Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs vs Eagles Wrapup

Default Chiefs vs Eagles Wrapup

The first quarter was brutal. Charles' fumble on the first play killed the Chiefs, and they couldn't get into a rhythm.

Despite this though, the defense was exceptional the entire game. The only touchdown the starters gave up came after the Charles fumble. They constantly pressured Kolb, and he looked clueless most of the game. The offense could not be stopped in the 2nd or 3rd quarters. Cassel looked decent, and they didn't have too much trouble moving the ball.

This is why I was looking forward to this game. We got to see the Chiefs vs Eagles, all starters, a team that crushed us last year. They got over the first quarter turnover that gave up points and the starters won this game. Forget about the final score.

I am definitely looking forward to beating the Chargers in Week 1. This is the team we've been waiting for to finally take a step forward and make a playoff run.

well i would say chargers would be a true test but the chargers always start slow so im thinking we will win it but the true test will be the second time around when we play them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The first quarter was brutal. Charles' fumble on the first play killed the Chiefs, and they couldn't get into a rhythm.

Despite this though, the defense was exceptional the entire game. The only touchdown the starters gave up came after the Charles fumble. They constantly pressured Kolb, and he looked clueless most of the game. The offense could not be stopped in the 2nd or 3rd quarters. Cassel looked decent, and they didn't have too much trouble moving the ball.

This is why I was looking forward to this game. We got to see the Chiefs vs Eagles, all starters, a team that crushed us last year. They got over the first quarter turnover that gave up points and the starters won this game. Forget about the final score.

I am definitely looking forward to beating the Chargers in Week 1. This is the team we've been waiting for to finally take a step forward and make a playoff run.

I love it...... There was soooo much improvement on the team, many players are stepping up and the excitement and will to play is obvious. The offense needs to improve more but our defense looked real good, lots of hard hits by many different players,

The Eagles are a good team and our starters beat theres.

We can't have those RB fumbles though, that hurt.

I see us making the playoffs this year

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I love it...... There was soooo much improvement on the team, many players are stepping up and the excitement and will to play is obvious. The offense needs to improve more but our defense looked real good, lots of hard hits by many different players,

The Eagles are a good team and our starters beat theres.

We can't have those RB fumbles though, that hurt.

This is very good to hear.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    When I first read this statement, I thought you were getting overly excited. However, if our defense can play the way they did against the Eagle's, we will be playoff contenders.

I'm not worried about the Offense. We have enough weapons and a good enough coordinator that our offense will be better than average at worst. It might just take a little time to fingure out how to best utilize the players we have.

It might take them reaching their 30th birthdays... but I know they can do it.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

last year they had McNabb this year a backup, We will have to bring our A game Monday night cause Rivers isnt Kolb.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    last year they had McNabb this year a backup, We will have to bring our A game Monday night cause Rivers isnt Kolb.
    Last year Kolb was made to look like a pro bowl qb when we went up against him. There was progress from when we played the eagles last year.

Our first team defense did terrific for the positions that the offense put them in. Exspecially our secondary. The only dark lining to that silver cloud is that LeSean McCoy ran at will until the Eagles pulled him. We then were able t stuff Mike Bell, but that's not the same. We're going to have problems stopping top, pounding RBs - they won't get five carries in reaal games. Thankfully, we don't play a ton of great RBs this season.

Oh, and Brandon Carr is the most underrated Chief by a very long shot.

As for our offense, they're still mistake ridden, poor protectors, drop passes, and generally weak. Our play selection, especially, was terrible in the red zone and in 3rd and 4th and short.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast