Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Analysis

Default Team Analysis

Strength: Rb's, punter,pass defense, and kicker

Weakness: Passing game, O-line, rush defense, pass rushing.

Identity:I think our identity right now is a speed running team that throws quick short passes that's why we picked up mccluster and with the quick passes the Chiefs are probably thinking they don't need a great line. I don't think we are going to see. With Every team passing 30-40 times a game the Chiefs beefed up on DB's and that's why they didn't do a lot of work on the D-line.

Concerns: I think if we play a good run team we are going to get run over and I think a team with great pass rushers will collapse the pocket and Cassel will be looking at a 5 sack game. Matt might be to methodical for these quick two step drop type passes.

Pros: I think we are going to see a lot of very good screens to Mccluster or Charles and I think these quick passes will ease pressure on our line. We have two healthy good WR's in Chambers and Bowe and the running game could help get them open.

please don't respond with your stupid or something insulting if you think I'm wrong let me know with stats or intellect not baseless insults.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 08-27-2010 at 12:55 PM.

I agree, but I did see some better blitz pickup in the first 2 preseason games than I did all of last year. That's where a lot of our sacks came from a year ago.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I believe your analysis is right on the money.

One thing I'd like to see. Get WR Jeremy Horne in the game and try to hit a long pass downfield to him. He got behind Atlanta's defense twice.

And speaking of Jeremy Horne -- the Chiefs brass had better not let him slip away to another team. Keep him and let him develop behind Bowe and Chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

One thing I'd like to see. Get WR Jeremy Horne in the game and try to hit a long pass downfield to him. He got behind Atlanta's defense twice.

And speaking of Jeremy Horne -- the Chiefs brass had better not let him slip away to another team. Keep him and let him develop behind Bowe and Chambers.
    Tall guy great in the redzone I support it.

First I think our line in the run game is going to be decent... mainly because charles is just so fast. But I really dont think that we have a real identity yet.. Just as charles did last year I think these coaches are looking for people to step up. i really feel like the success of this season is based on people progressing. Maybe that is why Haley slowed his role so much this off season. These guys need to play for him and care about this franchise.

Besides charles our entire offense is shaky at best. Screens and quick slants may be somewhat effective at first... but after a couple weeks of tape on us teams will be blowing it up with short zones and contains. We eventually have to stretch the field.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

Just out of curiousity. What has Horne done so far that makes you think He will be any different than Bobbie Sippio, Lance Long, and all the other diamonds in the rough we find every year as an undrafted FA.

I know things are touchy around here, and I don't mean to be rude, but other than being open twice against Atlanta's back ups and catching one pass for a TD. He hasn't show anyone a viable sample to base any valid opinion. I mean he is off to a good start but it is a little early to give him a roster spot.

So far I would like to keep him, over the othres, but where is he on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Just out of curiousity. What has Horne done so far that makes you think He will be any different than Bobbie Sippio, Lance Long, and all the other diamonds in the rough we find every year as an undrafted FA.

I know things are touchy around here, and I don't mean to be rude, but other than being open twice against Atlanta's back ups and catching one pass for a TD. He hasn't show anyone a viable sample to base any valid opinion. I mean he is off to a good start but it is a little early to give him a roster spot.

So far I would like to keep him, over the othres, but where is he on special teams.
    No certainty that he's any different but we do need help for sure other then Chambers and Bowe we don't have much give the guy a chance if he isn't good at least we will know I'm sure he will be better then Bobby Wade was before we dropped him.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I agree, but I did see some better blitz pickup in the first 2 preseason games than I did all of last year. That's where a lot of our sacks came from a year ago.
    I'm a Gilberry fan I think him and Tamba are the only guys that are able to get a sack consistently. So if you put those two together that would be a huge improvement, but I would have preferred Orakpo.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 08-27-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Good question Seek. The training camp reports say Horne has done everything asked of him and more. He has repeatedly got open down the field & before his TD catch at TB, he had gotten open in the end zone a play or two before, but Cassel did not see him.

Horne has better size, speed, and route running ability than Sippio or Long. Not sure about special teams.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about anything yet. It's not the third week of the season, it's still preseason/evaluation. We have yet to see anything resembling the actual play book for this year.

I do agree with figs analysis for the most part. I think there is still much that won't be seen until we are three weeks into the season. Our offense won't be what we are seeing now. I just hope we end up with a deep enough play book that after teams have tape on us we can come up with new schemes each week. To me that is our biggest question of this year.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast