Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: Chiefs Vs. Eagles - Preseason Week 3 Discussion/Chat Thread

Default Chiefs Vs. Eagles - Preseason Week 3 Discussion/Chat Thread

Thought I would go ahead and make this thread since the game is a little over 2 hours away, also don't forget to bet here before the game starts, betting ends at game time.

Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Philadelphia Eagles - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Go Chiefs!

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Problem is that I dont think we will finish bad enough this year to get a top 2 QB pick in the next draft.
    Yea, if we do it's because Cassel was awful. If we don't, Ponder will be there in the first/second unless he goes nuts this season.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Problem is that I dont think we will finish bad enough this year to get a top 2 QB pick in the next draft.
    I would rather go out and get a qb that has done something in the NFL then draft one. I just don't like drafting a qb and starting over with a rookie. But I hope we see a much better Matt Cassel this season and we won't even have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would rather go out and get a qb that has done something in the NFL then draft one. I just don't like drafting a qb and starting over with a rookie. But I hope we see a much better Matt Cassel this season and we won't even have to worry about it.
    yea we should have done that 4 months ago.

Agree 100%. I don't like the idea of drafting a QB either. Every QB the Chiefs have drafted in their history has been a bust with the latest casualty being Brodie Croyle. The only QB that the Chiefs have ever drafted that had any success was Mike Livingston. Best QB's in Chiefs history have come via trade or FA.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Agree 100%. I don't like the idea of drafting a QB either. Every QB the Chiefs have drafted in their history has been a bust with the latest casualty being Brodie Croyle. The only QB that the Chiefs have ever drafted that had any success was Mike Livingston. Best QB's in Chiefs history have come via trade or FA.
    Same guy drafting them for 20 years......just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post

That is a very good point

I just don't like Rookie qbs as a rule. You never no if your getting Peyton Manning or Ryan leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Not quite ... it's happened that was since way back to 1963, starting with QB Pete Beathard being drafted by Don Klosterman. Not always the same guy drafting.

This defense was a lot of fun to watch during this game. I am so happy Clancy is gone!

That is a very good point

I just don't like Rookie qbs as a rule. You never no if your getting Peyton Manning or Ryan leaf.
    You don't just go out and get a good QB. If Peyton gets away from the Colts, it's going to be near the end of his career barring some unfortunate injury/incident. Same goes for Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers. Look at the Super Bowl champions over the last 15-20 years. Most of those teams had elite quarterbacks (if they didn't their defense more than made up for that deficiency, something ours can't claim). The majority of them were drafted by their respective winning teams. If Cassel isn't the guy, you're not going to find a team willing to give theirs up very easily if at all. If it was that easy, 3rd strings from elite teams (Sandy - Whitehurst) wouldn't be going for second rounders. The best chance we have to being a consistently good team that is successful in the playoffs is to get lucky in the draft, besides, you never know what you're getting even when you do trade for an "NFL proven" guy. Just look at Cutler, Cassel, Brees, Culpepper, and Schaub.

Thanks Aussie!

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738