Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We got our hands full against GB

Default We got our hands full against GB

They just torched Indy 59-24.
    I think we play starters atleast half the game. We need to win this game to get some uplift for monday night.

i see 3 sacks and a pick..140yds rushing and 210 passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakie View Post
    Get'em, I hate all the Nay Sayers. The only thing I can say is it's obvious they don't watch the games. Hell, before I figured out about Podcasts, I was listening to these preseason games over the net.

Even better, when I was on deployment I stayed up til 3 am to just watch redzone/highlight ticker HOPING they would show up on it. I did that every week.... BTW that was the 07 season, if that tells you anything.

As for Green Bay, I think if our defense puts a show on against their offense, win or lose, it will show something. The other thing I like about the Green Bay game is that their defense is HORRIBLE! It should give Matt Cassel and the boys a big boost in confidence going into the Monday night game. I honestly believe if our Defense brings their A+ game they can hold Rodgers at bay, at least to the point where our offense can throw enough points up on the board to keep the game in check. Win or lose if they come close it will tell a lot about the team. Especially, with the consideration that almost every broadcaster and analysis puts Green Bay in the NFC championship game.
    Agree, GB Defense can be had. This is a good chance for Chiefs Offense to shine and it could build some positive momentum going into the regular season. Crosses fingers.

I think that we have a really good offense in the making, and I am especially pleased with our defense. On offense, the only real issue we have is at the O-line, but honestly I think the talent and experience is there. It just needs to be polished off. Once that o-line can give Cassel something to work on it's game over. All those Cassel critiques out there will be shutting their lips. Because at least half of all his incompletes/interceptions seem to be receiver issues. Furthermore, from what I have seen in this preseason is the first strings not botching passes. So, bring on the season, that way I am angry when we lose. :P
    My favorite thing to hear, "Touchdown! Kansas City!" - Mitch Holthus

I would be really surprised, if any of our set starters played much, but the undecided positions, may play more. But it will be mostly the final look at who to keep on the roster. Win or lose does not matter, individual play does.

The problem is that the O-line is the foundation of an offense. If the foundation isn't sound, everything above it is on shaky ground. The O-line is better than it was the first half of last year but is still a couple of players away from where it needs to be. The chiefs need to go after two O-linemen in the first 4 rounds in 2011. If they can get the line up to snuff we'll see as much improvement if the offense as we've seen in the defense and I love the improvement I've seen in the defense.

normaly you only play starters for the first qtr or sometimes one or two series if you have alot of bubble players. that may be the best thing for us, get rodgers to the bench asap.

I think that there is enough talent on the O-line right now, true 2 more pulled next year in the draft would give it some depth. Honestly though, I think that if they pull their heads out and the vets teach these new guys a thing or two and they all become family things will be alright.

I am just ready for that o-line to come together. It has been their thorn since the 13-2 season. I think this team has the potential to make big things happen the day that o-line comes together. Every other point is there except for that, and as said I think it's just a matter of time before our o-line personnel come together and make it happen.
    My favorite thing to hear, "Touchdown! Kansas City!" - Mitch Holthus

Quote Originally Posted by GarH View Post
    The problem is that the O-line is the foundation of an offense. If the foundation isn't sound, everything above it is on shaky ground. The O-line is better than it was the first half of last year but is still a couple of players away from where it needs to be. The chiefs need to go after two O-linemen in the first 4 rounds in 2011. If they can get the line up to snuff we'll see as much improvement if the offense as we've seen in the defense and I love the improvement I've seen in the defense.
    ^^THIS !! The Chiefs added two DB's with 2 picks in the top 50 in the 2010 draft to shore up their pass defense. With Weigmann & Waters both nearing the end, it would be in the Chiefs best interest to draft a couple of very talented O-Lineman in 2011.

I think our starters need to stay in atleast half the game, they needs reps at game speed to work out thier kinks, and they have alot of them especially on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I think our starters need to stay in atleast half the game, they needs reps at game speed to work out thier kinks, and they have alot of them especially on offense.
    I think thats for sure for the offense. For the Defense I think it depends on how they start the game. If they start out how they played most of the eagles game then I think we can take them out sooner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123