Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Same stadium, Same team, Same outcome.

Default Same stadium, Same team, Same outcome.

Same stadium, Same team, Same outcome. Over and over and over and over and over again. Then repeat. For 47 years I've stood by em and I'll continue to. Why is beyond me. For the life of me I cant figure it out! God they just plain suck. yeah the defense showed a lilttle but the offense including Cassel is god awful. Horrible. Pitiful.
    "As I matriculate my way down the field of life, I will never forget this moment and you wonderful people who helped make this day possible". Hank Stram

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    ^So you don't care if Cassel doesn't start throwing the ball down the field? Because it's only a matter of time before defenses stack the box.

That is the only major worry I have about this team and has yet to show any signs of being taken care of.

I gotta admit, I really would like to see more down-field passes. Start using play action off of our great running game, like we did when Okoye was back there.

I just don't think you can live off an entire passing game in the flat.

Play action ought to be a pretty big part of this team's medium range passing attack, though I really think a play action screen involving Charles or McCluster could be a big money play.

Im thinking thats because we were doing minimal game planning for our last 3 games. I hope thats the case at least.

Or maybe they are doing with Cassel, exactly what they did with Brady. Until Brady got comfortable and learned the system, he was also throwing swing passes ,and dinking and dunking down the field all day. Personally, with a QB like Cassel, I think I would be more comfortable with the swings, and short passes all day.

If our run game can step up big like were all expecting it to it will make whatever downfield pass attempts we make easier for Cassel, and then all he will have to do is manage the game. I just hope its not a case of the coaches masking his inabilities to accurately get the ball downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    ^So you don't care if Cassel doesn't start throwing the ball down the field? Because it's only a matter of time before defenses stack the box.

That is the only major worry I have about this team and has yet to show any signs of being taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    Im thinking thats because we were doing minimal game planning for our last 3 games. I hope thats the case at least.

Or maybe they are doing with Cassel, exactly what they did with Brady. Until Brady got comfortable and learned the system, he was also throwing swing passes ,and dinking and dunking down the field all day. Personally, with a QB like Cassel, I think I would be more comfortable with the swings, and short passes all day.

If our run game can step up big like were all expecting it to it will make whatever downfield pass attempts we make easier for Cassel, and then all he will have to do is manage the game. I just hope its not a case of the coaches masking his inabilities to accurately get the ball downfield.
    You're absolutely right. Give Cassel some time to develop. He's going to have a good year this year with Weis. Charlie knows how to get the most out of his QBs.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011