Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Same stadium, Same team, Same outcome.

Default Same stadium, Same team, Same outcome.

Same stadium, Same team, Same outcome. Over and over and over and over and over again. Then repeat. For 47 years I've stood by em and I'll continue to. Why is beyond me. For the life of me I cant figure it out! God they just plain suck. yeah the defense showed a lilttle but the offense including Cassel is god awful. Horrible. Pitiful.
    "As I matriculate my way down the field of life, I will never forget this moment and you wonderful people who helped make this day possible". Hank Stram

want to win isnt even a chiefs fan..FYI..hes a troll probably from denver

Quote Originally Posted by tipidweller View Post
    I'm sick of how many negative chiefs fans there are out there. Do they think that is helping our team get better? Do you think think the players don't read this stuff? Does this boost morale? And do you think that when the players hear boos in the stands, that encourages them to play harder? Our team was DESTROYED by the previous regime. You can't expect everything to be fixed in a year! Yes there a few elements that need attention, but it only takes one or two broken cogs to make a machine not run right. I think all things considered were doing great. As for Cassel, remember, he did pretty damn good with a good supporting cast in new England. He can gEt the job done. Just be loyal, give our boys a chance, and if you can't, just shut up about it! Real chiefs fans don't care what you have to say..... You're not a real fan.
    Pardon me, but I've been a Chiefs fan for more than twice as long as you. I prefer to look at this team with a sense of diplomacy & a sense of realism -- not the head-up-the-arse approach of pretending that everything is OK when it isn't.

The O-Line needs upgraded, Cassel needs to step up his game, and Chiefs fans need to quit worshipping Eric Berry as though he's infallable -- he's not, as Berry whiffed on that TD run last night by Eagles RB LeSean McCoy. Run Defense is still a concern and I can go on and on. You can call it negativity if you want, but I'm simply telling it like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Pardon me, but I've been a Chiefs fan for more than twice as long as you. I prefer to look at this team with a sense of diplomacy & a sense of realism -- not the head-up-the-arse approach of pretending that everything is OK when it isn't.

The O-Line needs upgraded, Cassel needs to step up his game, and Chiefs fans need to quit worshipping Eric Berry as though he's infallable -- he's not, as Berry whiffed on that TD run last night by Eagles RB LeSean McCoy. Run Defense is still a concern and I can go on and on. You can call it negativity if you want, but I'm simply telling it like it is.
    I agree on alot of what you said to an extent. The O line is still not near what it needs to be but go back and look at the O line at the start of last season. I think we are far ahead of that. Run D has had there moments and there plays they would like to have back but again go back to last season and its far ahead.

I don't think that anyone has said that Berry won't make his mistakes. He is a rookie that is going to happen with any rookie. No matter what postion he may play. I was not 100% on board with many of our draft picks at the time but they are showing me something. Look at our draft Arenas if nothing eles has given us something on kick returns so we won't be starting in the shadow of our own goal line. Mccluseter is showing what he can do. Berry has looked good for the most part. From last season I think this team is FAR FAR ahead of then and that is all we can ask for IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wants to win View Post
    Awww, cant wait till Monday night so we can put all this preseason crap behind us. Week one complete, Chiefs 0-1. What's your excuse going to be then?
    We HAVE to find a way to eliminate these Raider fans before they are able to create a name.

Pardon me, but I've been a Chiefs fan for more than twice as long as you. I prefer to look at this team with a sense of diplomacy & a sense of realism -- not the head-up-the-arse approach of pretending that everything is OK when it isn't. is.
    i think im going to start by apolgising to any true chiefs fans who might of taken my message as a flowers and rainbows kinda message, it definately shouldnt be taken that way. my point in this thread is that unlike the herm era where we were a absolute mess when everything we loved from the vermeil era, you could find issues with all our eras back to hank stram. my points are theres alot to be excited about. believe me im not usually flowers and rainbows but i see promise. im just ready to get out of the herm edwards dark days and move back into the light. yes our lines questions havent been answered, u either believe in cassel or hate his guts. same with bowe. do i believe in our d? i hated the tyson jackson pick but i dont call someone a bust after one season,dorsey could show up as a run stoper and i hate all our nt. so yes were not super bowl champs but sept 13th i wouldnt be surprised to see us punch the chargers right in the jaw, but also wouldnt be horribly surprised if we show up and self destruct. im trying to go out on a limb and be excited to kick this year off. i apologies if i affended fellow chief fans

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    i think im going to start by apolgising to any true chiefs fans who might of taken my message as a flowers and rainbows kinda message, it definately shouldnt be taken that way. my point in this thread is that unlike the herm era where we were a absolute mess when everything we loved from the vermeil era, you could find issues with all our eras back to hank stram. my points are theres alot to be excited about. believe me im not usually flowers and rainbows but i see promise. im just ready to get out of the herm edwards dark days and move back into the light. yes our lines questions havent been answered, u either believe in cassel or hate his guts. same with bowe. do i believe in our d? i hated the tyson jackson pick but i dont call someone a bust after one season,dorsey could show up as a run stoper and i hate all our nt. so yes were not super bowl champs but sept 13th i wouldnt be surprised to see us punch the chargers right in the jaw, but also wouldnt be horribly surprised if we show up and self destruct. im trying to go out on a limb and be excited to kick this year off. i apologies if i affended fellow chief fans
    I'm always cautiously optimistic at the begining of the season that perhaps there's potential to do well until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I think most of us are actually excited about the effort. Major positives:

-Our starters out played the Eagle's starters

-We put a lot of pressure on the QB and ended up with around 5 sacks

-This might be the biggest of all in my opinion...After a terrible start, we regained our composure and got back in the game. That's something we absolutely could not manage to do last year. After a bad start like that, it was like a snowball effect.

-We almost hung on with a 3rd string QB, remember our 2nd stringer was out. Palko, right now, does not look like a QB that should be on an NFL roster. Hopefully that will change with a little more experience.

-The Eagle's are a really good team and we showed a lot of improvement against them over last year.

You are only telling half of what it is. Do you not see some positives too? It seems to me that most people overlook anything good with this team and then point out the same glaring needs we have and then call it "reality" You are not telling it like it is. There is another side to the story you are telling, Berry also lit up two players (RB and FB) in the ATL game at the same time on one play. How come you didnt bring that up? Just his missed tackle. Ronnie Lott missed a tackle in his rookie year too...is he bad? I just wish people would give it a chance this year instead of screaming that the sky is falling in Week 3 of the preseason. I know, there has been disappointment before, we have all been through it but some recognition of the bright spots would be nice too. (not saying you in particular, just in general)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Hey i thought they played ok. almost won, the starters did win.
    Going into this game against the eagles i thought we would have got our butt kicked. I was proud of them.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You are only telling half of what it is. Do you not see some positives too? It seems to me that most people overlook anything good with this team and then point out the same glaring needs we have and then call it "reality" You are not telling it like it is. There is another side to the story you are telling, Berry also lit up two players (RB and FB) in the ATL game at the same time on one play. How come you didnt bring that up? Just his missed tackle. Ronnie Lott missed a tackle in his rookie year too...is he bad? I just wish people would give it a chance this year instead of screaming that the sky is falling in Week 3 of the preseason. I know, there has been disappointment before, we have all been through it but some recognition of the bright spots would be nice too. (not saying you in particular, just in general)
    No, I'm not seeing half of what is. I'm simply pointing out what is broken that needs to be fixed. I'm well aware of the teams positives & as I had posted in another thread, it was great to see the other QB getting decked while holding the ball in Friday's game. <-- There, you want a positive, there it is.

Regarding Eric Berry, sure I could touch on the fact that he's made some good plays thus far, but it don't erase the missed tackle resulting in a TD for the opponent. That's not what the Chiefs gave him a 6-yr 60 million dollar contract for. For all that's worth they could've signed Jarad Page to a long-term deal for a lot less & he might very well have made that tackle. Outside of that play, Berry played well on Friday night, but guess what -- the Eagles rookie Safety Nate Allen played just as well, maybe even a little bit better.

Nobody is saying the sky is falling. The fact is the ship has already sunken with 10 wins in the last 3 years. I believe they have improved this offseason with a better coaching staff, some talented skill position players, DB's (including Berry, of course -- although I think the cost was too high regarding him), and their return game. Not sold on Haley as a head coach & I'm keeping an eye on Chan Gailey in Buffalo to see how Gailey does as a HC. It could very well be that Pioli hired the wrong guy.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast