Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Leinart

Default Matt Leinart

Somebody had to start a thread on him eventually. ESPN.com has an article that claims the Cardinals are taking calls about him from other teams.

There is obviously a connection since Haley was once his OC, and it's never a bad idea to improve your depth at QB. If Cassell turns out not to be our guy, or if he gets injured, where are we going to turn. As much as I like Brodie, everybody knows we would be lucky to get through one game without him being injured.

I have always felt like Leinart could be a star QB if he was ever given a real chance to become a full-time starter. He has been better than Anderson statistically, but rumor has it that his teammates just don't believe in Leinart and so Anderson is going to be the starter. Something tells me that Leinart is now highly motivated to prove his teammates and critics wrong, and he is going to go somewhere and do good things. A motivated QB with Leinart's talent and a fresh start could be scary good.

So a team spent a ton of money on a guy and has given up on him, but there are people wanting him because he had a good rookie season for the very team that gave up on him. Seriously.

Hey J. Russell had a good 4th Qtr series against the Chiefs that won the game. Maybe we should bring him in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So a team spent a ton of money on a guy and has given up on him, but there are people wanting him because he had a good rookie season for the very team that gave up on him. Seriously.

Hey J. Russell had a good 4th Qtr series against the Chiefs that won the game. Maybe we should bring him in too.
    So, based on your logic, having a good quarter is the equivalent of having a good season?

I'm not sure that a single person who has responded to this thread, myself included, has said that we should bring him in for sure. A few of us believe he still has some potential and are entertaining the idea that he might improve our depth at QB, and, if Cassel gets injured or does not have the season that we hope he does, maybe he is better than what we currently have on the roster to step in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    So, based on your logic, having a good quarter is the equivalent of having a good season?

I'm not sure that a single person who has responded to this thread, myself included, has said that we should bring him in for sure. A few of us believe he still has some potential and are entertaining the idea that he might improve our depth at QB, and, if Cassel gets injured or does not have the season that we hope he does, maybe he is better than what we currently have on the roster to step in for him.
    Again that is a matter of opinion and I will go along with our HCs opinion who coached him a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

Do you realize how much that back up QB would cost this team in Salary yet alone losing a probable High to mid draft pick.

Maybe our better option is to let Leinart be the bust he is and if Cassel does not pan out to be who he is, then lets draft a QB and give someone else with potential a shot. And then while we are at it, use that saved draft pick to fix another hole at mabye DL or OL.

Now, IF we do bring him. I will behind him and hope he does well, but until he is a Chief. He sucks...

Ha Ha Ha
    $14 million or so. His contract was massively backloaded.......

Now that he has been cut I would not mind seeing him brought in for a low price. I think he would be a clear upgrade from Palko and he has been around haley would not be a bad move IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Now that he has been cut I would not mind seeing him brought in for a low price. I think he would be a clear upgrade from Palko and he has been around haley would not be a bad move IMO.
    Agreed. Palko isn't worth the spot.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree. They wouldn't have to give up anything for him, he gets a fresh start & he was teammates with Cassel in college. A question that needs to be asked about Leinart is just how much of a fair shake did he really get with the Cardinals?

How ironic would that be, Leinart is brought in to back up the quarterback he started over all of college. HA! I'm not a big Leinart fan...Not even Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald could help him to succeed at this level. I wish him luck, but with some other team.

I dont't see a problem with bringing Leinart in if the price is right. I would feel better going into the season with 3 guys who have played some NFL level of football. I agree with BRD, I dont know that Leinart ever really got a fair shake in Arz. I think a change of scenery, a second chance and a chip on his shoulder to prove some people wrong could be a good thing.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast