DT:Shaun Smith, Ron Edwards, Garret Brown
    OLB: Hali, Vrbael, Studebaker, Sheffield, Walters
    ILB: Williams, Belcher, Johnson, Mays
    CB: Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Leggett, Daniels
    S: Berry, McGraw, Lewis, Morgan
    K: Succop
    P: Colquitt

where to start...

I think 3 QBs is a must, especially after the injury to Brodie a week or so ago. While I still think hes a good backup when called upon, he does us no good if not healthy. And Palko has actually looked pretty good in the preseason so far. Very quick release for a lefty :)

Cox is a much better lead blocker than Castille, plus with a versatile guy like Jackie Battle we can use him in short yardage situations and at FB if we need to. Castille is expendable

For WRs I think Horn is pretty much a lock to make the team. Hes been a superstar at tc and recorded our only passing TD of the preseason so far. None of the other WRs on the bubble have done much of anything, and Urban is Haleys veteran guy. Not to mention hes not a bad slot WR

I dont have us keeping Daryl Harris at Guard. Unfortunately even as good as he has looked in tc and workouts, he cant stay healthy and has not been able to get on the field at all in the preseason. Unless he plays week 4 and tears it up, I dont see him keeping his job over Colin Brown.

I kept Garret Brown over Gales. I dont think there is anyway Garret Brown would clear waivers to the practice squad. Every time hes out there hes pushing the pocket like no other NT on our team. Constantly commanding the double team. Keeping him is a must. I see him as our future at NT...Still cant believe this guy went undrafted...

I also think we keep an extra OLB...Pierre Walters has shown several flashes of what hes capable of doing, and at a position where we need more production and depth, I think he stays.

Questions, Comments, concerns? Whos your 53?

We actually just released Moore yesterday. And I dont see Quintin Lawrence keeping his roster spot over Copper, considering that last WR spot will most likely just be a special teams guy. And Lawrence has already been beaten out by Areas returning kicks...

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    i think we lose moore and keep quentin lawrence for special teams use

The only thing with Castille is that he brings nothing to the table we dont already have. He is a poor lead blocker, but he has the ability to carry the ball. Maybe we keep him on as a RB, like last year, but what would be the point if we also retain Jackie Battle? He can do what Castille does. I just think Cox is a much better lead blocker, and with an improved o-line hes going to be that much better. But if we can squeeze 5 RBs on the roster, I would like to keep him.

As far as Page, my money is on him getting signed then traded, shortly after final roster cuts. Who knows though..

And I dont think Pioli is ready to admit that drafting Magee in the 3rd was a mistake..I think we give him some more time also

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    Saw Lokey play FB but I don't think it will happen. I think Castille stays, he was with Haley and Cox is from the old organization.

Copper stays, big part of special teams. Dion Gales stays, great depth. I wonder if Magee stays, he hasn't improved very much. I can't see Horne not making the 53 because he won't make it to the practice squad.

What happens to Page, they haven't released him and hes under contract but does he count against the roster?
    Last edited by MDChiefs!; 08-30-2010 at 12:29 PM.

I think Battle has looked good this off seaon. The knock him last year was fumbling the ball. He is also stout enough that he could play FB.

I kind of liked Moore but this position is good in depth. He may have been cut early for a chance to get picked up on another team.

I am guessing Page signs, and gets cut. Does anyone know if he can even pass a physical.

page will be cut, he has absolutely no trade value at this time, becuase anyone interested in him knows that the chiefs willhave to cut him.

And, with Moore being gone, to the original 53 posted up, my bet is that we do keep Copper. Colin Brown will also make the cut.

Lawrence has been working on playing the gunner on punt teams

J. Horne was also working as a gunner on Special teams, and to answer a question I posed on Friday. He caught a punt by Colquitt on the 5. It was a good play so Horne has some value as a gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    We actually just released Moore yesterday. And I dont see Quintin Lawrence keeping his roster spot over Copper, considering that last WR spot will most likely just be a special teams guy. And Lawrence has already been beaten out by Areas returning kicks...

The only thing with Castille is that he brings nothing to the table we dont already have. He is a poor lead blocker, but he has the ability to carry the ball. Maybe we keep him on as a RB, like last year, but what would be the point if we also retain Jackie Battle? He can do what Castille does. I just think Cox is a much better lead blocker, and with an improved o-line hes going to be that much better. But if we can squeeze 5 RBs on the roster, I would like to keep him.

As far as Page, my money is on him getting signed then traded, shortly after final roster cuts. Who knows though..

And I dont think Pioli is ready to admit that drafting Magee in the 3rd was a mistake..I think we give him some more time also
    lawrence does pretty well on ST coverage plus hes younger and was a pioli draft pick

i believe he stays over copper

OFFENSE (25)
    QB (2): Cassel, Palko
    HB (3): Jones, Charles, Battle
    FB (1): Cox
    WR (6): Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Jerhme Urban, Copper, Lawrence
    TE (3): Pope, Moeaki, O'Connell
    LT (2): Branden Albert, Barry Richardson
    LG (2): Brian Waters, Jon Asamoah
    C (2): Casey Weigman, Rudy Neiswanger
    RG (2): Ryan Lilja, Colin Brown
    RT (2): Ryan O'Callaghan, Ike Ndukwer

DEFENSE (25)
    DE (5): Dorsey, Jackson, Magee, Gilberry, Shaun Smith
    NT (3): Ron Edwards, Derek Lokey, Garret Brown
    OLB (4): Hali, Vrbael, Studebaker, Walters
    ILB (4): Williams, Belcher, Johnson, Mays
    CB (5): Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Leggett, Daniels
    S (4): Berry, McGraw, Lewis, Washington

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
    LS: Gafford

We send Sheffield and Lawrence to the practice squad.

I think Croyle gets cut and we go with two QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    OFFENSE (25)
    QB (2): Cassel, Palko
    HB (3): Jones, Charles, Battle
    FB (1): Cox
    WR (6): Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Jerhme Urban, Copper, Lawrence
    TE (3): Pope, Moeaki, O'Connell
    LT (2): Branden Albert, Barry Richardson
    LG (2): Brian Waters, Jon Asamoah
    C (2): Casey Weigman, Rudy Neiswanger
    RG (2): Ryan Lilja, Colin Brown
    RT (2): Ryan O'Callaghan, Ike Ndukwer

DEFENSE (25)
    DE (5): Dorsey, Jackson, Magee, Gilberry, Shaun Smith
    NT (3): Ron Edwards, Derek Lokey, Garret Brown
    OLB (4): Hali, Vrbael, Studebaker, Walters
    ILB (4): Williams, Belcher, Johnson, Mays
    CB (5): Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Leggett, Daniels
    S (4): Berry, McGraw, Lewis, Washington

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
    LS: Gafford

We send Sheffield and Lawrence to the practice squad.

I think Croyle gets cut and we go with two QBs.
    I think one of your lineman get cut in favor of keeping a third Qb. I don't think Palko is a back quality yet and really can't risk having him as the main back up to Cassell.

The some of the offensive lineman are so versatile, that you could either see a center cut, or one of the back up guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think one of your lineman get cut in favor of keeping a third Qb. I don't think Palko is a back quality yet and really can't risk having him as the main back up to Cassell.

The some of the offensive lineman are so versatile, that you could either see a center cut, or one of the back up guards.
    Yeah, Croyle was the most difficult cut of the bunch. But I just don't see the point in keeping him. His big arm and good attitude were positivies for camp, but he's useless as a gametime QB because of his health problems. I think we run with two QBs and sign someone else if we need to as the season progresses.

Shaun Smith (DE) was the most difficult keep. We don't need him and he's looked terrible in camp. Garrett Brown would be the next most likely, I think. I can't see us ditching any OL given our health issues. If we do, I think Wiegmann is the first to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast