Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Win AFC West?

Default Chiefs Win AFC West?

So, apparently Football Outsiders has predicted the Chiefs will win the AFC West. I havent had much time to dedicate to watching the NFL this year (too busy with working and coaching) so I cannot put in my two cents. I hope they are right of course, but form what I read the defense needs some more work before we win anything. Here is the link:
    HTML Code:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16365/chiefs-get-major-endorsement
    On another note, apparently John Lynch likes our defense:

HTML Code:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16342/john-lynch-likes-kansas-citys-defense
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i was shocked to see the defense play much better than the offense against philly. i hope the offense can improve to make us competitive.
    I'd expect our defense to play better than our offense. Most of our big draft picks the last few years have been defense. I'm just hoping a few offensive guys will step it up and play well this year and then we can start drafting wants instead of needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Wat too early to predict AFC West champs.
    It is to early but at least we are starting to get some love.

Preseason is just preseason, the real test will be on that first monday night at home. Dreams can come true and let's all hope it starts then and there. If we can start off with a win vs san diego, this will be a very very good year! GOOO CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It is to early but at least we are starting to get some love.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0raBwKrNxBo&p"]YouTube- Teddy Pendergrass - Close the door (Nutty Professor) (HD)[/ame]

It's possible to win the division. We have an extremely easy schedule and play in a division that 8-8 has won very recently. Cassel is the 2nd best QB in the division, and we have a good running game and secondary.

But considering we're returning nine starters from the 31st ranked defense and an offensive line that would have difficuties against a juco pass rush, I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    It's possible to win the division. We have an extremely easy schedule and play in a division that 8-8 has won very recently. Cassel is the 2nd best QB in the division, and we have a good running game and secondary.

But considering we're returning nine starters from the 31st ranked defense and an offensive line that would have difficuties against a juco pass rush, I'm not holding my breath.
    Excellent post reply; one I feel I can identify with even though I feel it's way too early to call. Good job!

Thumbs up

One can dream.... Go Chiefs!!

I think it might be a season too early to declare us division winners, but I definitley think we have a shot at finishing 2nd. We have to set the tone against SD on opening night. If we can somehow beat them, then we could be on our way to a much better seasons than last year

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    I think it might be a season too early to declare us division winners, but I definitley think we have a shot at finishing 2nd. We have to set the tone against SD on opening night. If we can somehow beat them, then we could be on our way to a much better seasons than last year
    KC will have a lot of fans when they play SD on MNF. Oakland and Denver fans will be rooting for us because all 3 teams believe they have a shot at the division title if SD stumbles early.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast