Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Analysis

Default Team Analysis

Strength: Rb's, punter,pass defense, and kicker

Weakness: Passing game, O-line, rush defense, pass rushing.

Identity:I think our identity right now is a speed running team that throws quick short passes that's why we picked up mccluster and with the quick passes the Chiefs are probably thinking they don't need a great line. I don't think we are going to see. With Every team passing 30-40 times a game the Chiefs beefed up on DB's and that's why they didn't do a lot of work on the D-line.

Concerns: I think if we play a good run team we are going to get run over and I think a team with great pass rushers will collapse the pocket and Cassel will be looking at a 5 sack game. Matt might be to methodical for these quick two step drop type passes.

Pros: I think we are going to see a lot of very good screens to Mccluster or Charles and I think these quick passes will ease pressure on our line. We have two healthy good WR's in Chambers and Bowe and the running game could help get them open.

please don't respond with your stupid or something insulting if you think I'm wrong let me know with stats or intellect not baseless insults.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 08-27-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    If that's true, then the Chiefs brass should have pulled the trigger on the deal.
    Same thing I was thinking when I heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Same thing I was thinking when I heard that.
    Now people may not like the way you are dwelling on the past, as you said earlier, but what they are overlooking is the fact that what you are dwelling on could have major ramifications regarding the upcoming 2010 season

Here's how:

While the Chiefs brass & the Eric Berry worshippers ( not to knock Berry ) were telling us about the so-called "improved O-Line" ( which we both know that next to nothing was done to address it during the offseason ), the arch-rival Oakland Raiders were seriously setting about during the offseason to bolster their Defensive front 7 and added 5 talented players to it.

I've watched both of the Raiders preseason games and their pass-rush looks to be potentially outstanding & they've already decked opposing QB's nearly a dozen times.

It's a legit concern that the Chiefs brass and the Chiefs fanbase had damn well better be aware of & unfortunately, Eric Berry cannot help the Chiefs in this regard. Russell Okung could have.

Now people may not like the way you are dwelling on the past, as you said earlier, but what they are overlooking is the fact that what you are dwelling on could have major ramifications regarding the upcoming 2010 season

Here's how:

While the Chiefs brass & the Eric Berry worshippers ( not to knock Berry ) were telling us about the so-called "improved O-Line" ( which we both know that next to nothing was done to address it during the offseason ), the arch-rival Oakland Raiders were seriously setting about during the offseason to bolster their Defensive front 7 and added 5 talented players to it.

I've watched both of the Raiders preseason games and their pass-rush looks to be potentially outstanding & they've already decked opposing QB's nearly a dozen times.

It's a legit concern that the Chiefs brass and the Chiefs fanbase had damn well better be aware of & unfortunately, Eric Berry cannot help the Chiefs in this regard. Russell Okung could have.
    You didn't know Berry also played LT? He was actually so dominate they had to make him a safety to keep it fair.
    In all seriousness we neglected a lot this offseason and if the Chiefs go 4-12 again then I won't be surprised. I hate to admit it but with Campbell as their qb and the improvements they made in the off season I think the Raiders are going to spank us and that pisses me off.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 08-27-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Identity:I think our identity right now is a speed running team that throws quick short passes that's why we picked up mccluster and with the quick passes the Chiefs are probably thinking they don't need a great line. I don't think we are going to see. With Every team passing 30-40 times a game the Chiefs beefed up on DB's and that's why they didn't do a lot of work on the D-line.

Concerns: I think if we play a good run team we are going to get run over and I think a team with great pass rushers will collapse the pocket and Cassel will be looking at a 5 sack game. Matt might be to methodical for these quick two step drop type passes.

Pros: I think we are going to see a lot of very good screens to Mccluster or Charles and I think these quick passes will ease pressure on our line. We have two healthy good WR's in Chambers and Bowe and the running game could help get them open.

please don't respond with your stupid or something insulting if you think I'm wrong let me know with stats or intellect not baseless insults.
    I agree with you for the most part. I would say that the play of our defensive backs has not been what I would be expecting to see right now.

And since I have to provide insight, here it is:

When watching the Tampa game, both Carr and Flowers looked horrible. Flowers was starting to show some of the same problems that Carr has exhibited over the last couple of years, allowing recievers to get seperation on them too easily.

Flowers has made some serious coverage mistakes as well. One example was a pass play around the end of the second quarter. Flowers had a good defensible position on the play, but instead of making the hit, he played the ball.

Normally that is not a bad call for a cornerback, but the problem he had on this play was field position. He was on the sidelines and had no help behind him as it was a pretty deep pass.

He went for the ball, missed, and the receiver scored as there was no one behind him to recover. Perhaps this was not a Flower's mistake, it could have been a failed coverage on the part of the safety too.

In the end, I saw a little too much of that in this game. The good news is that this game meant nothing and hopefully they will be learning about these types of issues.

While I would not say the passing game is a strength, I honestly do not think it is as bad as it has been in past years. THis may be optimism though.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

You didn't know Berry also played LT? He was actually so dominate they had to make him a safety to keep it fair.
    In all seriousness we neglected a lot this offseason and if the Chiefs go 4-12 again then I won't be surprised. I hate to admit it but with Campbell as their qb and the improvements they made in the off season I think the Raiders are going to spank us and that pisses me off.
    I hear ya and the way I see it is that if the Chiefs brass as well as a bunch those posters at Arrowhead Pride are going to be dumb enough to piss on their own heads and tell themselves it's raining regarding the Chiefs O-Line & fool themselves into thinking everything's OK -- then they better be smart enough to know that it won't fool opposing Defenses on Sundays during the season.

I hear ya and the way I see it is that if the Chiefs brass as well as a bunch those posters at Arrowhead Pride are going to be dumb enough to piss on their own heads and tell themselves it's raining regarding the Chiefs O-Line & fool themselves into thinking everything's OK -- then they better be smart enough to know that it won't fool opposing Defenses on Sundays during the season.
    True but the Kool aid drinkers are a small majority. The $$$ is the only way to get the Chiefs to listen and when games start getting blacked out like last season then things will start changing. When you see teams like the Dolphins that can go from crap to good in a season fans take notice. If Pioli and crew don't start producing then fans will not give them money. There is to much entertainment that is cheap or free for the Chiefs to compete people like myself will always watch but some people will say screw it I'm tired of this S I'm going somewhere else.

True but the Kool aid drinkers are a small majority. The $$$ is the only way to get the Chiefs to listen and when games start getting blacked out like last season then things will start changing. When you see teams like the Dolphins that can go from crap to good in a season fans take notice. If Pioli and crew don't start producing then fans will not give them money. There is to much entertainment that is cheap or free for the Chiefs to compete people like myself will always watch but some people will say screw it I'm tired of this S I'm going somewhere else.
    Very interesting in that it's been said that season ticket sales are lower now than they've ever been in 20+ years. Also, it's been rumored that the Arrowhead stadium renovations were paid for by the money that the Chiefs saved under previous salary caps.

The Chiefs have decent DB's on Defense & decent skill position players on Offense. What's needed to round things out is to shore up and bolster the O-Line and the Defensive front 7. Especially since they are going to face the NFC North in 2011 -- and all those teams can rush the pass passer ( anyone remember Jared Allen? ).

I would say that I think based on what I have seen in the preseason so far that the rush d is not going to be a weakness. Outside of the first falcons drive the run d has looked pretty solid. But it is just preseason so it remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would say that I think based on what I have seen in the preseason so far that the rush d is not going to be a weakness. Outside of the first falcons drive the run d has looked pretty solid. But it is just preseason so it remains to be seen.
    We will see how good our Run d is tonight against a good run team.

We will see how good our Run d is tonight against a good run team.
    And let us not forget their passing game, especially WR DeSean Jackson considering what he did to the Chiefs last year. I suspect there might be a good opportunity for Eric Berry to earn his pay.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast