss and it smells like piss then guess what its PISS. If you dont have a good arguement and you are just writing to be writing do us all a favor and go some where else.
    Yes there are sometimes reply's that are less than welcoming I agree. I am just a little confused though. I agree that someone saying your stupid has nothing to do with the Chiefs or their drafts. I am however a little befuttled. What does me being blind have to do with my opinion or anyone else's on our drafts? Am I blind because my opinion differs from yours? Pot.....meet kettle.

Do us all a favor and go somewhere else.

Thanks Aussie!

First off, the Chiefs don't taste or smell like piss, so they must not be piss.

The 2008 draft we got Glenn Dorsey (who has been the best DE for us in the 3-4), Brandon Flowers, and Brandon Carr. Go take a look at other teams drafts since 2007. Tell me how many big name people you see from each team. I did this for the Colts, one of the better teams of the decade and the list of names of "impact" players is just as long as the Chiefs.

Folks, our expectations of the draft have gotten ridiculous. It's like you think that all 7 rounds we're going to find a gem that's going to come in a be a day 1 starter and make the pro bowl every year. The fact of the matter is that it's rare for a team to get more than 2 guys that are going to come in and make an impact right away. So far, the reports are good on McCluster, Berry, and Asamoah, so I think we could be ahead of the curve this year.

turner robert does make a valid point about the Chiefs recent drafts having very little effect in getting things turned around.

Those that are flaming him and calling him stupid are simply not being told what you want to hear and do you really think Pioli is the best GM the Chiefs ever had? WRONG !! That honor belongs to Don Klosterman. The Chiefs could use a man like him in the front office again.

Every single organization in football goes through a funk similar to this. Turning it around doesn't happen over night. Look at the Patriots in the early 90's or the Cowboys from '99-'04. Everyone can sit on their computer and pretend to have the answers. The fact of the matter is there is no "magic bullet" solution, or one draft that is going to turn the team around. I certainly think we are heading in the right direction under this organization's management.

A lot of the draft picks you speak of it's still to early to tell weather or not they were worth the pick. The common pratice is after a guys 3rd season you no if you got a solid player or not.

Bowe has shown he is a good wr. Last year he was not at his best and when he was starting to get it going he got suspended. Jury is still out on him. Is he the reciver we saw get over 1,000 yards in 08 or the underpreforming reciver that will get himself in trouble. We will find out this year.

Brandon Albert one player who we all can agree has not been as good as we hoped is comeing into his 3rd season. I think many would agree that this will be the best coaching that he will get. This is a big year for him. If he starts to show what the Chiefs felt he was able to do then he was worth the 2nd first round pick that we used for him.

Dorsey anther one that has not been as good as we wanted is also comeing into his 3rd season. His value to this team was shown last dec against Cleveland when he was not there and the browns ran all over us at arrowhead. Dorsey also getting the best coaching from a guy who has superbowl rings at DC. Jury still out.

Tyson Jackson is only comeing into his 2nd season most players don't have great first years so it's far to early to deciede that he is a bust.

not to say that im not blind buut brandon flowers?? brandon carr, bernard pollard (even though hes gone) think its to early to say tyson jacksons a bust or dorsey, i like our draft picks this year i think there gonna be good but who knows. i wouldnt just throw every player weve drafted away, look at the coaching changes scheme changes i mean gives us a year with our players with this coaching staff and ill feel good either by the end of this year the players will fit our scheme or not. weve now got the coaching staff for the near future i say stick it out i mean people would of calked tamba hali before this last season a bust then he gets moved to linebacker and he looks really good. weve picked up the pieces that huricane herm edwards left and i think just like the upgraded arrowhead weve got a new coat a paint and are lookin good like back with dick vermial before the storm rolled in and tore everything down

i think you need to relax and see how this draft pans out...if the preseason is any hint at the regular season, all these rookies will be good players for us...the 2010 draft class (with the exception of moeaki since weve yet to see him play) have been the standouts among these 2 preseason games

and you can complain about how much we pay berry but thats neither the organization nor the player's fault...there should be a rookie cap...safety was one of our biggest needs going into the draft and we addressed that with berry who was arguably a top 3 talent

and at all else just remember this...its a game...unless youre clark hunt or you are part of the organization, the chiefs W/L record has no effect on you...its not the end of the world
    Last edited by whatwasthat?; 08-26-2010 at 04:36 PM.

You're the type of person that should probably not comment about the teams you follow. You want instant results, and if you don't get it, you throw a fit. I like how you don't include Brandon Flowers, seeing as how he's easily the best player on defense.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast