Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Analysis

Default Team Analysis

Strength: Rb's, punter,pass defense, and kicker

Weakness: Passing game, O-line, rush defense, pass rushing.

Identity:I think our identity right now is a speed running team that throws quick short passes that's why we picked up mccluster and with the quick passes the Chiefs are probably thinking they don't need a great line. I don't think we are going to see. With Every team passing 30-40 times a game the Chiefs beefed up on DB's and that's why they didn't do a lot of work on the D-line.

Concerns: I think if we play a good run team we are going to get run over and I think a team with great pass rushers will collapse the pocket and Cassel will be looking at a 5 sack game. Matt might be to methodical for these quick two step drop type passes.

Pros: I think we are going to see a lot of very good screens to Mccluster or Charles and I think these quick passes will ease pressure on our line. We have two healthy good WR's in Chambers and Bowe and the running game could help get them open.

please don't respond with your stupid or something insulting if you think I'm wrong let me know with stats or intellect not baseless insults.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 08-27-2010 at 12:55 PM.

One more thing regarding tonights game:

Philly does have a couple of pretty fair DE's that can rush the passer. Albert and Richardson ( O'Cal is said to be hurt ) will get tested for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Good question Seek. The training camp reports say Horne has done everything asked of him and more. He has repeatedly got open down the field & before his TD catch at TB, he had gotten open in the end zone a play or two before, but Cassel did not see him.

Horne has better size, speed, and route running ability than Sippio or Long. Not sure about special teams.
    He has to be doing something right to run with the First Stringers. I am just concerned that when I have seen that in the past, pre-season is all we saw of it. I haven't seen enough of him yet to think he could be more, and I haven't seen anything from him on special teams, which is where he needs to be showing up at to get a roster spot.

Right now you are looking at Bowe, Chamger and McCluster as locks. The next two spots are open for special teams players, and we know Haley like Long a bunch... tonight might be his biggest game of his life.

Philly does have a couple of pretty fair DE's that can rush the passer. Albert and Richardson ( O'Cal is said to be hurt ) will get tested for sure.
    I know people hate when I dwell on the past but wouldn't it have been a possibilty to have traded brian waters for a second or third, picked up Russell Okung put him at LT put Alberts at guard.

Crap... I think we are really hooched at RT as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    He has to be doing something right to run with the First Stringers. I am just concerned that when I have seen that in the past, pre-season is all we saw of it. I haven't seen enough of him yet to think he could be more, and I haven't seen anything from him on special teams, which is where he needs to be showing up at to get a roster spot.

Right now you are looking at Bowe, Chamger and McCluster as locks. The next two spots are open for special teams players, and we know Haley like Long a bunch... tonight might be his biggest game of his life.
    I'm not sold on Long. I know Haley likes him because he's a hardworker but he doesn't have the talent or the size to be a good slot guy.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I know people hate when I dwell on the past but wouldn't it have been a possibilty to have traded brian waters for a second or third, picked up Russell Okung put him at LT put Alberts at guard.
    I totally agree with you, except I'm not sure they could have gotten a 2nd or 3rd for Waters, but Waters & Weigmann are both on their last leg and if things go wrong and the Chiefs end up drafting in the top 10 in 2011, they simply cannot afford to pass up a stellar LT prospect ( Castonzo of BC, or Barksdale of LSU ) like they did with Okung in 2010.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-27-2010 at 01:57 PM.

I believe your analysis is right on the money.

One thing I'd like to see. Get WR Jeremy Horne in the game and try to hit a long pass downfield to him. He got behind Atlanta's defense twice.

And speaking of Jeremy Horne -- the Chiefs brass had better not let him slip away to another team. Keep him and let him develop behind Bowe and Chambers.
    yes we need to keep horne...he can be that much needed deep threat weve been looking for...a devery henderson type

I'm a Gilberry fan I think him and Tamba are the only guys that are able to get a sack consistently. So if you put those two together that would be a huge improvement, but I would have preferred Orakpo.
    Oh, my bad, I meant to say that as sacks for the opposing team! Silly me....
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I totally agree with you, except I'm not sure they could have gotten a 2nd or 3rd for Waters, but Waters & Weigmann are both on their last leg and if things go wrong and the Chiefs end up drafting in the top 10 in 2011, they simply cannot afford to pass up a stellar LT prospect ( Castonzo of BC, or Barksdale of LSU ) like they did with Okung in 2010.
    There was a rumor that we would have been offered a 3rd and 7th last season by the Bills for Waters.

There was a rumor that we would have been offered a 3rd and 7th last season by the Bills for Waters.
    If that's true, then the Chiefs brass should have pulled the trigger on the deal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast